2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

09 Center Armrest Question!

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2009, 04:29 PM
Honda Accessory Armrest is in my opinion best choice. I bought HK armrest and there is no way I put this in my honda. Visual so so, stable no. Without drilling you can't expect much.

Old 12-02-2009, 09:14 AM
5 Year Member
I finally got around to installing the OEM center arm rest yesterday. Honda's installation instructions are excellent. The only real challenge on a Sport AT is getting the center console out and back in, which requires some contortions, especially after the arm rest is installed, which makes the assembly top and rear heavy. Pulling the cup holder from the center console helps for removal; without doing that, I couldn't get the center console to separate from the AT shift base. If you can get a dealer to do the install for a reasonable cost (say $50 or less), that's probably the best route unless you are handy with tools or very cheap (like me).

This is a substantial, well-engineered piece of kit, and the sound of the arm rest being slid forward is reminiscent of cocking a pump-action shotgun. The mounting brackets are very substantial pieces of steel, and I have no reservations about this holding up for the life of the car. Access to the parking brake is a little more difficult, but the arm rest flips up if that is a problem. There is a little cubby under the arm rest that is just the right size for a compact umbrella.

One thing that hasn't been mentioned with the non-OEM arm rests: what happens in a crash? This thing is going to stay put; I'm not sure that the slip-in arm rests wouldn't become flying objects.

Old 12-02-2009, 11:02 PM
Originally Posted by zetaproducts.net
That square one on eBay "press fits" between the seats. If you move any of the front seats the armrest will move. Also may shift if you stop short or bang it while driving. It has a pressboard core covered with vinyl. Won't work if you have a Fit SPORT.

I have owned this armrest for 6 months now.
I would like to point out a few untrue accusation in your post:

1.The armrest does not move when I move my seats nor does it move when I brake hard, I took a few trips to twisty back roads and it's sitting there like a stone. The armrest has perfect fit in between the seats.

2. I have a 09 Fit Sport and it does work. All I had to do was removing the original armrest, which took me like 30 seconds, a caveman can do it.

Judging from what you have said, it is very clear to me that you have never even try this armrest in the car before. When I was looking for an armrest, I have also considered the zeta armrest, however, this armrest has more storage space and better styling (real nice leather cover and I am sorry but the zeta armrest is hideous) than zeta. And I don't have any regrets, especially now I have read the shameless blackmailing and self-promotion from the Zeta representative.

I have send a copy of your comment on the armrest to the manufacturer.
Perhaps they can decide if what you said was something they can make improvement on, or a lawsuit.

Old 12-03-2009, 10:14 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by fhwulala
I have owned this armrest for 6 months now.
I would like to point out a few untrue accusation in your post:
1.The armrest does not move when I move my seats nor does it move when I brake hard, I took a few trips to twisty back roads and it's sitting there like a stone. The armrest has perfect fit in between the seats.
2. I have a 09 Fit Sport and it does work. All I had to do was removing the original armrest, which took me like 30 seconds, a caveman can do it.
Judging from what you have said, it is very clear to me that you have never even try this armrest in the car before. When I was looking for an armrest, I have also considered the zeta armrest, however, this armrest has more storage space and better styling (real nice leather cover and I am sorry but the zeta armrest is hideous) than zeta. And I don't have any regrets, especially now I have read the shameless blackmailing and self-promotion from the Zeta representative.
Perhaps they can decide if what you said was something they can make improvement on, or a lawsuit.
Okay, I had some spare $$ in my PP acct so I ordered this arm rest for my 2010 base Fit. I don't know who you, ("fhwulala"), are here, but I hope you're not the maker of this product pulling the same kind of "I'm-just-an-innocent-user-of-these-products" promotion scam the Zeta guy was obviously (and dishonestly)doing?

Because if so, and this thing is really is a pressboard POS, then I'll post it all over this forum and I doubt you'll sell any more here! (And I'll also complain to eBay!) But on the same note, if this really is as good a product as presented, then I'll also post that here so the rest of us can know about that too...

Old 12-03-2009, 07:46 PM
Originally Posted by Chazzlee
Okay, I had some spare $$ in my PP acct so I ordered this arm rest for my 2010 base Fit. I don't know who you, ("fhwulala"), are here, but I hope you're not the maker of this product pulling the same kind of "I'm-just-an-innocent-user-of-these-products" promotion scam the Zeta guy was obviously (and dishonestly)doing?

Because if so, and this thing is really is a pressboard POS, then I'll post it all over this forum and I doubt you'll sell any more here! (And I'll also complain to eBay!) But on the same note, if this really is as good a product as presented, then I'll also post that here so the rest of us can know about that too...
Done deal.
I have confidence in this product since I am so satisfied with it.

