2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.

Jacking Points

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2008, 12:59 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by TFB Designs
I'm glad I read this thread before ever jacking up the Fit. The diagram with the jacking points shown is for the Civic. On the Civic there isn't an apparent rear jacking point other than the tow hook. Someone please confirm that these are the correct jacking points for the GD3:

Front

Rear

I find it weird that this thing has a hole in the middle where the jack will go.
You are correct Tim. The '07 Fit did not have the hole in the rear bracket. The hole in your '08 bracket doesn't matter- your floor jack lifting pad will fit right over it.

Old 10-28-2008, 02:11 PM
And the first pic - if that's the front - that looks identical to the Civic illustration and the front jacking point on my S2000 - shape and design. That is definitely a jacking point.

Old 10-28-2008, 09:28 PM
5 Year Member
Ok I believe I have found the jack points on the GE8 but let's see what everyone says.

Front...

And the rear one...

Old 10-28-2008, 09:35 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by neteng101
Ok I believe I have found the jack points on the GE8 but let's see what everyone says.

Front...

And the rear one...

I will pick up my GE8 day after tomorrow, and those points are exactly where I will jack my car with a floor jack, when I am not using ramps. You've got it exactly right.

Old 11-01-2008, 02:55 AM
5 Year Member
Can anybody look at the oil pan in the above images and tell if the pan has a recessed drain plug port?

If it does, I need to order the adaptor with my #106N Fumoto valve.

Far as I can tell, the drain plug is not recessed?

What do you all see? Thanks in advance.

Old 11-01-2008, 10:00 AM
Banned
Originally Posted by badself
Can anybody look at the oil pan in the above images and tell if the pan has a recessed drain plug port?

If it does, I need to order the adaptor with my #106N Fumoto valve.

Far as I can tell, the drain plug is not recessed?

What do you all see? Thanks in advance.
It does not look recessed to me, and I will be ordering the same valve for my new GE. My old GD used the Fumoto 106, and was not recessed.

Old 11-01-2008, 01:24 PM
5 Year Member
To jack or not to jack

IF you are doing something that requires jacking the car up (removing the wheels) that is one thing but if it's maintenance I use ramps. Gotta' find some that clear the nose etc. I have used 4 ramps and got a '93 Toyota Celica up on all 4 but it's a bit tricky as you have to place them behind or in front depending on the car and drive up carefully. There are relativley inexpensive car lifts that fold up against the wall and will easily lift a car like the Fit. Just make sure they are not Chinese! Might have milk instead of hydraulic fluid!

Old 12-09-2008, 02:35 PM
where are the arrows in the body?

According to the manual there are arrows in the body indicating where to place the jack for a GD era sport. However, I cannot find them. Can someone please post a pic for me? thanks

Old 12-09-2008, 08:04 PM
Merchant / Group Buy Organizer ( non-certified )
These are the correct jacking points for the GD3:

Front
Name:  JackFront.jpg
Views: 24020
Size:  52.9 KB

Rear: Jack from the center of the upside down triangular part with the hole in the bottom.

Name:  JackRear.jpg
Views: 21247
Size:  57.4 KB

Old 12-09-2008, 08:06 PM
Merchant / Group Buy Organizer ( non-certified )
^Those are the center jacking points. The sides jacking points are shown in your owners manual.

Old 12-10-2008, 12:10 AM
^Those are the center jacking points. The sides jacking points are shown in your owners manual.
I agree those are in the manual. However, I cannot *find* the arrows that the manual says should be there so I'm not sure I have found the correct jack points. Thus, if someone could take a pic or describe it for me I'd appreciate it. Thanks

Old 12-10-2008, 04:10 AM
Supervillain
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by mozarwasagenius
I agree those are in the manual. However, I cannot *find* the arrows that the manual says should be there so I'm not sure I have found the correct jack points. Thus, if someone could take a pic or describe it for me I'd appreciate it. Thanks
there are no arrows etched onto the jack points. the arrows are only in the diagrams. (sorry if i understood you incorrectly, but it seems like that's what you were asking).

Old 12-10-2008, 10:07 PM
Originally Posted by doctordoom
there are no arrows etched onto the jack points. the arrows are only in the diagrams. (sorry if i understood you incorrectly, but it seems like that's what you were asking).
ok, i misunderstood the manual then. thanks for the perspective

Old 03-07-2009, 04:04 PM
Which are the correct jack points for a '09 Fit Sport?

Here's a shot from the front of the vehicle:

And here's a shot from the back:

Thanks!!!

Old 03-07-2009, 04:41 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by care for a pint
Here's a shot from the front of the vehicle:

And here's a shot from the back:

Thanks!!!
Looking from the back, A and C. In the front view with poor lighting, it's too hard to see the front lift point midway between the front wheels.

Old 03-07-2009, 06:27 PM
Is this any better? (I just lightened up the photo.) If not, I'll take a better photo tomorrow.

My gut is telling me that it's "B". But I'm surprised on how far back it is. I haven't tried yet, but can you access it from the side?

Last edited by care for a pint; 03-07-2009 at 06:29 PM.
Old 03-07-2009, 06:50 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by care for a pint
Is this any better? (I just lightened up the photo.) If not, I'll take a better photo tomorrow.

My gut is telling me that it's "B". But I'm surprised on how far back it is. I haven't tried yet, but can you access it from the side?

Sorry man, that photo is still too unclear. Just use a flashlight, and find the rectangular, protruding plate right in the center, between the front wheels. It is smaller in size than the rear lift point. The other thing that you can do is to raise the front of the car on one side using the frame rail right behind the front wheel, put a jack stand under the frame rail, and then use a creeper or crawl under there and look directly at the lift plate. Then you will be able to recognize it more easily with your head under the front bumper as you position your floor jack.

Last edited by manxman; 03-07-2009 at 06:56 PM.
Old 03-07-2009, 08:34 PM
5 Year Member
From the picture, it looks like "B" and, yes, it is really far back. I have a pretty long and low jack, and it barely reaches. You might be able to go in from the side, but you have to be careful that you don't block the points for the jackstands.

Old 03-07-2009, 09:03 PM
Sweet, thanks!

Old 03-07-2009, 09:28 PM
5 Year Member
I think it's "B" too.

If you drive up onto some 2x4 boards under the front tires then it's easier to can get the floor jack in to lift.

Quick Reply: Jacking Points