2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What did you do to your GE fit today?

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2023, 11:22 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by mike410b
My horn hasn’t worked since 2015 or so

today installed the dual horn setup from a 2012 Ford Econoline. It rules.

Also installed a front lip and changed the oil. Car is livin.
Where did you get it and how much? Plug and play swap or special install? Video of horn noise? T

Old 10-15-2023, 08:23 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by msbxiv
Where did you get it and how much? Plug and play swap or special install? Video of horn noise? T
Pulled them off the van at a pick and pull.

Had to solder in a new plug, comrade did that while I was working on something else. It took him all of five minutes or so? Also cut a portion of the bracket off to fit them.

It sounds like a big truck/van horn. basically this.

Old 10-15-2023, 01:04 PM
2012 going back to stock life, removed yonaka full exhaus, kw coilover and turbo.

Old 10-24-2023, 02:41 PM
I finally got a running 5 spd Fit Sport after 8 months of hell with immobilizer issues.

Old 11-17-2023, 01:12 PM
Lip....Interesting...trying to get/find one for my sport....

Old 12-06-2023, 06:52 PM
Today after a couple weeks waiting for my lugs to arrive, I finally mounted my new Rota R Spec wheels in gunmetal color. Just in case anyone was wondering what the gunmetal color looks like on the GE, here ya go! Car is lowered on Swift Springs(of course!) and I'm running Kuhmo Ecsta 4X II tires in 205/50/16. The lugs in fact are Gorilla's and they were super cheap and they threaded on about as smooth as could be. Next up for the old boy is a respray because with shiny new wheels the lack of paint in all one color is all the more apparent. I'm going to show a before on stock Sport wheels and after with the new Rotas. Thanks to all on the forum for sharing all this valuable information over the years and even though I've almost never asked a direct question, a quick Google search almost always gives me the answers, provided over the years, that I need for my car companion over the past 4 years. Cheers folks!

Before and after, already on Swifts.

Old 12-06-2023, 11:15 PM
5 Year Member
@jose_rodz348 I like the look! Those wheels really fit the Fit

Old 12-07-2023, 07:27 AM
Looks great! Are the swift springs on oem shocks? How do you like the ride?

Old 12-07-2023, 03:19 PM
Originally Posted by Pyts
@jose_rodz348 I like the look! Those wheels really fit the Fit
Thank you! I had been checking out these wheels from posts from years ago on a few other members' cars and when it came time to decide between these and the Enkei PF01's, I chose the more economic option, but I love the look they give my car.

Old 12-07-2023, 03:32 PM
Originally Posted by jonshonda
Looks great! Are the swift springs on oem shocks? How do you like the ride?
Thank you! The ride on Swifts is basically stock, and since the Fit doesn't ride all that great anyway, there's little to zero ride degradation. You know it's lowered because there's an alertness to the ride, but the car won't remind you every 3 seconds. If you're on the fence about lowering, Swifts are the way to go and have been for years. A month in and I'm ecstatic. I'm still on OEM dampers, since my car only has 98k miles on it, but plan on replacing them with some OEM replacements during the latter half of next year just to keep the car fresh.

What has affected the ride are the tires. I went from Hankook V2 Concepts to Kuhmos and while the performance specs on those tires are better(W speed rating and a slightly lower treadwear rating of 420 down from 500), and I look forward to hitting some mountain roads in the near future, the ride is noticeably more crunchy. Problem was at first that every tire installer I've ever dealt with always OVERinflates the tires and mine were at 40+ PSI. Once deflated to 33 as per spec, the ride has improved, but it's also to be expected going down from 55 to 50 series tires. But if you're on stock Sport wheels and tires for example, you almost certainly won't even notice any change in ride with Swift Springs. That's how great those springs are!

Old 12-11-2023, 04:20 PM
Originally Posted by jose_rodz348
Thank you! I had been checking out these wheels from posts from years ago on a few other members' cars and when it came time to decide between these and the Enkei PF01's, I chose the more economic option, but I love the look they give my car.
Those do look cool! I'll have to put them on my list to consider come next spring.

I installed my winter tires and steel wheels yesterday..... I was reminded how heavy the stock alloy wheels are! Sure, aluminum is lighter than steel but I think the wheel cross-section is so much thicker on the aluminum wheels it just makes everything so heavy.

I also spent a lot of time removing plastic panels from under the car and in the wheelwells to spray Surface Shield on the steel underneath. My Fit is my winter car and the more I can do to stop rust, the better (I almost feel bad using this as a winter car because it is virtually rust-free at this time).

Old 01-02-2024, 11:55 AM
scroll to bottom for actual mods

hello, first post but lurking here for awhile.

i have 260k on the Xterra and with an uptick in my driving i went to my real car guy group text and said i want

hatchback or wagon
insane on gas
fun
MT

multiple people said Honda Fit. being a 2 Focus owner an egg car wasn’t out of the possibility but i definitely never considered one despite always liking Honda’s. after looking i was thinking damn, this car is actually pretty awesome with wacky features and i love the mini minivan look. i began my search and 2nd gen Sport MT’s showed there were ~25 in the US with 4 being in Denver. amazing! the one i got was kind of a shady listing but the guy said some old lady owned it forever and can’t drive anymore. purple ‘09 with 48K and this thing was washed every day and garage kept. front paint is chewed from us putting gravel on the roads but underneath and the engine bay look brand new.

i was away for work for 6wks and took advantage of Thanksgiving deals and accumulated parts. over the last 4 days i’ve done a part a day which are:

HPS intake: definitely louder, definitely nicer looking/way smaller and makes things like the CDV delete i did easier. i know the computer is going to change it and i didn’t do anything but i swear there’s a teeny bit more power. more importantly the throttle response and blipping up for downshifts is way better.