And yes, "I'm-just-an-innocent-user-of-this-product"- I am not in anyway affiliate with the manufacturer, other than being one of the customer, so whether it sales or not doesn't concern me by the tiniest bit.

However, I do feel happy that you did purchase the armrest.
I bought it, I love it, and I wish every fit owner can own one of this.
Based on the info provided on ebay, there is only 4 armrests left,
I would recommend this armrest to everyone.

Old 12-03-2009, 10:07 PM
Last time I checked there is a thing called freedom of speech in the US of A. Get a life, sometimes people disagree with what you think.

Old 12-03-2009, 11:02 PM
Originally Posted by fmcfad01
Last time I checked there is a thing called freedom of speech in the US of A. Get a life, sometimes people disagree with what you think.
Can we have some logic here?
Freedom of speech and disagreeing on an object is one thing, but untrue accusations is another, you do responsible for what you say on the internet.

Yeah U.S. is the land of the free, but that freedom has boundaries, keep that in mind.

Old 12-03-2009, 11:38 PM
5 Year Member
Back to the armrest question please?

So anyway, all unnecessary side arguments aside here, I did get a nice, very fast response from the arm rest people on ebay, asking me what color option I wanted with the thing.

I picked black leather with a red stripe... I also found some black and red rubber mats at Pep Boys, not too expensive ($28), and I think these and the red striped arm rest would look real cool inside my '10 basic>>!!

Oh Gawd, I think I'm getting into this mod thingy now, yas?
{Where will it end! Where will it end!)

Old 12-04-2009, 12:19 AM
Can we have some logic here?
Freedom of speech and disagreeing on an object is one thing, but untrue accusations is another, you do responsible for what you say on the internet.

Yeah U.S. is the land of the free, but that freedom has boundaries, keep that in mind.
I am without words for what to say to this.

Old 12-04-2009, 01:30 AM
I am without words for what to say to this.
What he said.

I say that vinyl covered box is cheap looking and would detract from my car's interior. I am free to think this. I am free to say to whoever I choose to say it to. You are free to disagree.

I dare you to sue me

Last edited by wilbur; 12-04-2009 at 01:34 AM.
Old 12-04-2009, 07:29 AM
Originally Posted by wilbur
What he said.

I say that vinyl covered box is cheap looking and would detract from my car's interior. I am free to think this. I am free to say to whoever I choose to say it to. You are free to disagree.

I dare you to sue me
No..nobody is going to sue you, kid.
you totally misunderstand my argument.

I am not here to improve the reading comprehension of the nation,
but I will explain just once.

What you said is purely objective opinion, though I disagree, and yes that is protected under the freedom of speech.

However, let's take a look at what the zeta guy said.

1."If you move any of the front seats the armrest will move."
That's not true, I have tested this when I first got the armrest. I move the car seats frequently since I share the vehicle with someone else. And no it does not move when you adjust the seats.

2."may shift if you stop short or bang it while driving."
That's not true either, I have been braking pretty hard lately since there are hordes on crazy people that don't check their blind spot driving in NJ.
The armrest does not move one inch.

3.Won't work if you have a Fit SPORT.
Not true, you can read from the intro on ebay auction that you only have to remove the original armrest to fit. I have a Sport Model and it fits. I personally don't know why the zeta guy said this. Perhaps he just forgot to mention the "unless you remove the original armrest" part, which is also what you have to do for the zeta armrest.

And just to further elaborate my point on the freedom of speech,
check out this link :

How Can You Legally Stop Purposeful Internet Flaming on Your Personal Name?

Just to make sure that you guys misunderstand my point again,
I will quote from the link above:

"you may be able to show intent to slander and show that the individual knew they were posting lies to harm you. In this case you can prevent them from doing this and collect money."

"there will be consequences for starting false rumors"

Old 12-04-2009, 08:26 AM
5 Year Member
Boyz, boyz!!!

Originally Posted by wilbur
What he said.
I dare you to sue me
So where do you fit in all this? Don't look to me like you got a dog in this fight! -Just wanna stir up the waters some, eh?

Of course there's freedom of speech. But if one looks at the following quote and then realizes that it's posted by a guy from a company (Zeta) that makes a competing product, it's clear that the poster is not a neutral observer but has an inside, vested interest in this deal! Is he free to say what he says? Of course.. But is it honest? Or ethical? -Hardly, IMO!
"That square one on eBay "press fits" between the seats. If you move any of the front seats the armrest will move. Also may shift if you stop short or bang it while driving. It has a pressboard core covered with vinyl. Won't work if you have a Fit SPORT."

