2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

MPG indicator

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2011, 09:55 AM
5 Year Member
The seat map pocket is our own doing. I ripped mine the first week. It is caused by not lowering the headrest when we fold the seat. I had mine replaced then solved the problem with Clazzios later.

Old 04-21-2011, 01:51 PM
Originally Posted by Black3sr
The seat map pocket is our own doing. I ripped mine the first week. It is caused by not lowering the headrest when we fold the seat. I had mine replaced then solved the problem with Clazzios later.
I disagree. With headrest fully lowered mine will still catch. Honda advertises still to this day that the Magic Seats will fold flat without removing the headrest and with front seats in farthest back position. So if they say that then they need to ensure it can be reasonably done without damage to vehicle. If front seatback is even slightly reclined as in "normal" seating position it will hit and rip pocket. Especially if you drop the seat from the back trunk compartment. It comes down fast and hard with full weight of seat catching onto pocket lip.

If Honda was not responsible they would not honor warranty claims for this, they would not have this TSB sent to dealers and they especially would not honor out of warranty claims.

_

Old 04-21-2011, 02:36 PM
Originally Posted by SilverbulletCSVT
I disagree. With headrest fully lowered mine will still catch. Honda advertises still to this day that the Magic Seats will fold flat without removing the headrest and with front seats in farthest back position. So if they say that then they need to ensure it can be reasonably done without damage to vehicle. If front seatback is even slightly reclined as in "normal" seating position it will hit and rip pocket. Especially if you drop the seat from the back trunk compartment. It comes down fast and hard with full weight of seat catching onto pocket lip.

If Honda was not responsible they would not honor warranty claims for this, they would not have this TSB sent to dealers and they especially would not honor out of warranty claims.

_
Yeah, I blame that advertising for the limited seat travel. If you can't get the swat back enough to be fully comfortable, it'll drive you nuts every day. If you have to slide/lean the seat forward (which you have to do anyway) it'll drive you ro alight annoyance about what... Once a month? Quarter? Year? It would be like advertising that your automatics are so refined that they're as efficient as a manual, and then short gearing the manual to prove it. Wait a minute...

Of course, Ford didn't short-gear the manual, and The autorag journalists whine about sluggish acceleration. 40 mpg doesn't come with no price!

Old 04-21-2011, 03:41 PM
My drivers seat is all the way back and also reclined a fair amount and the back seat behind it folds down without touching. It comes REALLY close but it doesn't touch. You guys must really recline your front seats a lot to create this problem!!

Old 04-21-2011, 07:01 PM
5 Year Member
Get a two pack of these for $8 and it'll protect the seats and prevent the seat back pocket from ripping.

Of note on the MPG indicator. For the 2nd and 3rd time in the car's history, my calculated was actually OVER the display. I was in the low 30's due to the cargo box/rack on the roof. Seems like the higher you get in MPG the more the computer is higher than the actual calculated. when I get down around 31mpg etc... it's pretty accurate.

~SB

Last edited by specboy; 04-21-2011 at 07:03 PM.
Old 04-21-2011, 07:19 PM
5 Year Member
About the MPG gas indicator of the fit i will said that it give me a idea how the car is performing with the gas.I just can said that the car is GOOD with MPG.I just had the car about three weeks and the car MPG indicator numbers are going up every time i look at it....

Old 04-21-2011, 07:35 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by SilverbulletCSVT

_
"Maybe you should watch WTF you're doing" would have been the service managers response only 20 short years ago it's amazing how we've changed culturally in such a short time.

Old 04-21-2011, 08:38 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Lyon[Nightroad]
"Maybe you should watch WTF you're doing" would have been the service managers response only 20 short years ago it's amazing how we've changed culturally in such a short time.
We are a society of entitlement. everything should work perfectly without any effort on our part. if it doesn't, it's the fault of the manufacturer.

Lyon... have you not known this? It's called the "Age of Wal-Mart"

~SB

Old 04-21-2011, 10:52 PM
WalMart and Home Depot, no questions asked returns. It's into the general attitude regarding everything.

I sold my last car to my neighbors 21yr son. $25/week payments. Well that worked for two months then he had troubles remembering. I let him know I was upset and that he should do better. Well then he copped an attitude. I gave a little push-back. He gets pissed at me!

I didn't see him again and had to talk with his father [a friend of mine] regarding it. He tried explaining, but I simply said there was nothing to explain and asked him what his son expected... his dad quickly understood.

I'm going to Maine in the AM - Old Town to be exact. Not too many folks making excuses up there.

And I thought this thread was about the MPG indicator - hmmm. 15 pages worth. I use it as a guide to know how I'm doing - pen, paper, two numbers and simple math is the only way to really know. This thread is worse than the one on mirrors. Turn your head and look - or be like one of all the others and change lanes whenever you want to realizing those other drivers are only in your way.

K_C_

Old 04-21-2011, 11:00 PM
5 Year Member
Speaking about changing lanes.... we had SNOW today... yeah... ~Sigh.

oh yeah. mpg. The test for me will be the upcoming tank. After a 1231 mile trip loaded down with lots of drag, turbulence, etc... i'm back to the daily grind as far as commuting goes. Numbers are running just above 39 on the gauge but I'm guessing I'll see an end result of around 36 or 37 with the fairing. I'm almost (sadly) excited to see how well i'll do next week.

If I were to guess, my mpg on average runs about 2mpg high with a lifetime avg of just under 38mpg and coming up on 26K miles. (still at 60% on the 2nd oil change.. Woohoo!)

~SB

Old 11-22-2011, 12:56 PM
5 Year Member
Success! (I think)

Originally Posted by Ultrawolf
Yes, I've had the exact same problem. '09 Fit bought late July '09. First tried to get the update in early July 2010 (first time the car had been to a dealer since I bought it) and told the computer shows the car already has the latest software rev. Tried again in March 2011 when the car was in for the LMS recall. Computer still shows no later software rev than the car already has. The dealer said they even spent an hour in contact with Honda but couldn't resolve it. My MPG meter has averaged 3.8 MPG high over 12,000 miles of driving.
I went for a dealer oil change yesterday, and asked if they would try one more time to see if my Fit would take the software update. I had little hope since they said the car wouldn't take the update the last two times I tried. But..., they said it took an update this time! I've only driven 15 miles since, but I reset the trip odometer and it sure seems to be reading lower now. So if anyone else out there has an oddball Fit that supposedly won't take the update, it might be worth one more try.