2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.

I had enough.. beware (RANT) inside.

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2009, 02:36 AM
im gonna agree with the OP, sorry. Ive had my Fit for almost 2 months, loved it when I bought it. Now I cant stand it. A month into it, I had a trip to Virginia up in the mountains. I thought it was going to explode. Smelled something burning everytime I came to a stop after going up a little hill. Had to replace the radiator the very first day I got it. Uncomfortable. Impossible to keep interior clean. Scratches super easy. Blah blah blah. I know ill get bashed, but just thought Id put it out there. Yes, I did research and test drive it. Just thought that itd be faster than a granny on a hoveround. Currently going to pick up a used 06 SI on monday. Fun while it lasted, I guess.

Old 07-26-2009, 08:38 AM
Originally Posted by bens300
im gonna agree with the OP, sorry. Ive had my Fit for almost 2 months, loved it when I bought it. Now I cant stand it. A month into it, I had a trip to Virginia up in the mountains. I thought it was going to explode. Smelled something burning everytime I came to a stop after going up a little hill. Had to replace the radiator the very first day I got it. Uncomfortable. Impossible to keep interior clean. Scratches super easy. Blah blah blah. I know ill get bashed, but just thought Id put it out there. Yes, I did research and test drive it. Just thought that itd be faster than a granny on a hoveround. Currently going to pick up a used 06 SI on monday. Fun while it lasted, I guess.
Every car brand has lemons, I guess. I don't know what the burning smell would have been caused by. I did smell that on a brand new Fit when I test drove it, but I just figured it was the exhaust system putting off some residual fumes because it's a new car. (I didn't notice the smell on our Fit however).

As far as the comfort goes, this is my fifth Honda, and I find the Fit to actually be far more comfortable than my prior Civics. The quality control on the interior fit and finish is superb. Carpet is a little cheap, but the seats are very comfortable and supportive, and have good quality fabric.

I have not noticed that the car scratches easier than any other car I've had, but I just bought it last week, so time will tell. Acceleration on the car is adequate, not blazing fast ... but once the car is up to speed, it can power down the freeway and doesn't struggle, even if you want to go 90 and pass everyone. On some of my older Hondas, I would have to shift down when going up steep hills (on the freeway) -- not with the Fit. As long as you don't lose your compression, the car will plow up the steepest of hills with no problem.

It does sound like your expectations of the car are not really in line with what the car was designed for. It's not a sports car. It is fun to drive though, and has decent handling, combined with Honda reliability. That's why I bought one.

Old 07-26-2009, 12:29 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Wopasaurus
I believe the technical automotive term is "Land Yacht"
Rolling couch, land yacht, whatever. It's still massive and floaty.

We couldn't be happier with the Fit, and are still happy with the Buick.

Old 07-26-2009, 01:17 PM
I bought my Fit because I heard it howled like a Ferrari and pulled like a Ford GT. In all seriousness what do people expect from a sohc 1.5L? To bens300, have you tried different seating angles? I know the first day I got my Fit, the 90mile trip home was uncomfortable as hell but it was notthe car it was me, just a thought.

Old 07-26-2009, 03:10 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by TurboManGT
Nothing a Blitz throttle controller can take care of
I totally lost 3 hours of sleep doing research and reading all the Blitz TC threads last night....

I want!

Old 07-26-2009, 04:23 PM
ok, this post keeps comming up and i keep reading it and well, now it's time to comment.

- its SUPER SLOW especially on the freeway you guys know what i'm talking about..

it's not SUPER SLOW. the fit has tons of get up and go. gotta drive your slow car faster.

- It's GI-normous, it does looks like a mini-oddysey and wtf do i need all the spacious cargo.. im not thinkin of having a family nor kids anytime soon, again this is just me other people can have used for this but not me.

the fit is not a large car. <---that's a period

- i DONT NEED the 5 seater since its just me and my girlfriend or my bestfriend who rides with me most of the time so why have 5!? such a waste. Yeah, having 5 passengers sucks it just makes the FIT slower and consumed more gas.

if you can find a car that uses less gas when it's hauling more weight let me know.

- Drive-by wire, lllllllllllllllaggggggg..

this car is extremely responsive. <--- again a period

- Seats are uncomfortable and non-adustable with poor lumbar support.

not the most comfortable seats, that's true. they are however adjustable.

