2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tinting my Fit

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2009, 07:21 AM
Originally Posted by badself
I notice you're not in Florida where $280 buys you high end ceramic tint such as Huper Optix or Formula 1 Pinnacle; however, at that price point you should be getting a quality product. You failed to mention exactly what you're getting. Aside from quality work, that's the major consideration in determining if you're actually getting your money's worth.

I first bought the Fit with no intention of tinting the windows but a few days with the fishbowl effect and the marginal a/c output made me decide it's a necessity. Since you're only looking to pay once (understandably), I'd stick with legal limits for your state. I went with Formula 1 Pinnacle 35% all around including a windshield strip. It looks like factory smoke during the day and slightly darker at night.
The brand is Solar Gard. I drive around all day for work, and because I have to park in sheisty neighborhoods, this seemed like the best bet seeing that everything in the car is visible to the outside world.

The advantage to the kind I'm getting, is that not only does it block the majority of the heat coming in, but you can clean the windows with Windex or any other commercial glass cleaner and you don't have to worry.