2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.

How much did you pay for your Fit?

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2009, 12:26 AM
5 Year Member
milano red base 5speed 16k out the door. bought july 14 in bradenton fl

Old 08-05-2009, 12:32 AM
Bought on 7-30-09:

09 CBP Fit Sport w/Navi AT

Just over 19.5K OTD

Last edited by swbooking; 08-05-2009 at 12:35 AM.
Old 08-05-2009, 01:16 AM
Originally Posted by jbooth
Don't bother physically going to dealers, and don't use your parents. Use the internet. Build your fit on Honda's site, feed it some nearby zip codes (Aunts/Uncles/Grandparents are good too if they aren't too far away) and tell your dealer you're visiting folks and got this offer and see if they'll match it.

Our dealer not only matched, but beat, the internet offer from a dealer near my folks in Chicago. None of the internet dealers knew we were a CARS buy before they quoted me either.
Yeah...limme go ahead and slap a +10 to that response.

"use the internet" for me = Edmunds.com...pick what ya want, get the TMV for yer zip, then click "get quotes." 2 out of the 3 dealers I checked came back with prices under TMV...not much, but it was a start. Then I just copy/pasted quotes via email between two...and it got me a little lower. Sorry that sounds basic to some of you folks, but it's surprising to see how many don't know about these shopper options.

when i got home after the dealer, I'm poking around the pile of paperwork...contemplating keeping the "sticker" for my file on this Fit. i could not believe what i saw $17000 + $1995 "appearance package" + $495 "window etching" along with some other crap...the big bold/black price on this sticker? $21,349

$21k my lilly white ass...but by going this Edmunds route, they never tried handing me that sh*t-end of the stick, nor was a price like that ever mentioned to me.

Best first email quote was $16,900...worst being $17,400 - and they all knew i was opting IN the CARS deal...so those numbers were BEFORE my $4500 voucher. I was amazed at how smooth the sailing was that day

Last edited by Watsoff; 08-05-2009 at 01:20 AM.
Old 08-05-2009, 04:28 AM
Originally Posted by jbooth
Don't bother physically going to dealers, and don't use your parents. Use the internet. Build your fit on Honda's site, feed it some nearby zip codes (Aunts/Uncles/Grandparents are good too if they aren't too far away) and tell your dealer you're visiting folks and got this offer and see if they'll match it.

Our dealer not only matched, but beat, the internet offer from a dealer near my folks in Chicago. None of the internet dealers knew we were a CARS buy before they quoted me either.

The 15,6 OTD I posted earlier in ... apparently a different thread, so: Fit Sport AT w/Navi, bumper applique, cargo tray, and cloth mats ... is with a nice low 6.25% tax for the car (and no tax on the CARS money), but also has about 400 of extras I'm not sure I'd do again (cargo tray is flimsier than I was expecting, and the floor mats are kinda questionable with only the drivers locked down AND removable), but you should be able to do much better than 17k, even with unreasonable taxes. 16k or better if you aren't doing any extras.
yeah, but did you do the cash for clunkers rebate? and im only using my parents because they are the ones buying the car for me so i really don't have a choice lol

Old 08-05-2009, 08:45 AM
Originally Posted by ssjmonk
yeah, but did you do the cash for clunkers rebate? and im only using my parents because they are the ones buying the car for me so i really don't have a choice lol
see my response above.

opting IN on the CARS deal should not factor in when dealers provide price quotes....but that won't stop some of 'em from trying.

start from scratch on the pricing by going here:

New car prices, new car reviews at Edmunds

don't worry about the fact you may have already visited some or all of the dealers that show-up on the list for quotes when yer finished picking your Fit...submit the price quote request. i'm puttin my chips on the fact you will be very pleased with the prices you get going that route. some will include the price in an email response....others send a probing email response asking for "more info" even though you already provided them with your needs via Edmunds...respond to those, and stick to yer guns on getting their initial quote via e-mail = "in writing." In my experience, those will then respond back with a price. Only one dealer held-out, and forced me to call. By then, i had already gotten 2 juicy quotes.

Regardless, you will NOT be paying $17k AFTER yer clunker rebate for a freakin Fit. TMV (true market value) for an '09 Fit Sport AT with zero extras roughly 17,100 in my area.... +/- for whatever adjustment for yer location. That includes destination charge, and has nothing to do with CARS...don't talk to whoever quoted you $17k after CARS rebate again.

