2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Motor

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2009, 06:24 PM
^ that.
why bother trying to get 250whp on a fwd car anyway? it never translates into anything usable. and double fail on trying to build up an auto
not saying there is anything wrong with autos (before you auto guys start flaming), just if you are going to drop tons of money on a k24 swap and all that, why do it with an auto?

Old 05-05-2009, 07:00 PM
5 Year Member
kind of agree with lots of people here, just get a second car...it would be cool to have a sleeper fit, but mooded cars don't sell to gen pop(when you are ready to sell), and you will lose money in the long run...lots of it. The fit is what it is...

Old 05-05-2009, 07:19 PM
Couldn't agree with you more dude, anything over 250HP on a FWD is dumb...I would much rather have AWD or RWD at the very least if I had that much at the wheels...

Not to say making your Fit faster isn't a fun waste of money (I'm doing it) but there is a certain point when I've done full I/H/E and weapon-r intake manifold etc that I am going to call it quits because I'm not going FI and I've been in fully tricked NA Fit's that have PLENTY of power--hopefully when I'm at that point I won't still think about the sweet whine of consistent power that a high boost KWSC supercharger would give me.

Old 05-05-2009, 09:18 PM
5 Year Member
mid engine awd!

Old 05-05-2009, 10:24 PM
Well, You could slap an engine, drivetrain, and rear axle from a wreaked S2000 in the Fit, lol. You will have to move the gas tank to the rear/ hatch and do a little cutting and welding, but it could be done with enough money. I think it is fun to create Frankenstein cars if you have the time and money (A LOT OF MONEY), but the Fit would definitely do well with a simple engine build and boost. I had a Ford Focus back in the day that I wanted to do a V8 swap into, but I ended up just buying a Cobra, much cheaper.

Old 05-06-2009, 02:28 AM
5 Year Member
i say **** em all.... put it in And find a way to get that auto trans in.... if you could, that would be sick as hell and would have to do the same

Old 05-06-2009, 08:32 AM
lilaznphatboy--if you are indeed really loaded and want to be baller then you'll do a mid engine rwd conversion like the badass modders of the 90's did with CRX's. there are also some mid engine awd crx's with godlike times.

Old 05-06-2009, 09:12 AM
Originally Posted by TekXoID
lilaznphatboy--if you are indeed really loaded and want to be baller then you'll do a mid engine rwd conversion like the badass modders of the 90's did with CRX's. there are also some mid engine awd crx's with godlike times.
Another Columbus fit....wow. Your the second one I've found on here this week.
What area of Columbus are you? I'm on the east side Gahanna/Blacklick area.

Sorry to thread jack there....

Old 05-06-2009, 11:36 AM
5 Year Member
FYI im mainly paying attention to what people are saying about my options. I just want to know if it can be done or not? n if not what are my choices? people's comments about me wasting my money on other stuff ie build up on the stock motor or getting wheels or body kit or save up, will be ignored. BTW WHO SAVES UP ANYMORE??? so again....

is a k24z3 in a GE8 possible...if not what are my choices? it seems like it is a possiblility...has anyone done it or have pics/vid of a GE8 swap?

Old 05-06-2009, 12:09 PM
Originally Posted by Committobefit08
Another Columbus fit....wow. Your the second one I've found on here this week.
What area of Columbus are you? I'm on the east side Gahanna/Blacklick area.

Sorry to thread jack there....
Dublin, but I go to OSU that's why I'm in C-BUS--scholarship.

azndude listen man you wanna do this right find a badass custom shop to convert your Fit to a mid or rear engine.

If you aren't that loaded then just go with the K20 instead of the K24. Here are a couple reasons:
K20 has been done before in GD3, who knows with K24? I honestly think it's just too big, that kind of displacement might squeeze in the GD3 but the GE8? no way.
Why do you want a K24 when you can get a K20 for less--like around $5000 for one with less than 10k?

K24Z3:
Displacement: 2,354 cc (143.6 cu in)
Bore and Stroke: 87 mm x 99 mm (3.43 x 3.90 inches)
Compression: 10.5:1
Power: 190 @ 7000 rpm
Torque: 162 ft·lbf @ 4400 rpm
Redline: 7100 rpm

K20Z3:
Displacement : 1,998 cc (121.9 cu in)
Compression : 11.0:1
Power: 197 bhp (147 kW) @ 7800 rpm (sae NET Rev 8/04)
Torque: 139 ft·lbf (189 N·m) @ 6200 rpm (sae NET Rev 8/04)
Redline: 8000 rpm
i-VTEC Engagement Window:5600 rpm

Old 05-06-2009, 01:42 PM
this thread confuses me.

Old 05-06-2009, 02:05 PM
Nothing to be confused about--lilaznphatboy wants to sup up his Fit--totally righteous, but since you haven't answered your own question you started this thread with, I am guessing that you don't know a lot about engine swaps. So for the inexperienced your first step is to find a badass custom tuner shop, they are everywhere you just have to look or better--find someone who knows about it and take their references.

