2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

09 Fit A/C Fan Broke (ALREADY!)

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2009, 08:02 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Shora
Final Update:

Took the car in early Tuesday morning with a friend who drove one of my other cars. Decided that I will never make it to my selling dealer without being super late to work, so I took it to the more local dealer WHO HAPPEND TO BE PACKED with cars (3 others with A/C issues according to the service writer).

I asked the service writer if I could speak with the tech who will be working on my car and both were nice guys.

Anyway, had two friends pick up the car for me today while I was at work since the dealership service department closes before I get off work.

They ended up replacing both the "motor assembly" and the "resistor".

So, the Fit is going back into duty as a daily driver.
Sounds like I need to go back to have my motor assembly replace as well. I'm still getting the clicking noise.

Old 04-28-2010, 10:23 AM
Same thing happened to my almost new (5500miles) 2009 Honda Fit Sport. Suddenly, without any previous issues whatsoever, the first 3 fan selector speed settings will not work. Only the very high speed 4th setting is operating.

I bought my car from a dealer in a city over 2 hrs away as they were the closest at the time. A month or so later, a local dealership reopened after having shut down due to horrible service, general local public mistrust, and bad reputation, etc..

I'm so curious how this story will unfold. Calling today and will relay the repair the details of the repair listed in this thread to hopefully expedite things.

*fingers crossed*

btw..this is my only vehicle...hopefully won't take too long.

Prof Dunn
Monroe, La.

Old 04-30-2010, 06:12 PM
Update.

This is apparently a common issue with certain 2009 Honda Fits.

Unfortunately, my local Honda dealership, had expectedly never heard of this issue.

After replacing only the Resistor Pack today, they claimed the fan worked properly on all settings...it did not. Luckily I caught it prior to leaving the dealership. I'm unsure why their maintenance personnel would claim it was repaired when it wasn't. But, the local service manager is a nice guy and apologized and I will bring it back in this week sometime.

Meanwhile, I found the service bulletin on this website (posted below) and called the service manager with the information.

I'm sure it will be repaired this coming week with this new information.

http://www.in.honda.com/Rjanisis/pubs/SB/A09-097.PDF

ProfD