Old 08-05-2009, 10:31 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Watsoff
see my response above.

opting IN on the CARS deal should not factor in when dealers provide price quotes....but that won't stop some of 'em from trying.

start from scratch on the pricing by going here:

New car prices, new car reviews at Edmunds

don't worry about the fact you may have already visited some or all of the dealers that show-up on the list for quotes when yer finished picking your Fit...submit the price quote request. i'm puttin my chips on the fact you will be very pleased with the prices you get going that route. some will include the price in an email response....others send a probing email response asking for "more info" even though you already provided them with your needs via Edmunds...respond to those, and stick to yer guns on getting their initial quote via e-mail = "in writing." In my experience, those will then respond back with a price. Only one dealer held-out, and forced me to call. By then, i had already gotten 2 juicy quotes.

Regardless, you will NOT be paying $17k AFTER yer clunker rebate for a freakin Fit. TMV (true market value) for an '09 Fit Sport AT with zero extras roughly 17,100 in my area.... +/- for whatever adjustment for yer location. That includes destination charge, and has nothing to do with CARS...don't talk to whoever quoted you $17k after CARS rebate again.
Good advice, but I think the guy wants navigation... so don't get his hopes up with those really low prices . The Edmunds TMV for a Fit Sport A/T with navigation is around $19,200 in my area...

Old 08-05-2009, 10:56 AM
Picked it up on Monday

OR auto sport

275 for side molding, bumper app,wheel locks, etc
205 for all admin, title, temp plates
-------
4,500 Ford explorer- trouble since 2007
--------
12,875 OTD

didn't do financing for the price
I'm happy!

now about that A/C thingie......

Old 08-05-2009, 01:23 PM
Originally Posted by clicq
Good advice, but I think the guy wants navigation... so don't get his hopes up with those really low prices . The Edmunds TMV for a Fit Sport A/T with navigation is around $19,200 in my area...
correct, i am gunning at the Honda Fit Sport w/ Navi and basically the full package, but thanks for the response watsoff, ill try it out and see how it goes

Last edited by ssjmonk; 08-05-2009 at 01:26 PM.
Old 08-05-2009, 10:06 PM
Bought 7/27/09

Honda Fit Sport 5 spd. in Taffeta White!
With All Weather Floor Mats.

$16,155.00 price paid [ sticker was $16,930 w/Dest. ]
1,066.32 tax [6.5%]
250.00 document fee
25.50 tags
------------------------
$17,496.82 Total
-4,500.00 CARS Program
-------------------------------------------------------
$12,996.82 OTD.

This deal was made with no haggle pricing with a couple clicks on the internet!

I thought about getting another Toyota Yaris Sedan 5spd. [flamesuit on] with the additional $1000.00 rebate but my wife and I gave the Fit a test drive and was shocked at how different the Fit was to the Yaris. Very impressed with everything except the way the doors feel, the Yaris doors feel more solid.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ ++++++

Anybody looking for prices here is some of the feedback I got, these are in addition to taxes and such.

Base Fit 5spd. Sticker price with dest. - $15,420
Quote - $14,705

Fit Sport 5spd. Sticker - $16,930
Quote - $16,155

[I got another quote for $16,100 after I made my deal already]

Fit w/Nav 5spd. Sticker - $18,780
Quote - $17,931

Hope this helps!

Old 08-06-2009, 03:09 PM
In mid July, I emailed 8 dealers within 70 miles for Out The Door quotes, telling them I would only follow up with the two lowest quotes. We bought a White 09 Fit Sport with Manual Transmission, wheel locks, pin stripes, add on dealer carpet mats for $12,500 including tax (3%), title, license, with a $4,500 C4C rebate (C4C trade-in car was worth perhaps $800 - $1000). The dealer (Danville, VA Honda) was excellent throughout the transaction: no stress, no worry, no pressure. Picked it up July 31 after dealer brought it in from 150 miles away. My wife won't let me drive it!

Old 08-06-2009, 06:37 PM
Originally Posted by warner
Here's the GREAT deal I just got tonight on my 2009 Honda Fit Sport auto

$16,479.00 Purchase price INCLUDING destination charges
$ 151.65 Doc preparation fee
$ 896.00 Sales tax
$ 81.00 Title and plate transfer fees
$ 799.00 6 year/120k mile/$0 deductible HondaCare warranty
$ 25.00 Illinois fee

$18,431.65 Total cost

-$4501.00 Cash for clunkers money

$13,930.65 Total financed at 4.44% for 60 Months

$259.32 monthly payment for 60 months

Oh yeah.....the dealer also threw in floor mats, wheel locks, and a cargo tray. Not big expensive stuff but $72, $75, and $35 totalling another $182 (at College Hills Honda prices, which are low).

My purchase price was $732 UNDER invoice (not even counting the floor mats, cargo tray, or wheel locks) according to Edmunds who lists an invoice price (including destination charges) of $17,211

NOT BAD I think!

Thats my story and I'm sticking to it!

Warner

that's a good deal! what dealer in IL did you go to?

