2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Carpet Issues???

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2010, 12:40 PM
Smile cheap carpet

I agree, it still is a very nice car, I love it. Now they might want to think about a minor upgrade on that carpet so that they won't have to replace it for free anymore? It's a nice inexpensive car and you can't go wrong with Honda!

Old 09-25-2010, 12:55 PM
5 Year Member

Name:  SSL12384.jpg
Views: 451
Size:  171.7 KB

size 13 ftl!

Old 09-25-2010, 03:19 PM
carpet replaced

Just like the picture shows. Thanks.

Old 09-25-2010, 08:07 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Occam
Less than $16-20k is a cheap car. It's an extremely cheap house, an unfathomably cheap airliner. Conversely, it's an expensive motorcycle, a horrendous speeding ticket, and possibly the most talented whore that has ever lived.

On what grounds is it NOT a cheap car, with $28,160 being the current average new car purchase price. (Average New-Car Purchase Price Rises in 2010 Road Reality)
Alright. I'll bring my trade of business into this and I've been doing this for 22 years. I'm a technician for Comcast. Yup, I am the cable guy that goes to your house and fixes issues with your TV, Internet and phone and we currently have a bundle offer for all three products at $99/mo which you have to admit is cheap! Lord knows we are all paying more than that per month for our Fits (unless you paid cash)!

So why on earth would you call us if you're having an issue with any of your services? I mean, after all, look at everything you're getting! You could take a date to the movies and easily drop $60 for the night and you're only getting a SINGLE movie! So why would you call us if you're having an intermittent issue with your internet when you're getting so much more than just internet service??

Sounds like a ridiculous analogy but think about it. It's the same thing! Would you accept an answer like that if you called your cable company regarding an issue with your service? Of course not!

Old 06-07-2011, 06:05 PM
Fit Carpeting

Hello,

I just bought a 2010 Honda Fit at the end of 2010. Just after going 5,000 miles, I noticed a hole in the carpeting--not where I put my feet, but a bit higher on the hump. I have rubber mats but they don't cover this area. I have no idea how this hole got there. I don't wear high heels and even if I did, this carpeting is totally inadequate.

This is the first new car I've bought since the late 80s. I'm so disappointed. I contacted Honda and they said it would cost $760 to replace the carpeting which they would do, but I'd have to pay $118. I don't know if the carpeting would be better or not. I said I wouldn't pay anything for this, and I'd look into how a recall could be done for their shoddy carpeting.

If anyone has any ideas about how to do this, I'd love to hear it. I just can't see letting big industries provide such low quality for a big price. It was difficult for me to come to terms with the cost of a new car--even this modest one.

Thanks,

Jewelweed

Old 06-07-2011, 07:31 PM
5 Year Member
I had mine replaced under warranty- your dealer should do this, too.

see this thread

https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/2nd-...r-already.html

Old 06-07-2011, 07:48 PM
I had my carpet replaced on my 2010 Fit as well at no cost to me. However, after just a few months the flaw is back! The dealer would not replace it again for free. What I ended up doing is buying new mats from H&A Accessories.com They are made by Weather Tech and they are worth looking into. For me it fixed the problem.

Old 06-07-2011, 07:55 PM
5 Year Member
I got the Weathertech digital mats from H & A as well & am making an effort to put my feet in a different spot when I exit the car. The carpet is still cheap junk.

Old 06-07-2011, 08:06 PM
It is cheap carpet. I thought for sure they would up-grade it the second time around but they didn't! The service manager at Honda said my foot was to wide, that was why it wore out! I guess I should look next time at Toyota?

Old 06-08-2011, 02:16 PM
Originally Posted by griddog1
It is cheap carpet. I thought for sure they would up-grade it the second time around but they didn't! The service manager at Honda said my foot was to wide, that was why it wore out! I guess I should look next time at Toyota?
I call BS. What do they consider wide feet? I do not, by any definition, have large feet and the carpet underneath and to the right of my pedals is fraying already. I've only had the car 9 months. On occasion, I wear heels but mostly I'm in DC's or flip-flops. So perhaps they should designate a maximum shoe size before selling the car.

Old 06-08-2011, 02:39 PM
It's just cheap carpet, I have 12,000 miles on my Fit, I'm the only one, for the most part, that rides in that car. After being replaced once already by the dealer, it is wore in that same spot again. They won't replace it again for free. I wear New Balance walking shoes X-wide when I drive the car, so you might want to check that out before you buy the Fit!! Ask the dealer what shoes they recommend when you drive the Fit??

Last edited by griddog1; 06-09-2011 at 11:02 AM.
Old 06-14-2011, 08:20 PM
Originally Posted by hogwylde
I have to disagree with you here. The Fit goes for anywhere between $16,000 and $17,000 on up to over $20K. Granted we're talking MSRP but nonetheless.....since when is that little money or "cheap"?

That's like saying you went to McDonalds and spent $7 on lunch but not getting what you wanted. Would you accept a reply of, "But it was a cheap lunch. What do you expect for $7?

I don't mean to sound argumentative but it irks me when people say the Fit is a cheap car and expect people to accept that as a reply to any issues they may be having.
I totally agree hogwylde! I am so SICK of hearing people say this!

Old 06-14-2011, 09:19 PM
The carpet is cheap not the car. Actually if you look real close I don't think it is carpet at all. But otherwise, for those who have thin skin, it's a great car.

Old 06-15-2011, 10:19 AM
5 Year Member
Let's say the carpet on the Fit is very poor quality. $16- $20k is not inexpensive to me. I have had many cars over the years and paid less money for them--never had a hole worn in the carpet. I keep most of my cars for 10 - 15 years and they are already used to begin with. This is one area where Honda scrimped to keep costs down--I hope they will use a better quality carpet in future versions of the Fit.

Old 06-13-2012, 08:14 PM
Honda should be ashamed of itself for the cheap floor covering in the Fit. The front passenger Honda floor mat shifts around so that the carpet is shreaded in the area at the front of the seat. It's a 2009 with only 18,000 miles on it.

Old 06-14-2012, 02:11 AM
I know right =/

The nap/strands on the standard floor mat is already starting to compress on my Fit and it only has 1,436 miles. The damage is around the area where the heel of my foot is when I break/accelerate. It started showing damage signs around 600 miles.

Not inexpensive, and definitely cheap.

Old 06-14-2012, 08:34 AM
I paid over $19,000 for the car and I expect REAL CARPET, not something made from recycled water bottles and newspaper.

Old 06-22-2012, 03:27 PM
Originally Posted by griddog1
The carpet is cheap not the car. Actually if you look real close I don't think it is carpet at all. But otherwise, for those who have thin skin, it's a great car.
Yeah, the carpets in the Fit are crap that is barely deserving of the term "carpet"--more like fuzz that was glued down. Really poor stuff.

That said, I realized as much when I bought it and installed the WeatherTech mats front and rear, and consequently haven't had much wear at all. I highly recommend them as a precaution.

Old 06-22-2012, 03:34 PM
I have honestly not even looked at my carpet (besides to vaccuum under my mats) but that is quite strange...

Old 06-22-2012, 03:41 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Lazarus
Yeah, the carpets in the Fit are crap that is barely deserving of the term "carpet"--more like fuzz that was glued down. Really poor stuff.

That said, I realized as much when I bought it and installed the WeatherTech mats front and rear, and consequently haven't had much wear at all. I highly recommend them as a precaution.
Agree, with these in place the carpet becomes a non-issue.

Quick Reply: Carpet Issues???