So far there's only one poster here who's had experience with the ebay armrest we're discussing, and he says it's a good one. Strikes me that some of the rest of you are expressing strong opinions about something you don't really know anything about yet? So here's a quote for you: "There is one principal, if practiced diligently, will never fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance. And that principal is contempt prior to investigation!"

Anyhow, I don't know (yet) whether this ebay armrest is a good deal or whether it's a cheesy pressboard POS, and I don't think just looking at their ebay ad (in this case) qualifies me or anyone else to make a valid snap judgement that it's a POS!
-However I've been willing to put my $$ where my mouth is, and {so far anyway} I've gotten a quick intelligent response from the ebay armrest people... When the armrest arrives I'll make an experienced judgement on the usefullness and quality of the piece! (As Jimmy so well sang for us "Are you experienced??")
If it's a POS, or if it just doesn't fit well or do the job as well as stated, I'll say so here and return it to the ebay people under their return guarantee. And if it is as good as presented (and it may well be; people don't stay in business long selling POS's!), then I'll post that here also, okay?

In the meantime all this other squabbling nonsense strikes me just about the way network TV news does: -Just a bunch of hot air being expelled over nothing! (Tiger Woods, anyone?)

And BTW, it didn't cost me (including shipping) $130, but $106!
See: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...WNX%3AIT#rpdId

Last edited by Chazzlee; 12-04-2009 at 09:08 AM.
Old 12-04-2009, 11:31 AM
5 Year Member
you totally misunderstand my argument.

What you said is purely objective opinion, though I disagree, and yes that is protected under the freedom of speech.

However, let's take a look at what the zeta guy said.

1."If you move any of the front seats the armrest will move."
That's not true, I have tested this when I first got the armrest. I move the car seats frequently since I share the vehicle with someone else. And no it does not move when you adjust the seats.

2."may shift if you stop short or bang it while driving."
That's not true either, I have been braking pretty hard lately since there are hordes on crazy people that don't check their blind spot driving in NJ.
The armrest does not move one inch.

3.Won't work if you have a Fit SPORT.
Not true, you can read from the intro on ebay auction that you only have to remove the original armrest to fit. I have a Sport Model and it fits. I personally don't know why the zeta guy said this. Perhaps he just forgot to mention the "unless you remove the original armrest" part, which is also what you have to do for the zeta armrest.

And just to further elaborate my point on the freedom of speech,
check out this link :

How Can You Legally Stop Purposeful Internet Flaming on Your Personal Name?

Just to make sure that you guys misunderstand my point again,
I will quote from the link above:

"you may be able to show intent to slander and show that the individual knew they were posting lies to harm you. In this case you can prevent them from doing this and collect money."

"there will be consequences for starting false rumors"
mmm lala, I think you're confusing expressing an opinion on a product or service with slandering/libeling an individual or organization. Now if we had said the seller of the product was fraudulent that would be libel (without anything to back it up, the only purpose being malice). Nothing has been said indicating that.

For the record I think his upholstered box is an eyesore.

Don't hurt me for calling you lala.

Old 12-04-2009, 12:44 PM
5 Year Member
Well stated, Chazlee -- far too many bytes have been sacrificed on this topic. I have no opinion re the eBay center arm rest, other than to say that it appears to have more interior room than the OEM version.

Now that I have driven with the OEM center arm rest for a few days, I really like the fact that the arm rest has a forward and rear position; the forward position is very comfortable on long drives, but gets in the way of the parking brake, so around town I slide it back. My wife is much smaller than me, and she finds the center arm rest (as well as the skinny arm rest that came with the Sport) too high, so she flips it out of the way when she is driving. We're both happy; good design all around.

Old 12-04-2009, 01:09 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Selden
Well stated, Chazlee -- far too many bytes have been sacrificed on this topic. I have no opinion re the eBay center arm rest, other than to say that it appears to have more interior room than the OEM version.

Now that I have driven with the OEM center arm rest for a few days, I really like the fact that the arm rest has a forward and rear position; the forward position is very comfortable on long drives, but gets in the way of the parking brake, so around town I slide it back. My wife is much smaller than me, and she finds the center arm rest (as well as the skinny arm rest that came with the Sport) too high, so she flips it out of the way when she is driving. We're both happy; good design all around.
Any chance we could get some pics of the OEM center armrest installed?

Old 12-05-2009, 01:41 AM

First off, you are a complete jerk off. Don't talk down to people and call them a kid. You're no better than anyone else. Second of all, for damn right you aren't here to improve anyone's English. You couldn't type it yesterday and you've openly admitted to originally being from a third world country. You're also not here to improve grammar or spelling, but we won't really try to beat you up about that.