- Gas efficient, i do get 30-35 mpg but in my GE8 but i get close to about 26-30mpg in my RSX-S except the fact that its 91 oct. WTF is the big differences considering that RSX-S is faster and more fun to drive...

hrm... faster car with more HP gets lower MPG.... strange.

- Interior, i'm tired of keep cleaning and keepin it lint/free.. did i mention that it gest scratch to easily, and WTF is with the door panels havin' white stuff on the cloth material part of it..

i do keep my fit extremely clean. i dust and vacuum once weekly and it's easy to do and keeps it looking new. the gauge plastics scratch way too easy. the white patches in the fabric on the doors are from door gnomes. it's you're not familiar with what door gnomes do google it.

- I love and have always kept all my previous car clean inside and out, but this car is big that i have to spent an extra hour to clean inside-out.. previous cars are 04 RSX-S, 92 MAXIMA, 97 MIATA...

not sure what you do when you clean your cars but if it takes an hour longer to clean a fit than a maxima well... you're thorough.

- Braking power.. do i need to say more..

yes.

- Naive and Ignorant people who drives SUV's/trucks/USDM/Stangs/even grandma in an oddysey can outspeed the fit and also has no respect to the FIT .. i dont know but i think its stupid but its really annoyin when people cut you off w/o there signals and seems like they just think they can push you around since the FIT is classified as an ECO car like the yaris, versa, ..

driving a small car can be frustrating. just remember slip'd first rule.

Slip's First Rule: Give people a chance and they'll prove to you they can be more stupid than you can possibly imagine.

Old 07-26-2009, 04:42 PM
5 Year Member
^ i like this guy.

Old 07-26-2009, 05:02 PM
Also, I purchased an extended warranty for 995. The dealer says that will be refunded? Can I just cancel it now to take it off the money I owe on the car?

Old 07-26-2009, 05:15 PM
5 Year Member
oh gawd... was the OP thinking this car would be on par with an RSX type-S? Seriously.... you gotta know what you're getting into for goodness sakes... Didn't the sub-100 whp ratings warn you enough?? it's a slow car for sure, but that doesnt mean it isnt fun as hell to drive. unless you had a pre-facelift, 2005+RSXs come with drive by wire. They're prolly just tuned more aggressively than a fit and it IS ATTACHED TO A K20...

You must be crazy if you're complaining about too much cargo capacity... ugh.. why did i waste my life reading and replying to this..

and just to let you know, i learned how to drive using my sister's RSX Type S and my mom's 330i with an inline-6 sporting 225hp and 214tq.. adjusting to the fit wasn't big of a deal and i actually prefer it because it makes daily driving more exciting, winding up the engine is just something u gotta get used to, even if the bimmer shifted at 2500rpm

Last edited by accordguyintake; 07-26-2009 at 05:18 PM.
Old 07-26-2009, 05:17 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Contrabida Face
^ i like this guy.
Yeah, me too. He needs to post more so it will show up that I repped him.

Old 07-26-2009, 05:17 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by accordguyintake
why did i waste my life reading and replying to this..
because you were bored!!! just like all of us here.

Old 07-26-2009, 05:34 PM
5 Year Member
lol at drive by wire throttle causing lag.

Too funny in general. Love my car bone stock. No plans to change. Just exactly what I wanted. Best car I've had since my BMW.

Old 07-26-2009, 07:10 PM
Originally Posted by Paul_A
I guess i got caught in the hype of the whole recession and the whole economy being downside and the must-by a gas efficient spacious vehicle. But seriously, i thought of the real reason why i bought it and i just cant find an answer. Yeah its gas efficient, reliable, spacious but heck .. my RSX-S handled better stock and is faster.

Things that may be a discomfort for some owners but i'll vent it out anyway.