In Columbus for example Auto Additions does everything from tempered canopy glass roofs to mid-engine conversions for tuner cars, IBS also does custom work--they machined custom wheels for the only Audi R8 in Columbus.

In Miami where I used to live there are tuner-specific shops EVERYWHERE some with really fantastic prices especially considering all the custom work involved. PAI Motorsports is fantastic--one of my friends who worked there (Yoseph) started his own tuner specialized shop--there are tons of these in the Miami-Ft.L area.

So find a badass shop and let them know you are serious and just let them help you find the engine you want to swap, if they can't guide you in your decision then you aren't at the right place.

EXPERIENCE IS EVERYTHING, so make sure you find a more-than-capable shop.

Old 05-06-2009, 03:34 PM
Originally Posted by Committobefit08
Acura is Honda???? How is Acura's TSX motor not reliable?

I think any honda/acura motor still built in Japan is reliable.
thats what i meant he should stick with acura or honda. i know honda makes acura i was just saying stick with the honda brand. if he got an acura motor it technically would be a honda motor also.

Old 05-06-2009, 03:38 PM
i'm confused because the OP is not balling out of control. Unless it was a swap already done and there are mass produced mounts (K20 dropped into civics, etc.), the cost involved don't add up. It would be a lot cheaper to buy a 03'+ Civic and drop a K20 into it. Sure, someone eventually will do it, but the people who eventually do it is usually a shop who has a financial stake in making it work (able to sell the mass produced mounts or wiring harnesses, etc) or is a company building a race car for racing purposes (which they still wouldn't use a K24).
Anyway... Just my opinion, but I forsee debt in someone's future...

Old 05-06-2009, 04:28 PM
5 Year Member
It is obvious the OP is full of stupid.

BTW WHO SAVES UP ANYMORE??? so again....
seriously, WTF! You are destined for a life of debt and suckage.

Old 05-06-2009, 04:55 PM
Originally Posted by BakedCookies
It is obvious the OP is full of stupid.

seriously, WTF! You are destined for a life of debt and suckage.
Couldn't agree more. I am 21, completely debt free, go to college on scholarship and grant money, and I bought my Fit outright.

If that's not a testament to saving up and working since I was 12 then I don't know what is. No one ever helped me, and definitely not my parents. It's not just about saving either--I'm bunked up with friends for my cell phone so me and my 2 best friends entire bill for unlimited sprint is $190-22%-$15 monthly loyalty service credit, then divided 3 ways...that's just an example: it's all about offsetting the bills you know you have to pay so they are as minimal as possible. Guess who pays 1/3rd of my monthly insurance? My neighbor, we carpool.

Old 05-06-2009, 05:22 PM
If you are serious about not saving up money and spending it all on a car then I have to doubt your intelligence. I'm all for modding cars and having fun, but that's just downright stupid to spend all your money on a car. I'm guessing you either:
A) live at home with mommy and daddy who have money or B) Don't own a home, or a home worth living in if this is your outlook on saving money.

Old 05-06-2009, 05:28 PM
Originally Posted by lilaznphatboy
FYI im mainly paying attention to what people are saying about my options. I just want to know if it can be done or not? n if not what are my choices? people's comments about me wasting my money on other stuff ie build up on the stock motor or getting wheels or body kit or save up, will be ignored. BTW WHO SAVES UP ANYMORE??? so again....

is a k24z3 in a GE8 possible...if not what are my choices? it seems like it is a possiblility...has anyone done it or have pics/vid of a GE8 swap?

Here is why it is a waste of time for anyone to even respond to you. One is if you really are going to do a custom swap you don't come to a forum asking generic questions. You obviously haven't the first clue of what to do. Is it possible? Get off your ass and go take some measurements. Take a look at part locations and see if it is possible. You're not going to do this swap. People who come to a forum and ask stupid questions never do. Shit you could put an LS motor in the car if you want to completely destroy the car. ANY SWAP IS POSSIBLE WITH KNOWLEDGE AND MONEY. Two you probably aren't as balling as you think you are. If you really were you wouldn't waste your time daydreaming. The car would already be at a shop having the swap done or you would already have a game plan if you could do it yourself. The comment of who saves anymore shows you are young and stupid.

Old 05-06-2009, 05:37 PM
5 Year Member
garagefk.com in japan has the k20a swaped into their ge8, a k20 built n/a or fi would give you plenty of power to have fun with, good luck with whatever you do

Old 05-06-2009, 05:50 PM
Originally Posted by Smallville
Two you probably aren't as balling as you think you are. If you really were you wouldn't waste your time with a Fit
Fixed.
Not hating on the Fit, I love my Fit. But a 250whp Fit is pointless and kinda defeats the purpose of buying a Fit in the first place.

Quick Reply: New Motor