2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.

WeatherTech Floor Liners Now Available!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2008, 12:15 PM
Coverage with WeatherTech Liners???

Do the front liners extend past (forward of) the driver pedals? It would appear so from the picture on the WeatherTech website but I think that is a "generic" picture, not one from a 2009 Honda Fit. Since these are for winter use, obviously protecting the area just under the pedals and also coverage of the dead pedal would be critical.

Anyone have these for the 2009 yet? If you have a 1st generation with WeatherTech liners, how is the floor coverage on the driver side?

Old 11-02-2008, 12:20 AM
I've used these types of fitted mats in my last two vehicles and they are
great for keeping snow/salt off the carpets .
Be warned though , when the snow melts , the mats can be become slippery
when wet .
Instead of taking them out to remove snow , just scoop it out and keep
a rag handy to soak up the melted snow(water) .

Old 11-03-2008, 10:50 AM
Originally Posted by ccaddy
I've used these types of fitted mats in my last two vehicles and they are
great for keeping snow/salt off the carpets .
Be warned though , when the snow melts , the mats can be become slippery
when wet .
Instead of taking them out to remove snow , just scoop it out and keep
a rag handy to soak up the melted snow(water) .

Thanks! I went ahead an pre-ordered but it may be a month away. I read some complaints about the edge not sitting flush with the door sills, creating a gap there. Critical area since that's where your boots go over, ladden with snow/slush! How did you find the fitment on your vehicles?

Old 11-06-2008, 06:01 PM
Floor Liners Arrived Yesterday - In Car Today - Pics!

I put my order in on 10/29/08 (last Wednesday) and they arrived yesterday, so it took one week to get here.

I took a bunch of pics in and out of the car. Sorry about the quality, though. It's a horrible rainy dark day today, so these are more shots in the garage taken by flourescent work light or with flash - not the best, but you get the idea. Some pics look dark grey, but they are black.

Good fit. No, not 100% perfect, but it's the best protection money can buy. The Subaru liners also went in today, and for whatever reason, they seem to fit just a tiny bit better.

Anyway, here's a Picasa link to the pics:

Picasa Web Albums - Tom - WeatherTech F...#

Old 11-06-2008, 06:55 PM
AWDturbo: these look great. thanks a lot for the pictures! btw, do they smell bad? I don't like any vinyl smell (the kind of smell on your new shower curtain, or a new loose leaf vinyl binder cover) and I hope this one doesn't have that smell. Real rubber smell is fine w/ me.

One more question: are these mats attached to the floor or just lay there? Do they slide at all? Thanks!

Last edited by Surviver of the Fittest; 11-07-2008 at 01:08 AM. Reason: additional question
Old 11-06-2008, 09:51 PM
Wow, those DO look great. Really protect everything and hold everything in! I've GOT to order those.

Ok, I just did order those

Last edited by animes2k; 11-06-2008 at 09:56 PM.
Old 11-06-2008, 10:12 PM
5 Year Member
Linky

Thanky for Linky!

Originally Posted by AWDturbo
I just checked on this Monday night and WeatherTech had nothing for the 2009 Fit. But I checked again last night before going to bed, and they DO now have 2009 Honda Fit products available, including their floor liners.

Needless to say, I put in an order (and got some for the Subaru, too.)

I know fellow Fit owners in the snow states and Canada should be thrilled about this.

Linky:
WeatherTech Automotive Accessories - FloorLiner? DigitalFit? - 2009 Honda Fit - WeatherTech Floor Liner - floor liner, floor tray protects and lines the floor of truck and SUV carpeting from mud, snow, water and dirt

Old 11-07-2008, 01:15 AM
I just noticed that weathertech all weather mats (not the liner) are also available - for both front and back rows. However I am not sure if the photos are representative of the real mats or just a generic image. The second row mats are tiny on the photos. I think the OEM mats have much better coverage in the rear seat than these. If someone have ordered these mats, please post your review here when you receive it. thanks!

Old 11-07-2008, 06:35 AM
Originally Posted by Surviver of the Fittest
AWDturbo: these look great. thanks a lot for the pictures! btw, do they smell bad? I don't like any vinyl smell (the kind of smell on your new shower curtain, or a new loose leaf vinyl binder cover) and I hope this one doesn't have that smell. Real rubber smell is fine w/ me.

One more question: are these mats attached to the floor or just lay there? Do they slide at all? Thanks!

Nope - no smell at all.

And they do just drop in, but because they're so deep, they hold themselves in place tightly - no sliding whatsoever.

And we had some rain yesterday, so we had some experience with wet shoes & water on the mats, and the mats didn't seem slippery at all. Of course, shoes full of snow might be a different story. We'll see.

Old 11-07-2008, 10:24 AM
5 Year Member
Thumbs up

They definately look a lot better than the all-weather from Honda (IMO).

Old 11-07-2008, 12:41 PM
Enhaced pictures of WeatherTech liners

I ran this by the OP to get his approval so edited his original images. I couldn't make out anything due to the darkness/size, therefore I went ahead and resized/lightened the pics. Resolution isn't the best due to the size of the images, but you can get a better idea of what the liners look like here:

Driver side:

Front passenger side:

Old 11-09-2008, 11:36 PM
I just received my weathertech floor mats and I have to say I am VERY impressed. They fit like a glove, there is no movement whatsoever and they sit pretty much flush with the outside well of the floorboard. If you live in a snowy state like I do (MN), I can confidently recommend these mats for you. Snow from boots will simply melt in the 'tub' of the floor mat and you can then simply pull them out and dump the water out.

