2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.

Carpet Issues???

Old 05-31-2010, 10:03 PM
mskimspear

I actually wear a 5.5 shoe so big feet is not the issue here. The carpet feels flat and it is about like compressed dryer lint as I have no other way to describe it.

I am hoping for the best tomorrow when I call. I'm really disappointed in my fit.

Old 06-01-2010, 01:04 PM
I noticed mine is fraying right by the plastic dead pedal..

Irritating.

Old 06-01-2010, 03:13 PM
mskimspear

I really think mine is exactly where Chris's is. About a ft from the gas pedal on the hump but up high... not on the floorboard.

There is obviously an issue but we'll never know if others do not post their stories as well. I just called dealer... voice mail. So now I wait and see.

Old 06-01-2010, 04:04 PM
mskimspear

Good news. My dealer is going to make it right. I told him on the spot AFTER he told me that it was the right decision.

I know a BMW mini costs more but I would have bought something other than HONDA in the future if they had not made it right.

I told him I had always bought honda and I will continue to do so & from them.

He said it was more 'good will' than warrenty but they were going to order the carpet and take care of it for me.

Very pleased with my dealer. They know something caused it but they dont know what. I still tend to think the glue had not cured on the carpet. I have a background as an artist and it looks very much like some sort of glue issue to me as the carpet is bald and bare like that was the issue. I cannot imagine carpet that had cured properly doing this.

I'm so very pleased and happy with honda now.

I've had no issues with paint and from reading many have had that out here 26 pages worth. I feel blessed that my issue is being taken care of.

Thank goodness I have an honest and fair dealer that I bought from.

Old 06-01-2010, 10:01 PM
5 Year Member
Good for you!

Dan

Old 06-01-2010, 10:29 PM
5 Year Member
I too have noticed a hole wearing in the carpet on the same spot on the hump that you guys describe. I was baffled at first, not understanding how it got there, because it's nowhere near my foot as I'm driving.

Then I paid attention as I was getting out one day, and I noticed that I push against that spot with the heel of my right foot as I turn to get out of the door.

Watch yourself and see if you're not doing the same thing.

Old 06-01-2010, 10:37 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by mskimspear

He said it was more 'good will' than warrenty but they were going to order the carpet and take care of it for me.
It's both: when you honor the warranty you create good will. Honda knows you can buy a car anywhere and they want you to be happy...and you are.

Cheers.

Old 06-02-2010, 12:57 PM
I just noticed mine is wearing on that hump as well as next to the dead pedal.

I am super anal, and this is going to drive me nuts..lol

I doubt i will be as lucky as you, and my dealer replace it, especially since i didn't buy the car from them.

This really doesn't inspire much confidence. What is my interior going to look like in 5 years? How are the seats going to hold up?

I bought this car with the assumption that i would have a decent resale value, but if the car falls apart, it wont be worth anything.

Old 06-02-2010, 02:08 PM
5 Year Member
Out of all the cars I've ever owned (Subaru DL, 280Z, GLC, Corolla, CRX, Sentra, Altima) the carpeting in my 1st generation Fit comes off as the cheapest looking carpeting I've ever seen in practically any car. How the blank did Honda ever choose this bs especially when they decided to equip the Fit with many toys that weren't found back in the days of my Subaru DL?

Old 06-03-2010, 06:13 PM
mskimspear

I am going to watch myself to make sure I don't 'push off' of that spot in the future but I still have not seen myself use that spot.

I still think it's a glue issue and some basic and normal traction has caused it to rub away. I am going to really baby the new carpet and when we buy another honda we will buy from this dealer.

I will say that I want a BMW mini as well. It may be that the honda fit becomes a commuter car and a mini cooper becomes my baby. I have enjoyed being able to use the fit and pack it for trips. I will say the floorboard carpet is SO different that the carpet on seats and trunk. It's really weird. They need to fix this issue as it IS going to run people off who would have otherwise bought the fit for traveling in small #'s.

Old 09-11-2010, 11:34 PM
Carpet Problem

I have noticed the same problem with the carpet that others in this forum have mentioned. The carpet was wearing away just under the center console on the driver side. My foot doesn't reach the spot that is wearing away and nothing rests against it. I took it to the dealership today and they are replacing it for free. It's nice to have warranty.

Old 09-12-2010, 09:48 PM
I have a 2010 Fit Sport with only 5K. I've had it since Feb. and my carpet is wore through to the right of the gas pedal. At first glance I thought it was dirt but there is a hole in the carpet already. Cheap!

Old 09-24-2010, 10:23 AM
carpet replaced

I have a 2010 Fit with 6000 miles. The carpet was wore through next to the gas pedal. I showed it to the dealer and Honda agreed to replace my carpet!

Old 09-24-2010, 11:51 AM
Maybe this is why the 2011 models come standard with floor mats.

Old 09-24-2010, 11:58 AM
My fit has the floor mats and it did not help. It wore above where the mats are, so it's not going to help. Very cheap carpet.

Old 09-24-2010, 09:31 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Blackout
its a FIT not an Accord, note the price the Fit is that cheap for a reason
I have to disagree with you here. The Fit goes for anywhere between $16,000 and $17,000 on up to over $20K. Granted we're talking MSRP but nonetheless.....since when is that little money or "cheap"?

That's like saying you went to McDonalds and spent $7 on lunch but not getting what you wanted. Would you accept a reply of, "But it was a cheap lunch. What do you expect for $7?

I don't mean to sound argumentative but it irks me when people say the Fit is a cheap car and expect people to accept that as a reply to any issues they may be having.

Last edited by hogwylde; 09-24-2010 at 09:46 PM.
Old 09-24-2010, 10:16 PM
Less than $16-20k is a cheap car. It's an extremely cheap house, an unfathomably cheap airliner. Conversely, it's an expensive motorcycle, a horrendous speeding ticket, and possibly the most talented whore that has ever lived.

On what grounds is it NOT a cheap car, with $28,160 being the current average new car purchase price. (Average New-Car Purchase Price Rises in 2010 Road Reality)

Old 09-24-2010, 11:29 PM
Anyways the carpet is cheap. I didn't say the car was cheap. Honda must understand this because they are replacing it at no cost and no argument. Not the car the carpet.

Old 09-25-2010, 08:48 AM
carpet replaced

The Fit is not a Lexus for sure but I think the carpet would last at least six months, but that's just me.

Old 09-25-2010, 10:29 AM
Originally Posted by Occam
Less than $16-20k is a cheap car. It's an extremely cheap house, an unfathomably cheap airliner. Conversely, it's an expensive motorcycle, a horrendous speeding ticket, and possibly the most talented whore that has ever lived.

On what grounds is it NOT a cheap car, with $28,160 being the current average new car purchase price. (Average New-Car Purchase Price Rises in 2010 Road Reality)
Let's not confuse 'cheap' with 'inexpensive'. The cost cutting Honda has imposed on the Fit has provided us with a cheap carpet to keep the car as inexpensive as they could.

On the whole it is a very well made quality car - top of it's class in many reviews.

I like you're comparisons Occam - and you might be dead on in using 'cheap' to describe them. We [NY] had a Governor who was caught in the company of the one with the most talent. That one cost him his job and almost his marriage I would guess.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Carpet Issues???