2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I Can't Believe People

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2009, 02:19 AM
I Can't Believe People

My family and I just dropped my brother off at his dorm, then headed over to Wendy's for dessert. As we headed out the door of Wendy's, people were leaning on my Fit! It was a group of couples with their own nice ride (Escalade with screens). I was so pissed off. As soon as we headed out to our car, they came off from leaning on it. After we gave them some looks and some remarks, they said "What is their a mark?" and "There's no problem." with some attitude. I was lucky their was no damage, but I am still mad that people with their own nice ride disrespect other people's car.

Anyone have a similar experience?

Old 09-06-2009, 03:16 AM
5 Year Member
Yeah, people, especially in the LA area are assholes. This poor Fit gets abused every which way by other drivers, based only by its cute looks.

I had a homeless man lean on my brand new Fit to support him while he peed in a beer bottle. I yanked him off and gave him the heave ho.

Was there any damage to your car from those idiots?

Old 09-06-2009, 03:24 AM
5 Year Member
Nope there was no damage, he said in the last sentence. But boy, you should've just alarmed it! I really hate it when people lean on the fit, some panels dent really easily and i have super light dents from people leaning on it!

Old 09-06-2009, 04:10 AM
Cat
Someone that spends HER life on FitFreak.net
5 Year Member
That would have been the perfect opportunity to hit the alarm button and watch them scatter. They would think, heck that alarm is sure sensative. Would have served them right for disrepecting your car. Plus they probably were jealous because your Fit cost so little to keep on the road compaired to their gas suckers.

Cat :x

Old 09-06-2009, 04:42 AM
5 Year Member
you shouldve walked on his hood and asked if you left a mark haha

Old 09-06-2009, 04:49 AM
5 Year Member
had that happen to my old civic once at school. it was a staff person.
guy was all sorry to me after haha

Old 09-06-2009, 04:50 AM
5 Year Member
wow that's really rude... I hope people arent doing that to my car while im not there it would break me heart

Old 09-06-2009, 04:51 AM
spoon fed
5 Year Member
get a little red spray paint and put a little splatter on your rims and say "uhhh... that is what is left from the last cool kid who leaned against my car...."

that will shut them up.

Old 09-06-2009, 09:31 AM
5 Year Member
Similar but not exactly the same.

I pull into a virtually empty parking lot, find a spot far away with no cars next to me (as always), I come back and there is a minivan parked smack next to my car, to top it off he opened the door on the side towards my car, and his kids are jumping out of the side running into my car.

I flipped... I told him out of all the empty spots (20+) you had to park right next to me? and you couldn't even open the other side for your kids to run out of? Sooo much space and you picked the spot right next to me (all yelling and sht).. finally he calmly replies "b/c of the shade", I yell some more "this whole side has shade, all 10 spots!!!! and you had to pick this spot right next to me????"

Some people have no sense, or don't own cars that scratch so easily...

Old 09-06-2009, 09:59 AM
5 Year Member
I show my camaro and corvette in concourse shows (cleanliness, condition and originality) where the paint is judged (even behind the wheels) and take nearly the same pride for the fit.

Any rub even from a clean towel (much less with the pressure of someones ass) on a dusty car will leave minor scratches.

I did a show with my corvette at the beach once. A sandy bum put his sandy backpack on my rear deck, opened my door and started to get in. I was about 50 yards away. Wanted to hurt him but I just chewed him out, got in my car, left the show and went home and tried to buff out the damage. No more beach shows for me!

Old 09-06-2009, 10:10 AM
5 Year Member
Always park as far away as possible.

Cover your car. People seem to respect it a little more and it will offer a little protection.

Avoid trees because others will park there and bird and sap droppings will damage your paint.

Don't park next to minivans. Kids are door flingers.

Try to get the end spot on the right end of the parking. Every car has a driver but not every car has a passenger.

Put on a couple of coats of wax. It will offer a some protection from fine scratches.

Cary a baseball bat. Just in case!

