2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Manual Fog light Operation

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2008, 08:19 PM
5 Year Member
Manual Fog light Operation

FOR THE 09 FIT

I have modified this post, and took a try at writing my own web page. You can access this mod here:

http://web.me.com/rteak/Fog_Light/In...Honda_Fit.html

Last edited by Roger's Fit; 07-10-2010 at 09:54 PM. Reason: Link to web site
Old 12-07-2008, 08:35 PM
thanks, nicely laid out should make it easy for those wanting to use there fogs during the day and early evening.

Old 12-07-2008, 08:39 PM
Retired Moderator
Thumbs up

You have got to be kidding me...... I looked all over that manual and couldn`t come up with a thing.......
You need to take some pictures with the Fogs on and the Head lights off..!

+ Rep for you!!

Old 12-07-2008, 08:39 PM
HID Addict
you should state that this is for the 09 fit, save us noobs the hassle i had to look at the "bread crumbs" lol but hey, your now the first one to figure it out [bravo] at least during my time gratz man

Old 12-07-2008, 08:52 PM
5 Year Member
2 Questions.

1. Does the dash indicator function?
2. What happens when the car is shut off? Will the lights off reminder inform you or is the fog relay only hot in the run position?

Old 12-07-2008, 08:58 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by umop-apisdn
2 Questions.

1. Does the dash indicator function?
2. What happens when the car is shut off? Will the lights off reminder inform you or is the fog relay only hot in the run position?
Good questions.

With the car off, no reminder and no indicator. You're not going to get it without more extensive and intrusive wiring.

With the car on the indicator works, if the headlights are on. With the headlights off, the indicator does not work, but the fog lights do.

One weird side effect. With the headlights on and the fog lights on, if you try to turn off the fog lights off, they wont. You have to turn the headlights off and then back on. It didn't matter to me, I use them anytime the headlights are on anyway.

Old 12-07-2008, 09:15 PM
Originally Posted by Rubba Burna
you should state that this is for the 09 fit, save us noobs the hassle i had to look at the "bread crumbs" lol but hey, your now the first one to figure it out [bravo] at least during my time gratz man
This has been posted in the second generation( GE 8 present) thread so it means it applies to the newer model.

Old 12-07-2008, 09:23 PM
HID Addict
Originally Posted by chyperX
This has been posted in the second generation( GE 8 present) thread so it means it applies to the newer model.
i know, thats how i figured it out on my own yay for me :P

Old 12-07-2008, 09:34 PM
5 Year Member
what did you do to your defrost?

edit: nevermind, I found it!

Old 12-07-2008, 10:02 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Roger's Fit
Good questions.
One weird side effect. With the headlights on and the fog lights on, if you try to turn off the fog lights off, they wont. You have to turn the headlights off and then back on. It didn't matter to me, I use them anytime the headlights are on anyway.
Give me a day or two. I think i have this figured out and can fix for less than $1.

Old 12-07-2008, 10:55 PM
Retired Moderator
Thumbs up

Can`t wait..!! hope you can..

Old 12-07-2008, 11:18 PM
5 Year Member
Inline diode, Roger?

Old 12-08-2008, 04:47 AM
5 Year Member
Inline diode, Roger?
Bingo

Old 12-08-2008, 11:49 AM
5 Year Member
Inline diode, Roger?

So this is basically the independent fog lights mod controlled by the fog light switch?

I tried to rep you but it says I have to spread it around more. Will rep you ASAP. Great mod!

Old 12-08-2008, 07:16 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by FitStir
:So this is basically the independent fog lights mod controlled by the fog light switch?

Yes.

Old 12-08-2008, 08:38 PM
Did the foglight switch modification today. Works as advertised! However, modified spade connecter seemed very insecure and loose. Probably will not last for the long haul over rough roads. I tried other creative non invasive connecters with no better results. You are on the right track and I Thank You for your effort. It was obviously easy for me to go back to factory settings and I hope for a more permanent solution.

Old 12-08-2008, 10:10 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Red Rider
Did the foglight switch modification today. Works as advertised! However, modified spade connecter seemed very insecure and loose. Probably will not last for the long haul over rough roads. I tried other creative non invasive connecters with no better results.
You have to play with it the connector a bit. The other option is to use a scotchlok or a t-tap connector. It is minimal intrusion, and can be removed. Maybe a little hot glue on the back will help keep it in place. If mine falls out, i will hot glue.

Last edited by Roger's Fit; 12-08-2008 at 10:13 PM.
Old 12-08-2008, 11:12 PM
5 Year Member
Well Rodge, the resistor did the trick. I knew when you described the problem that it was obvious that the headlamp circuit was backfeeding into the fogs. I used a scotch lock on the combination switch and modified a spade connector so it would fit into the relay cavity, soldering it to the relays' post for good measure. I hate working under the dashes of these tiny cars, so I make sure I only have to do a job once.

Last edited by umop-apisdn; 12-08-2008 at 11:18 PM.
Old 12-09-2008, 08:33 AM
5 Year Member
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Roger's Fit
Yes.
You sir are a genius!!! Thanks again.

Well Rodge, the resistor did the trick. I knew when you described the problem that it was obvious that the headlamp circuit was backfeeding into the fogs. I used a scotch lock on the combination switch and modified a spade connector so it would fit into the relay cavity, soldering it to the relays' post for good measure. I hate working under the dashes of these tiny cars, so I make sure I only have to do a job once.
Great solution.

Old 12-09-2008, 10:07 AM
Not yet a Fit owner but this issue seems very similar to my 92 Integra. OEM, the fogs will only work with the head lights on. The trick on Gen 2 Integras, is to simply wire the fog switch to the rear window defrost switch. I can't recall the switch to turn on the fogs on the Fit but in the Integra it is a button. Not sure if it will work but it seems a little more simple. Here's the instructions for the Integra:
G2IC: Teg Tips

Last edited by SRLNCLT; 12-09-2008 at 10:13 AM.

Quick Reply: Manual Fog light Operation