2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

sooo....

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2009, 12:56 PM
5 Year Member
sooo....

i took the gd3 in for an oil change today, and there was a lovely 09 mr sport a/t on the showroom floor.

man. the seating postion in the ge8 is 250% better than in the gd3.

the ge8 is awesome.

Old 07-15-2009, 01:27 PM
yay... one step closer to no more "GD owners dislike GE" threads...

which # oil change r u on?

Old 07-15-2009, 02:13 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by dela
yay... one step closer to no more "GD owners dislike GE" threads...

which # oil change r u on?
this is either my 6th or 7th oil change. i'm one of those weirdo's who actually goes by the maintenance minder . i will admit i ran her down a lot further than i usually do though. wont be doing that again.

i never really disliked the ge. if there was ever a 'pro ge gd owners' army, i would have been the first memeber.

i really like it alot. its just that i'm in no position to trade up. and by the time its beneficial to do so, i may end up getting something faster/more stable than the fit.

(though my 21 dollar service today reminds me of one of the many reasons why i love hondas so much.)

Old 07-15-2009, 02:54 PM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by eldaino
i took the gd3 in for an oil change today, and there was a lovely 09 mr sport a/t on the showroom floor.

the ge8 is awesome.
really? i thought my GE8 felt like i was standing while driving... not as bad as corolla's but it's a high seating position.

i prefer my GD's seating position, but I like my GE's seats better.

Old 07-15-2009, 04:12 PM
Originally Posted by kenchan
really? i thought my GE8 felt like i was standing while driving... not as bad as corolla's but it's a high seating position.

my previous car was an mr2... so both seating positions (GD/GE) seem more like sitting in a dining chair... i cant really tell the difference between the two

i loved feeling like i was sitting on the road.. but... the fit isnt a sports car.. so i dont care

Old 07-15-2009, 06:46 PM
5 Year Member
reeepppeddd

Old 07-16-2009, 09:04 AM
5 Year Member

huh..interesting. no i prefer the seats AND the driving position. i'm not that tall (5'8) and sometimes even i feel like i have to be too close to the entire dash portion of my gd3 to get comfy. the seating position in the gd3 makes my car feel like a go-kart...but it has that classic honda low dash which makes it even worse. the new fit doesnt exactly feel like its super high or anything, and its civic-esque dash helps this illusion, but i felt like i was in a real, more substantial car when i sat in it.

i would honestly love one. but those tires/wheels (tires at the very least) would be the first things to go.

Last edited by eldaino; 07-16-2009 at 09:06 AM.
Old 07-16-2009, 12:31 PM
5 Year Member
Yeah I agree, I'm only 5'7, and the seats feel really high to me. Because of the height, and the position I put the steering wheel, I can't see the top of the speedometer... so I had to lower the steering wheel little bit.

Originally Posted by dela
i loved feeling like i was sitting on the road..
Yeah, I miss the seating position of my old Integra... The seat was real low, I had the steering wheel height right where I wanted it, and I had no problems seeing the speedometer.

Old 07-16-2009, 01:22 PM
5 Year Member
that's funny cause i thought my stock wheels looked great on the car. we like the same car for very different reasons.

huh..interesting. no i prefer the seats AND the driving position. i'm not that tall (5'8) and sometimes even i feel like i have to be too close to the entire dash portion of my gd3 to get comfy. the seating position in the gd3 makes my car feel like a go-kart...but it has that classic honda low dash which makes it even worse. the new fit doesnt exactly feel like its super high or anything, and its civic-esque dash helps this illusion, but i felt like i was in a real, more substantial car when i sat in it.

i would honestly love one. but those tires/wheels (tires at the very least) would be the first things to go.

Old 07-20-2009, 11:46 PM

the ge8 is awesome.
hey bro, defiantly found out how awsome that GE8 is today. Had a blast riding with you today. Hope we can get a meet going sometime soon.

Old 07-21-2009, 01:49 AM
Touched by his noodly appendage
Weird. I love everything about my GE but HATE the seating position. The seats are great but they sit too high. The GD sits more IN the car than ON the car like the GE.

Old 07-21-2009, 10:41 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Egon84
hey bro, defiantly found out how awsome that GE8 is today. Had a blast riding with you today. Hope we can get a meet going sometime soon.
dave! heck yea man! thanks for the test drive, hopefully the financial situation will work itself out and i can be rocking one sooner rather than later.

Old 07-21-2009, 10:42 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by qbmurderer13
Weird. I love everything about my GE but HATE the seating position. The seats are great but they sit too high. The GD sits more IN the car than ON the car like the GE.
lol so weird! edmunds made a note of this as well...though they applied it to the gd not the ge.

Old 07-21-2009, 10:57 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by qbmurderer13

yep, i felt the same too. im not tooo fond of the AT in it but oh well. wife cant drive MT so...

Old 07-21-2009, 11:06 AM
5 Year Member
yep, i felt the same too. im not tooo fond of the AT in it but oh well. wife cant drive MT so...
the a/t in the ge8 is worlds better/smoother than in the gd ( i know you have no point of reference ken since your gd is manual). no herky jerky hanging-onto-first-for-too-long feeling that is indicative of the a/t on the gd.