Old 09-06-2009, 10:18 AM
The remote parking partner thing is a mystery. My only guess is that some people park next to us in remote spots outta some caveman instinct, although there's a small few who did it out of spite, "Who does he think he is, parking his little special new car way out here...I'll show him." <insert F250 within door dinging distance>

I hate the fact I've become neurotic about the parking thing, but people are generally so freakin bad about respecting other cars that i feel it's justified. My most recent experience was in a co-worker's car during a lunch run. While we were sitting in the car, waiting to back out of a spot, the dude next to us in a Porsche Cayenne opened his door into my friends car, leaving a nice black scuff on her pearl white paint. Unbelievable...co-worker didn't wanna say anything, but i did. Rolled down the window, and kindly suggested he might wanna be careful in parking lots, because I don't think he'd appreciate the mark he just delivered. He doubted me, re-opened his door to confirm...yup, he did it. I said I'm not makin a stink, just wanted him to be aware. His response, "Well, I would make a stink." Yeah, I know dipshit...someone looks at yer Porsche wrong, yer gonna make a stink. I guess he was taken by surprise with the situation/confrontation.

Old 09-06-2009, 10:25 AM
Originally Posted by 09 Fit
Cary a baseball bat. Just in case!
...brake fluid is better - easily explained if asked why it's in yer car. Silent, discrete, and is a gift that keeps on giving - look it up.

Old 09-06-2009, 10:26 AM
Absolutely no respect.....I would have been very pissed if somebody leaned up against my car

Old 09-06-2009, 10:33 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Watsoff
I hate the fact I've become neurotic about the parking thing, but people are generally so freakin bad about respecting other cars that i feel it's justified.
I agree 1000%.

Old 09-06-2009, 10:40 AM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member
yep, some people suck. this is why i have a dd. but as posted above, i would've just hit the panic button as well. just keep hitting it even if they aren't leaning against the car to bleed into their conversation. hahaha.

Old 09-06-2009, 10:59 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Watsoff
The remote parking partner thing is a mystery. My only guess is that some people park next to us in remote spots outta some caveman instinct, although there's a small few who did it out of spite, "Who does he think he is, parking his little special new car way out here...I'll show him." <insert F250 within door dinging distance>

I hate the fact I've become neurotic about the parking thing, but people are generally so freakin bad about respecting other cars that i feel it's justified. My most recent experience was in a co-worker's car during a lunch run. While we were sitting in the car, waiting to back out of a spot, the dude next to us in a Porsche Cayenne opened his door into my friends car, leaving a nice black scuff on her pearl white paint. Unbelievable...co-worker didn't wanna say anything, but i did. Rolled down the window, and kindly suggested he might wanna be careful in parking lots, because I don't think he'd appreciate the mark he just delivered. He doubted me, re-opened his door to confirm...yup, he did it. I said I'm not makin a stink, just wanted him to be aware. His response, "Well, I would make a stink." Yeah, I know dipshit...someone looks at yer Porsche wrong, yer gonna make a stink. I guess he was taken by surprise with the situation/confrontation.
It took me just a moment to figure out what you meant by remote parking partner
I would have said something about him owning a poor-man's porsche

Anyway, I'm neurotic about parking far away too. I don't mind walking further. More calories burned + protecting the resale value of an already depreciating investment = win-win. I'm just glad my wife feels the same way too

Old 09-06-2009, 11:03 AM
5 Year Member
Yeah east coasters are @holes too. I would love to have a Tazer like security system on my Fit. One touch and you are flopping like a fish out of water. The lawsuits would kill me though,but it would teach some people to respect others property. Glad there wasn't any damage. Try mounting Danger High Voltage industrial signs in the windows when you park,maybe that will keep em off your Fit.

ProMark - browser

PaFitter

Old 09-06-2009, 11:04 AM
5 Year Member
Carry a cheap digital camera in your car for situations like this. Take pictures of the people involved (don't be afraid to get up in their face personal like) and get pictures of their car. Be sure that you make it obvious that you're getting a good shot of their license plate.

Old 09-06-2009, 11:30 AM
5 Year Member
this is why i am soooooooooooooooo anal about where i park. it's usually in a remote location of the parking lot that is still safe. i even watch how the parking lot is sloped so there is less chance of a grocery cart hitting my car.

i figure the extra walk is good for my health, and i like to look at my car as i walk up to it

Quick Reply: I Can't Believe People