2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Carpet Issues???

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2012, 12:32 PM
5 Year Member
I'm in the waiting room at the Honda dealer while I write this. I have the same wear hole on the centre hump to the right of the gas pedal too. However I drive with my foot laying sideways and leaning against the hump. It wore through pretty quickly and at 1 year and 30k miles its about 5inches wide down to the styrofoam. I mentioned this to the dealer service manager while at a soccer game.(out sons are on the same travel team.) I was just curious if it was common, because I knew my foot rubs there.(prolly due to the aforementioned shift to right to accomodate side airbags and crumple room.) He seemed to know about it and told me to bring it in for warranty. I said it's just gonna wear through in another 10k~. He said "At least this one's on Honda."

Old 07-26-2012, 12:35 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by unfit2compete
I'm in the waiting room at the Honda dealer while I write this. I have the same wear hole on the centre hump to the right of the gas pedal too. However I drive with my foot laying sideways and leaning against the hump. It wore through pretty quickly and at 1 year and 30k miles its about 5inches wide down to the styrofoam. I mentioned this to the dealer service manager while at a soccer game.(out sons are on the same travel team.) I was just curious if it was common, because I knew my foot rubs there.(prolly due to the aforementioned shift to right to accomodate side airbags and crumple room.) He seemed to know about it and told me to bring it in for warranty. I said it's just gonna wear through in another 10k~. He said "At least this one's on Honda."
btw, shooosh! It's never been said out loud what I do with this car on weekends.

Old 07-26-2012, 12:37 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by unfit2compete
btw, shooosh! It's never been said out loud what I do with this car on weekends.
The real P.I.T.A. is that I had to peel off the scca stickers, remove the racing harness, and reinstall the muffler.

Old 07-26-2012, 03:22 PM
My son's 2009 Fit had the same wear-thru to the right of the gas pedal. I had an extra black flexible plastic stair mat laying around, you know, the kind of thing you tack to a stair to keep from scuffing or slipping on the stair? Don't remember where I got it, probably Home Depot.

Anyway, I cut a roughly 3" x 5" piece, slightly rounded off the corners, and on the smooth side attached strips of the hook side of some 3/4" hook/loop tape, aka Velcro, along the edge of the patch. I just slapped it over the hole as it hooks itself to the remaining surrounding "carpet." I did the same as a preventative measure on my own 2012 Fit.

It looks like it belongs there and if I wear through that, I'll just cut another piece. Cost: less than $2 or $3 for the tape; the stair mat probably about the same.

Old 07-26-2012, 04:20 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by JoeB
My son's 2009 Fit had the same wear-thru to the right of the gas pedal. I had an extra black flexible plastic stair mat laying around, you know, the kind of thing you tack to a stair to keep from scuffing or slipping on the stair? Don't remember where I got it, probably Home Depot.

Anyway, I cut a roughly 3" x 5" piece, slightly rounded off the corners, and on the smooth side attached strips of the hook side of some 3/4" hook/loop tape, aka Velcro, along the edge of the patch. I just slapped it over the hole as it hooks itself to the remaining surrounding "carpet." I did the same as a preventative measure on my own 2012 Fit.

It looks like it belongs there and if I wear through that, I'll just cut another piece. Cost: less than $2 or $3 for the tape; the stair mat probably about the same.

Great & clever solution-- can you post a photo?

Old 07-27-2012, 09:54 AM
Originally Posted by sooznd
Great & clever solution-- can you post a photo?
Thanks! Here are a few pics (I hope!):

An example of the stair covers I'm talking about:

The pad in place:

Velcro on the back:

The pad surface:

Hope these help!

Old 08-16-2012, 09:55 AM
Originally Posted by crish
Hi guys there is no doubt that carpet is essential need of every house. When your carpets are clean and your cushions are straight, the house looks great. As one of the biggest investments in your home, one of the key factors in maintaining a fresh, healthy indoor environment and a key factor in creating a home that is welcoming to visitors.and carpets also need its cleaning and damage from water damages and others in this purpose we give excellent services to our customers.PHJ Services give a 24 hour Water Damage Emergency Service.
WTF??? Where did this come from??

Old 08-16-2012, 12:06 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by JoeB
WTF??? Where did this come from??
Was thinking the same thing--sounds like spam to me

Old 08-16-2012, 01:41 PM
Accmats.com

Hey,

Perhaps more folks would contact accmats.com they will relent
and make replacement carpet for our Fits.

ACC: your authority for custom automotive carpet, floor mats, and more

Jerry

Old 09-06-2018, 11:14 PM
I have the same problem with my 2012 GE8, but noone seems to make a replacement carpet. Yes I have the 3D mats that cover a lot but were it does not cover the carpet is just comming apart.