CDV Delete: covered heavily, do it.

progress RSB: covered heavily, do it.

Yonaka exhaust: i watched 100 videos on different options and settled on this thing. i love it, it’s arguably the nicest car part i’ve ever bought haha. sound is insanely deep for the motor, fit is perfect, really nice welds and just solid all around. also i felt like this car stock had 0 engine braking..? i’d downshift for a corner and it just got louder but almost no feeling of slowing. i immediately noticed it with the new exhaust. if i chop the throttle it hangs the revs for a sec then a big shift in sound as it actually slows down. it’s great.

these i got done first in OK:

tint: always first thing i do.

cargo cover shelf: little sound deadening, already tossed hats and sweaters up there, love it.

blizzak tires: hit a snowstorm on all 4 passes driving from OKC to Telluride CO. my only limiting factor was sight while it was snowing, i could’ve set the cruise control at the speed limit. amazing tire. i grew up in the mountains and my first 4 cars were FWD so i’m experienced but these tires are fantastic. we’ll see how they wear.

love this car. i just did a huge mountain driving loop yesterday (230mi: Ridgway - Dolores - Durango - Ridgway)
and finished with 50.2mpg… with SUPER soft snow tires. i messed around quite a few times and then i usually cruise control everywhere but floored for awhile getting up some of these passes… maybe the intake and exhaust but either way the mpg is insane.

Last edited by brolloffroad; 01-03-2024 at 12:19 PM.
Old 01-28-2024, 09:51 PM
Yesterday changed my oxygen sensor and replaced the after market cold intake for the stock air intake box. Failed emissions with the P0171 couple days ago so these are my attempts to fix that code. Today I took my Fit for a drive cycle and it was nice. 2012 Fit with 129,000 miles . Just bought it Saturday.

Old 01-29-2024, 03:51 AM
Did a lot of research

I am a new owner of an old 2009 Honda Fit that I just bought with 320000 km the safety is up the end of April
what I didn’t realize is that the horn doesn’t work and the airbag light is on -I am not auto knowledgeable and thought having the airbag light on meant it was working -

the vehicle is in very good shape and has no rust that I can see it drives wonderfully I only paid 2800 Canadian dollars problem is without a working horn it will not pass safety - Unless of course I find a very generous overworked inspection mechanic. I prefer to take it to a top line shop .(someone has cared very well for this car) After much searching and reading this forum and google I suspect I need an airbag clockspring.

I am an old lady on a pension , I think legally here in Canada I do not need a working airbag just a horn.

I can find lots of clock springs but the one I apparently need is 77900 -TK6 -A01 I have searched everywhere and can’t find that part number unless I get it from Japan and I honestly don’t even know if that is the problem -anyway What I did for my 2009 Honda fit with 320000 km today was do a lot of research I shall have to take it to a mechanic

Old 02-04-2024, 12:54 AM
Installed an android headunit and painted/colormatched the bezel and glovebox with three coats of grenada black metallic and three coats of clear.

Old 02-04-2024, 09:17 PM
Originally Posted by yycbeaker
Installed an android headunit and painted/colormatched the bezel and glovebox with three coats of grenada black metallic and three coats of clear.
That paint looks really nice. Was that a rattle can job or do you have a spray setup?

Old 03-01-2024, 12:49 AM
Originally Posted by jose_rodz348
Today after a couple weeks waiting for my lugs to arrive, I finally mounted my new Rota R Spec wheels in gunmetal color. Just in case anyone was wondering what the gunmetal color looks like on the GE, here ya go! Car is lowered on Swift Springs(of course!) and I'm running Kuhmo Ecsta 4X II tires in 205/50/16. The lugs in fact are Gorilla's and they were super cheap and they threaded on about as smooth as could be. Next up for the old boy is a respray because with shiny new wheels the lack of paint in all one color is all the more apparent. I'm going to show a before on stock Sport wheels and after with the new Rotas. Thanks to all on the forum for sharing all this valuable information over the years and even though I've almost never asked a direct question, a quick Google search almost always gives me the answers, provided over the years, that I need for my car companion over the past 4 years. Cheers folks!

Before and after, already on Swifts.
Looks great! I have a red GE as well. Your paint looks better than mines though! Do your fendors rub with the stock struts on that drop and are your fenders rolled? Lowered with 16s your car looks like it has a decent amount of clearance. I’m debating running 15s with 205/50 series tires on some coils. I’m afraid it might be to low to get around.

Old 03-01-2024, 12:55 AM
5 Year Member

Put on some 818retrofits projectors

Old 03-01-2024, 06:50 PM
5 Year Member
How long did it take for them to build those projector headlights? How was the lighting performance?

Last edited by usert_l; 03-01-2024 at 06:53 PM.
Old 03-02-2024, 03:26 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by usert_l
How long did it take for them to build those projector headlights? How was the lighting performance?
The lighting performance is amazing out of the bi-led projectors. I had to adjust the beam with the adjustment screw but that was about it. Tremendous improvement and the cut off is crisp.

It took about 3 months. I ordered during the black friday sale. I'm not local to them but they're the go to.
​​​

Quick Reply: What did you do to your GE fit today?