Old 08-06-2009, 07:52 PM
Originally Posted by garyoke
that's a good deal! what dealer in IL did you go to?

Ed Napleton Honda in Oak Lawn. If you decide to go there, talk to Brian Cole...he's the internet director there. Tell him that Warner sent you there and maybe you'll be able to get the same deal I did. Who knows?

Good luck!

Warner

PS - I didn't notice it at first, but the dealer also threw in the rear bumper applique'.....that's about $60....

Last edited by warner; 08-06-2009 at 07:56 PM.
Old 08-06-2009, 08:15 PM
Ed Napleton Honda in Oak Lawn. If you decide to go there, talk to Brian Cole...he's the internet director there. Tell him that Warner sent you there and maybe you'll be able to get the same deal I did. Who knows?

Good luck!

Warner

PS - I didn't notice it at first, but the dealer also threw in the rear bumper applique'.....that's about $60....

U know what Warner I emailed them and they said they couldnt even match a price of 16,779 including the destination for sport AT, the offer i got at the other napleton in river oaks.

Old 08-06-2009, 08:27 PM
how were your taxes so low on the purchase?? is it not 7.75% for cook county?

Ed Napleton Honda in Oak Lawn. If you decide to go

there, talk to Brian Cole...he's the internet director there. Tell him that Warner sent you there and maybe you'll be able to get the same deal I did. Who knows?

Good luck!

Warner

Old 08-06-2009, 09:48 PM
how were your taxes so low on the purchase?? is it not 7.75% for cook county?

Maybe....but I live in Kane county and it goes by what county you live in...

Warner

Old 08-06-2009, 09:56 PM
U know what Warner I emailed them and they said they couldnt even match a price of 16,779 including the destination for sport AT, the offer i got at the other napleton in river oaks.
I believe you. It would help if I explained how my deal unfolded. I was told by a person at their dealership (and the end of June) that they could in fact do the cash for clunkers trades early. I questioned that information HARSHLY, but was assured THREE TIMES that they could in fact do it early, but the price they quoted me was only good until the end of June. So I rushed over there (50 miles from my house!) to get the deal they offered. Needless to say, once I got there I was told that they could NOT do the C4C. (and I had my van TOWED there at a cost of $200 to me - it WAS driveable, but had a leaky water pump and I didn't want to risk trying to make it 50 miles before all the coolant leaked out, so I had it towed there). Needless to say I was VERY upset. They had to have one of their salespeople drive me home. Before I left, Brian Cole assured me that he would honor the deal when they WERE able to do the cash for clunkers. On top of that, he told me that he'd make up the $200 that I paid to tow my van there. He made good on ALL of his promises, which is why I recommended him to you. But it doesn't surprise me that they couldn't match your other deal. In June, Honda was offering their dealers a $500 rebate, which made the price lower. I don't believe that extended into June, and that made me wonder if they WOULD in fact honor the original deal. They did and I'm happy with them for it.

Warner

Last edited by warner; 08-06-2009 at 09:58 PM.
Old 08-06-2009, 10:03 PM
09 fit sport at blue sensation pearl. sticker price 17820, after my cash for clunker trade in, tax, title, doc fee 14500. added the 7 year 100k mile 1650, it equaled out to 16500. pretty good deal i think.

Old 08-07-2009, 07:57 PM
What's up guys? I'm thinking of getting a Fit this weekend in the Baltimore/DC area. The best quotes I have received so far are 17,800 from two places and 17,400 from one (but they said they are out of mt sports so they would have to order it or w/e and I'm not sure how long that takes). What do you guys think? Is 17,800 a good deal on an 09 mt sport? Or should I shop those numbers around a bit and try to get something better? Thanks a bunch!

Old 08-07-2009, 08:21 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by dudeman
What's up guys? I'm thinking of getting a Fit this weekend in the Baltimore/DC area. The best quotes I have received so far are 17,800 from two places and 17,400 from one (but they said they are out of mt sports so they would have to order it or w/e and I'm not sure how long that takes). What do you guys think? Is 17,800 a good deal on an 09 mt sport? Or should I shop those numbers around a bit and try to get something better? Thanks a bunch!
Are those prices out the door or just the car + destination? If it's out the door, it seems alright, but if it's just the car with destination charge, it's a bit much.

You should check Zag (Drive Your Dream | Car Buying Home Page), at least for a rough quote. You can usually do better than that if you just contact dealers through Edmunds or the like though.

Old 08-07-2009, 08:28 PM
Originally Posted by dudeman

I don't know how big the price differences are between regions but an 09 Fit Sport manual MSRP with destination is about $16,930 in my area. I got mine around $16,100.

Quick Reply: How much did you pay for your Fit?