Buy these with confidence.

Old 11-10-2008, 12:10 PM
Thanks for the recommendation! + Rep to you. I ordered mine October 31 and have at least until the end of this month to receive my order (I'm in Canada so they haven't been "released" up here yet). Anyhow, good to hear I made a wise purchase since these cost me $161.64!

Originally Posted by boots11234
I just received my weathertech floor mats and I have to say I am VERY impressed. They fit like a glove, there is no movement whatsoever and they sit pretty much flush with the outside well of the floorboard. If you live in a snowy state like I do (MN), I can confidently recommend these mats for you. Snow from boots will simply melt in the 'tub' of the floor mat and you can then simply pull them out and dump the water out.

Buy these with confidence.

Old 11-10-2008, 04:33 PM
Originally Posted by FitCanada_Girl
Thanks for the recommendation! + Rep to you. I ordered mine October 31 and have at least until the end of this month to receive my order (I'm in Canada so they haven't been "released" up here yet). Anyhow, good to hear I made a wise purchase since these cost me $161.64!
Will these be shipped from Canada or the US?

Old 11-10-2008, 04:44 PM
Ordered through the WeatherTech Canada website here: WeatherTech Automotive Accessories - FloorLiner? DigitalFit? - 2009 Honda Fit - WeatherTech Floor Liner - floor liner, floor tray protects and lines the floor of truck and SUV carpeting from mud, snow, water and dirt

Someone in the US got theirs last week so it's quite a wait for us in Canada! I was told 3-4 weeks when I placed my order October 31 (so by November 21-28). I'll keep you all updated on when they tell me these ship and when I actually receive them. We had snow on the ground today! Yikes..hurry up WeatherTech!

Originally Posted by FiveFreshFish
Will these be shipped from Canada or the US?

Old 11-10-2008, 09:06 PM
$149 Can. for two mats
I hope you didn't pay full retail

Last edited by ccaddy; 11-10-2008 at 10:16 PM.
Old 11-11-2008, 08:46 AM
These aren't "mats" but floor liners custom made for the 2009 Honda Fit. From the WeatherTech website WeatherTech Automotive Accessories - FloorLiner? DigitalFit? - 2009 Honda Fit - WeatherTech Floor Liner - floor liner, floor tray protects and lines the floor of truck and SUV carpeting from mud, snow, water and dirt:

"The WeatherTech® FloorLiner™ DigitalFit™ accurately and completely lines the interior carpet giving "absolute interior protection™"! Digital laser measurements of interior surfaces offer a consistently perfect fit! A patent pending High-Density Tri-Extruded (HDTE) material allows for a rigid core for strength while offering surface friction to the carpet, as well as tactile feel to the surface! Advanced surfacing creates channels that carry fluids and debris to a lower reservoir with further channeling to help minimize fluid movement while driving! Once fluids become trapped in the reservoir, away from shoes and clothing, they are easily removed from the WeatherTech® FloorLiner™ DigitalFit™ over the door sill...no muss-no fuss!"

Cost is $99.95 US or $142.95 CAD (plus taxes, hence the total of $161.54 CAD in Ontario). Having tried everything (minus these liners) in my Mazda3 for 4 winters, I know how difficult it is to keep snow/slush/salt/sand off the carpets. So yes, very costly but if this liners do the trick of keeping my carpets clean I'll consider them worth every penny! Trying to get salt out of carpets post winter is NOT a fun job....

Old 11-11-2008, 08:51 AM
I've only found the WeatherTech liners available from a single source here in Canada and that is "MacNeil" which manufactures the product. So yeah, full retail cost for only 2 LINERS. Rear liners (all 1 piece so cover middle "hump" between the rear foot wells) will likely only be available in January. I know it sounds nuts but if these are as good as all the reviews I've read and comments posted here, I'll consider them worth the $$$. We get 5+ months of HARD winter here in Sudbury and use of salt/sand is extreme on our roads....

Originally Posted by ccaddy
$149 Can. for two mats
I hope you didn't pay full retail

Old 11-11-2008, 09:58 AM
Originally Posted by FitCanada_Girl
So yes, very costly but if this liners do the trick of keeping my carpets clean I'll consider them worth every penny! Trying to get salt out of carpets post winter is NOT a fun job....
Will you also use your Honda all-weather mats with the carpet liners? Or are the liners supposed to be used by themselves?

Old 11-11-2008, 10:17 AM
The liners are perfectly fitted to the foot well so yes, they are meant to be used alone. Some people do put a "mat" on top to trap water/salt, but it isn't necessary. I find that the Honda all weather mats offer excellent lateral coverage for the rear passengers and front passenger, not so much for the driver area. So I'll remove them from the front to put in the WeatherTech liners but keep the Honda mats for the rear.

I'm not sure if I will get the liners to go back there at all (not available until January in the US). I'll wait to hear some reviews. The advantage is that they are "scoop shaped" so any water/road crap stays in them and can't seep or leak onto the underlying carpet. Even though my Honda all-weather mats offer excellent overall coverage, they don't have that "scoop" shape so they won't hold the water etc. as would the WeatherTech liners. Also, the ones for the rear are all 1 piece, hence also covering the area in between the foot wells for the rear passengers. Hmm...

Originally Posted by FiveFreshFish
Will you also use your Honda all-weather mats with the carpet liners? Or are the liners supposed to be used by themselves?

Quick Reply: WeatherTech Floor Liners Now Available!!!