2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Got Me Elemmat and All Season Mats

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2009, 08:49 PM
Got Me Elemmat and All Season Mats

So I got my Fit last weekend and immediately ordered an Elemmat, OEM All Season Floor Mats, and the Center Arm rest. Everything arrived today (College Hills Honda rocks!) I am satisfied with the purchases. For anyone curious the Elemmat seems to fit about about 96% correctly. I might actually end up trimming it a bit as it alllllllmost fits perfectly side to side in the back hatch. The material is sturdy and now I won't have to be paranoid about putting anything in the cargo area. As expected the OEM floor mats are 100% perfect, I expected four square shaped mats and actually had to look at the directions to figured out which ones went where when I opened the package and found 4 very oddly shaped things. I have to make the appt to get the armrest installed, I don't feel like attempting that on my own. I am also currently waiting on some blue LEDs for the interior from Atticus and I'll have a pretty good start going. I want to get a quote from my local audio/tint/custom shop on getting some sound deadening put in the doors and hatch and getting tint as well. Here are some pics of the Elemmat installed, sorry if someone has posted something similar before but I haven't seen them yet....

Also there is a picture of my rides together...[IMG] [/IMG]

Old 05-16-2009, 09:16 AM
5 Year Member
The armrest install is easy, I say go for it. College Hills has the directions for download in PDF format.

Old 05-16-2009, 11:24 AM
I did watch the video and it looks simple enough; unfourtunately I don't have the necessary tools.

Old 05-16-2009, 02:57 PM
5 Year Member
Thanks for sharing the Elemmat pics, lookin good! I may have to pick up some of this stuff before my next camping trip.

2009 Honda Fit Full Area Back Mat (NEW!)

Old 05-16-2009, 03:15 PM
FitFreak GE8 DIY Guy
5 Year Member
looks very nice and long lasting +rep

Old 05-16-2009, 05:08 PM
5 Year Member
I had Elemmats (front AND rear) for my Element (which I traded in on my Fit), and I really loved the quality. I'm curious about the Fit Elemmat, though. It's in two pieces, right: one for the cargo floor and the other for the seat backs when you fold them down? What do you do with the seat back portion when you don't have the seats folded down? Does it take up a lot of extra room in the cargo area? It seems like it would always be in the way. And it works only with both seats down, so what do you do if you fold down only one half?

Old 05-16-2009, 05:20 PM
Originally Posted by Ando
I had Elemmats (front AND rear) for my Element (which I traded in on my Fit), and I really loved the quality. I'm curious about the Fit Elemmat, though. It's in two pieces, right: one for the cargo floor and the other for the seat backs when you fold them down? What do you do with the seat back portion when you don't have the seats folded down? Does it take up a lot of extra room in the cargo area? It seems like it would always be in the way. And it works only with both seats down, so what do you do if you fold down only one half?
Funny that you say you had one for your Element, because I actually found a 10% off coupon on an Element forum when I ordered these; it was a couple years old but it still saved me 12 bucks! Those are good questions, if you only fold down half of the seats then I guess you would be out of luck, unless you just would put half of the mat flat and the other half would just go up the side of the seat that was still upright. As far as storage when the seats are up they normally include velcro straps so you can roll up the unused portion and keep it in your car I assume (they were out of velcro straps but they had a note in the package that said they would send them as soon as they got them), but right now the other half it is sitting in my garage. It would take up a good amount of room if you carried it around with you. I actually had the idea that I might be able to slide it under the magic seats but when I looked it had a lot less room underneath than I thought. You would just have to plan ahead and take it with you when you think you would need it. I can take some pictures with the other half rolled up to show you how much room it takes up if you want.

Old 05-16-2009, 05:48 PM
Alright you made me curious myself and just took the pics. There is actually is enough room to tuck the other half under the seats, but I was hoping to be able to put it behind the legs so it couldn't roll around, I think it would be a tight fit trying to do that. But if you had it rolled with the velcro straps you might be able to secure it to the legs of the seat somehow so it couldn't roll forward. I dunno, I'll let you know how I actually end up using it. Here's some pics of how much room it takes up if placed in the hatch area with the seats up too.

Old 05-16-2009, 05:58 PM
Originally Posted by reako
Thanks for sharing the Elemmat pics, lookin good! I may have to pick up some of this stuff before my next camping trip.

2009 Honda Fit Full Area Back Mat (NEW!)
I'm moving to VA in a month and will be towing the Fit. It will basically act like a cargo trailer for the trip so this mat will stop my things from destroying the interior for the 40 hour drive.

Old 05-16-2009, 10:15 PM
5 Year Member
Yikes--that thing is huge rolled up! I'd like to buy just the piece for the cargo floor and not have the seat-back piece at all. It takes up way too much room anywhere in the car, and if you leave it at home, you'd never have it when you need it. There's got to be another option. Anyone got a better idea?

Old 05-17-2009, 03:16 PM
Originally Posted by Ando
Yikes--that thing is huge rolled up! I'd like to buy just the piece for the cargo floor and not have the seat-back piece at all. It takes up way too much room anywhere in the car, and if you leave it at home, you'd never have it when you need it. There's got to be another option. Anyone got a better idea?
You know I think I read somewhere that somebody mounted the second piece on the back of the seats so the it was always in place and as soon as you put the seats down it was there, I can't remember where I read that though, or if they had pics...

Old 05-17-2009, 03:44 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by schmidty86
You know I think I read somewhere that somebody mounted the second piece on the back of the seats so the it was always in place and as soon as you put the seats down it was there, I can't remember where I read that though, or if they had pics...
You could do something like this..

If you really need to keep the ability to fold the seats independently with your mat, you could go with the JDM Honda Cargo Mat: http://babelfish.yahoo.com/translate...rUrl=Translate:

Here's a Flickr set with installation pics: '09 Fit - Cargo Mat Installation - a set on Flickr

You can find more info in this thread: https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/2nd-...ts-down-4.html

Last edited by reako; 05-17-2009 at 03:48 PM.