Second of all, what the hell are you, the internet police? Why the F do you care what people say about a product. I'm free to think my sony tv, my bmw, my honda, your house, etc is a piece of shit. I can openly discuss why and state my reasons. I can say why I don't like a product I've never bought and why I'll never buy it, and no one can tell me to shut up. People are not slandering anything. They are simply giving an objective, observational view point on why they are considering one item over another. You are wrong, you are not a lawyer, and you have no idea of what you talk about. Go away and troll another forum.

Seriously, you may be one of the dumbest human beings in the world. You're putting up a shit ton of effort to back up and police the world over what's said about an overpriced $100 glorified box. Seriously dude, get a life. I dislike everything you stand for. You probably voted for obama too.

Last edited by fmcfad01; 12-05-2009 at 01:54 AM.
Old 12-05-2009, 03:35 AM
First off, you are a complete jerk off. Don't talk down to people and call them a kid. You're no better than anyone else. Second of all, for damn right you aren't here to improve anyone's English. You couldn't type it yesterday and you've openly admitted to originally being from a third world country. You're also not here to improve grammar or spelling, but we won't really try to beat you up about that.

Second of all, what the hell are you, the internet police? Why the F do you care what people say about a product. I'm free to think my sony tv, my bmw, my honda, your house, etc is a piece of shit. I can openly discuss why and state my reasons. I can say why I don't like a product I've never bought and why I'll never buy it, and no one can tell me to shut up. People are not slandering anything. They are simply giving an objective, observational view point on why they are considering one item over another. You are wrong, you are not a lawyer, and you have no idea of what you talk about. Go away and troll another forum.

Seriously, you may be one of the dumbest human beings in the world. You're putting up a shit ton of effort to back up and police the world over what's said about an overpriced $100 glorified box. Seriously dude, get a life. I dislike everything you stand for. You probably voted for obama too.
You are right, I shouldn't be calling anybody a "kid".
I typed my response when I just got up, not exactly thinking clearly.
Wilbur, if you do mind my use of words, I apologize, sorry.
But seriously, reading comprehension is important.

Again, as I've stated more than once (Did I say something about reading comprehension?). I am in support of "simply giving an objective, observational view point on why they are considering one item over another." I didn't go after all those posts about how ugly it looks or how they would choose another product other than this, did I? My only intention was to clarify a few misinformation, which were stated as "actual facts about the product", provided by the representative from another brand, which from my experience are untrue and far from objective. I am not here to defend anything, but when I see something that's not right, I say it out loud.

Call me whatever you like, just don't forget that when you point one finger at someone calling them stupid, you are pointing the other four toward yourself. I mean, hey, I am not the one with all the Fs and Shi#s flying around, you hug your mother with those hands ? (an altered form of "you kiss your mother with that mouth?")

Just for the record, no I didn't vote for Obama. In fact, What does who I voted for has to do with anything? If I've voted for McCain then I am not "one of the most dumbest human beings in the world"? Ha, so much for democracy.

Old 12-05-2009, 10:45 AM
gwh
have a zeta armrest 4or five month's now ok with it. i didin't even remove the original on my 09 mt sport.

Old 12-05-2009, 11:53 AM
5 Year Member
Sad....

Wow, seems like a whole lotta hatred there, I think..?
{But maybe it's to be expected from someone who says they're from "Killadelphia"?}

So anyway son, I voted for Obama, and I ain't ashamed to say so either.. -And if you want to fight over it, pick on someone who's more your size, -someone like me who's (by your sights?) a "true American", someone who's been in the Army and served his country, and who votes regularly for whoever he damn well feels would be best for his country! (And also someone who doesn't like bullies who go after people who 'speak differently'!)

But be careful... Because being a citizen born and bred in this country I also know my rights and the law. So if anything in a forthcoming reply from you is any kind of threat against anyone's personal well being, well that could possibly constitute what's called 'making terroristic threats' over the web, and is indeed quite punishable by law!

Is that english good enough for you?

Anyway, I do think some of the posts here are probably right in principal (if not language?) in critisizing "lala's" too-quick reactions to the Zeta guy's probably simply unethical posting as being "reportable". But I suspect he's fairly new in this country and doesn't fully understand all the legal ins-and-outs yet? (-But for that matter, does anyone?)
However I believe that having some empathy and understanding for in-country newbies is far more compassionate and understanding (and more truly 'American'?) than angrily and intolerently attacking people for being 'different' and for making mistakes.........
-Didn't someone somewhere say something about "...the first stone?"

Old 12-05-2009, 11:12 PM
5 Year Member
The Ubuntu Code of Conduct seems applicable here:

Be considerate.
Be respectful.
Be collaborative.
When we disagree, we consult others.
When we are unsure, we ask for help.
Step down considerately.

I don't always succeed in following these principles, but I try.

Quick Reply: 09 Center Armrest Question!