2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cheap Ebay Armrest - Is it any good?

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2009, 09:51 PM
5 Year Member
what is wrong with the existing armrest?

Old 07-27-2009, 09:56 PM
Originally Posted by TheRealBenzo
what is wrong with the existing armrest?
Please read the whole thread.
its actually a full arm center console with storage and actually slides up.

thus....

Old 07-27-2009, 09:56 PM
it's uncomfortable, not adjustable, and doesn't have storage space

edit:beat me to the answer

Old 07-27-2009, 10:00 PM
Originally Posted by phillip
it's uncomfortable, not adjustable, and doesn't have storage space

edit:beat me to the answer

muuuhahahaha

Last edited by Committobefit08; 07-27-2009 at 10:11 PM.
Old 07-27-2009, 10:10 PM
5 Year Member
i like it so far...:dunno:

Old 07-27-2009, 11:36 PM
5 Year Member
i'm glad you like the stock armrest, benzo. now, what exactly is it that you don't know?

Old 07-27-2009, 11:48 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by secondspassed
i'm glad you like the stock armrest, benzo. now, what exactly is it that you don't know?
oh, idk...lol

Old 07-28-2009, 01:04 AM
5 Year Member
just sayin', a lot of people do mods here... if you go into every thread and ask "what's wrong with the way it is now?" you're not gonna make a lot of friends.

Old 07-28-2009, 04:53 PM
gwh
bought armrest from zeta fits good i did'nt even take out the origanal everything ok so far.

Old 07-28-2009, 08:10 PM
Alright guys...I got my armrest. First off the armrest is pretty good quality. Easy to put together and is pretty sturdy. By the way its from Hong Kong not Cali.
It came with 6 screws even though there were only three holes to fasten to the existing console. I used the other three to add additional support. Three total in the bottom cup holder one in the side on the cup holder and two on the back tab. Of course its not going to hold your body weight but it will hold two arms easily and no worries about being unstable.
Now for the annoying part. I took off the existing armrest. There are two studs that stick out. See here on college hills honda instruction in step 2 of 5..
http://www.collegehillshonda.com/ins...09/armrest.pdf

Well they say you can unscrew it from the seat...well on mine you can't. They spot welded the nuts to the seat frame. So now I am not for sure what I am going to do with that existing hole. I might need to make some sort of cover for it....

I will keep you guys updated.

it also came with a piece of felt to lay in the inside of it. It is just laying in there in this picture. I used double sided tape to place it.

Summary for $50 you can't do better.
I will keep you all updated on the daily use. I'm interested to see how it holds up.

Last edited by Committobefit08; 07-28-2009 at 09:46 PM.
Old 07-28-2009, 09:44 PM
5 Year Member
^^^^^ Thanks for the updates and pics.

Old 07-28-2009, 09:52 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by secondspassed
just sayin', a lot of people do mods here... if you go into every thread and ask "what's wrong with the way it is now?" you're not gonna make a lot of friends.
ive caught on that this is a mod heavy forum.

im here to learn about my car, and gain general knowledge to what people have to say about it and what to look out for.

Old 07-28-2009, 10:29 PM
5 Year Member
Thanks alot for the update! Looks like the existing holes in stock armrest are a problem. I wonder if you have room to install the stock armrest, but just keep it in the "up" position.

It really doesn't look bad at all for $50.

Old 07-29-2009, 06:05 AM
5 Year Member
Is it any higher than original? I find my original is too low to use when driving. In my Dodge Caravan I am able to rest elbow albeit hand is not in best driving position. In the Fit I am finding I actually use a 10 and 2 position so the arm rest would have to be rather high.

Old 07-29-2009, 06:11 AM
Originally Posted by Blazer Deli
Thanks alot for the update! Looks like the existing holes in stock armrest are a problem. I wonder if you have room to install the stock armrest, but just keep it in the "up" position.

It really doesn't look bad at all for $50.
no I tried to reinstall the stock arm rest but it just wouldn't fit...not even in the up position. There is just not enough room for both.
I'm still not sure what I'm going to do with the existing holes. I might contact CollegeHillHonda and ask their advice since they think you can just take those bolts out and insert their plug.

Old 07-29-2009, 06:12 AM
Originally Posted by Black3sr
Is it any higher than original? I find my original is too low to use when driving. In my Dodge Caravan I am able to rest elbow albeit hand is not in best driving position. In the Fit I am finding I actually use a 10 and 2 position so the arm rest would have to be rather high.
No actually its maybe about 1/2" lower than the stock.

Old 07-29-2009, 09:31 AM
Former Vendor
Our armrest includes a plug to cover the stock seat-mounted armerst hole, just like the Honda OEM. Our armrest is sturdy enough to support the average driver. The one on eBay will fail over time. An armrest shold be able to hold you without fear of falling apart.

Old 07-29-2009, 09:44 AM
Originally Posted by zetaproducts.net
Our armrest includes a plug to cover the stock seat-mounted armerst hole, just like the Honda OEM. Our armrest is sturdy enough to support the average driver. The one on eBay will fail over time. An armrest shold be able to hold you without fear of falling apart.
Plug is worthless unless you can get the two studs that stick out off. They should be able to be unscrewed but mine you can't. See pics above.
They are spot welded the nuts to the seat frame. Care to enlighten?

Old 07-29-2009, 10:08 AM
Originally Posted by zetaproducts.net

I can really argue the same thing about yours. Mine is sturdy enough to support the average driver right now too. Yes in the long run it might not hold up but who's to say yours will be any better. Based on what I've seen on yours you have a piece go into the rear cup holder and if you want you fasten in down with the one existing bolt. Just like what I've seen on the ebay armrest the one flaw I've seen is there is not alot of side support (meaning if you push on it from the side is it going to move. With the ebay one right now I used the extra screws included and fastened then on the inside cupholder to resolve this issue but with yours only sitting in the cup holder and with one bolt holding it down how is this resolved with yours?
Also what about the back area where your armrest comes over the back of the existing cupholder. You have a little ledge there to support the armrest and then continues down to your built in cupholder. What is to stop this area from scratching the existing console up especially if its only laying in there not securely fastened?
Don't get me wrong I am not trying to attach Zeta by any means but since I have the ebay armrest and have seen yours I don't see alot of differances from a consumer standpoint. Yes it might be slightly more secure but remember yours cost double. Truly the OEM one seems the most solid using heavy duty metal brackets but yet again your paying over triple the cost of the ebay armrest.
This again just reiterates you gotta pay to play I guess.

Last edited by Committobefit08; 07-29-2009 at 10:10 AM.
Old 07-29-2009, 10:17 AM
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by Committobefit08
Plug is worthless unless you can get the two studs that stick out off. They should be able to be unscrewed but mine you can't. See pics above.
They are spot welded the nuts to the seat frame. Care to enlighten?
The 2 studs are not spot welded. Get a box wrench and apply some pressure. They do come off. I did this several times in our tests.

Quick Reply: Cheap Ebay Armrest - Is it any good?