- its SUPER SLOW especially on the freeway you guys know what i'm talking about..
- It's GI-normous, it does looks like a mini-oddysey and wtf do i need all the spacious cargo.. im not thinkin of having a family nor kids anytime soon, again this is just me other people can have used for this but not me.
- i DONT NEED the 5 seater since its just me and my girlfriend or my bestfriend who rides with me most of the time so why have 5!? such a waste. Yeah, having 5 passengers sucks it just makes the FIT slower and consumed more gas.
- Drive-by wire, lllllllllllllllaggggggg..
- Seats are uncomfortable and non-adustable with poor lumbar support.
- Gas efficient, i do get 30-35 mpg but in my GE8 but i get close to about 26-30mpg in my RSX-S except the fact that its 91 oct. WTF is the big differences considering that RSX-S is faster and more fun to drive...
- Interior, i'm tired of keep cleaning and keepin it lint/free.. did i mention that it gest scratch to easily, and WTF is with the door panels havin' white stuff on the cloth material part of it..
- I love and have always kept all my previous car clean inside and out, but this car is big that i have to spent an extra hour to clean inside-out.. previous cars are 04 RSX-S, 92 MAXIMA, 97 MIATA...
- Braking power.. do i need to say more..
- Naive and Ignorant people who drives SUV's/trucks/USDM/Stangs/even grandma in an oddysey can outspeed the fit and also has no respect to the FIT .. i dont know but i think its stupid but its really annoyin when people cut you off w/o there signals and seems like they just think they can push you around since the FIT is classified as an ECO car like the yaris, versa, ..

the FIT has treated me well and i love this forum and i met some really cool drivers/users and this site contains a lot of helpful information.. but i think the FIT is not going to do it for me and i'm just about to let it go and i want a car that's faster, possibly a 2-door, possibly an S2000
Nevermind the asshat comments being slung around. Plain and simple you made a bad choice, albeit a costly mistake. However with that being said if you are going to pay for something each month then atleast you should enjoy it, it is your decision and more importantly your money. Keep in mind you are going to take quite a bite financially, but pay down some of the principle and then look about selling the car. hopefully you will find something more in line with your driving style and needs.

I also have to admit that the lack of current aftermarket support for the GE8 does put a damper on making the car more to ones personal taste.

Old 07-26-2009, 08:01 PM
Originally Posted by jaydubz79
I also have to admit that the lack of current aftermarket support for the GE8 does put a damper on making the car more to ones personal taste.
If that means that there will be fewer ways to turn the Fit into a stupid riced-out POS like people do with their Civics, then I'm all for it. The less ricer add-ons, bolt-ons and stick-ons, the better.

Old 07-26-2009, 08:23 PM
Touched by his noodly appendage
Originally Posted by chris76
If that means that there will be fewer ways to turn the Fit into a stupid riced-out POS like people do with their Civics, then I'm all for it. The less ricer add-ons, bolt-ons and stick-ons, the better.
So any modification done to any car is considered rice?

I mean its not like certain aftermarket parts do ANYTHING to improve how a car performs.

Old 07-27-2009, 02:34 AM
5 Year Member
if that means that there will be fewer ways to turn the fit into a stupid riced-out pos like people do with their civics, then i'm all for it. The less ricer add-ons, bolt-ons and stick-ons, the better.
why so serious!? ><

Old 07-27-2009, 03:06 AM
5 Year Member
You conveniently forget that there are people who buy "ricer add-ons, bolt-ons and stick-ons" that do so with taste and functional reason.

Leave 'em alone, you're not driving their riced-out rides. There are better things to whine about.

Old 07-27-2009, 05:37 AM
Originally Posted by Type 100
You conveniently forget that there are people who buy "ricer add-ons, bolt-ons and stick-ons" that do so with taste.
Now THAT would be an oxymoron. =) Look, I have no problem with people that want to upgrade their Fit, I'm just whining. Go for it, just don't ruin the Fit the way the gangbanger Civic and Integra crowd did. We don't need the Fit elevated to "cult classic" status. We really don't. "Less is more" is the Fit's greatest asset, not its greatest detriment.

Last edited by chris76; 07-27-2009 at 05:53 AM.
Old 07-29-2009, 02:36 PM
Now THAT would be an oxymoron. =) Look, I have no problem with people that want to upgrade their Fit, I'm just whining. Go for it, just don't ruin the Fit the way the gangbanger Civic and Integra crowd did. We don't need the Fit elevated to "cult classic" status. We really don't. "Less is more" is the Fit's greatest asset, not its greatest detriment.
What you fail to realize is it will happen one way or the other. Someone will inject their own style, although laughable it is still their choice. Not everyone can source cool trick parts from Mugen from Japan. In other words have an opinion but respect individuality.

Old 07-30-2009, 02:59 AM
S2000 is the best car in the world but even I didn't enjoy it as a daily driver stuck on the 5fwy! get a life- u know what the fit was all about so u should have kept your little RSX, but do get the s2000 over any car.
I just love my fit so much that I will pay it off 1st then get a used s2k since they are cheaper now!

Quick Reply: I had enough.. beware (RANT) inside.