2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

suggestions for body side moldings

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2009, 12:48 PM
5 Year Member
suggestions for body side moldings

I have the Blue Sensation 09 Sport, and I'm thinking of installing body side moldings. I really don't like the looks of the Honda OEM moldings, nor the price. I did a search, but did not find much info except some pictures of the OEM moldings. Did anyone install custom/aftermarket/non-OEM side moldings? Pictures and product details wanted. Since my car is a color thats difficult to match, and suggestions there? Maybe black? thanks

Old 10-07-2009, 06:29 PM
5 Year Member
found this today...anyone have them?
Honda Fit Wide Body Side Molding

Old 10-07-2009, 06:44 PM
5 Year Member
I can only comment on the OE ones, they are pretty nice, a lot nicer in person...they make the car look faster! between that and the type R badges I almost beilieve I have 5 extra horses.

seriously though the quality is pretty good...

Old 10-07-2009, 09:42 PM
5 Year Member
I do NOT like the wide ones. Not my style at all. I find it interesting that, unless I'm mistaken, many here don't have the BSM installed. It was the first thing I was going to do myself, but I've been lazy about it now- and the car looks great without them too. The biggest reason I haven't done it yet is that the Fit is relatively skinny in a parking space. If you park it centered well, you can be a decent distance away from other car doors. It's a gamble I know, and I will install them- the OEM's which I think look great. But if the Fit was as wide as most vehicles, I wouldn't have waited at all. It still amazes me that Honda figured out to make the occupants feel like they're in a full size car, and then when you get out and take a look at it- it's truly a sub compact! Wild!

Btw- BSM color and style is a personal preference. Me- I would stick with the matching OEM's for the car color. Mix and match- nah. But, everybody's different. Good luck.

Dan

Last edited by Shockwave199; 10-07-2009 at 09:46 PM.
Old 10-07-2009, 10:10 PM
found this today...anyone have them?
Honda Fit Wide Body Side Molding
Those look like they are on a GD, not a GE. I Think it might be hard to deal with the curvature of the inset of the door.

Old 10-07-2009, 10:31 PM
5 Year Member
You're going to have to search a bit, it's either in this forum or the general Fit talk forum, but somebody found some non OEM ones that were a silvery grey color, and nearly matched his SSM, at least I think those were the colors.

I believe, but not positive, they were around $50.

Maybe I just imagined the whole thing

Edit - Meh, nevermind, it was bumper guards, and a TWB fit
https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/2nd-...fit-sport.html

Last edited by Krizz; 10-07-2009 at 10:42 PM.
Old 10-07-2009, 10:38 PM
There are some real advantages to the OEM type; they look good, they fitr well, and they are easy to install. The templates make it pretty much a fool proof job.
I've installed generic moldings in the past; getting 'em straight with a chalk line is no fun at all.
Moon

Old 10-08-2009, 01:03 PM
Im in the same boat as you, i have a 09 BSP sport as well and want some side moldings. My office parking lot is full of douches who have no regard for other peoples cars and they will slam their doors into yours without hesitation. So heres what I've found...

there are these, they are zeta:
Honda Fit Body Side Molding

Those are on a GD but they have a drop down where you can get them for a 2009/2010, not sure if it would just be the same set and then directions would have you place them properly for a GE or what. They look nice, a little too long though if you ask me. Right now its either these, the wide ones from zeta or OEM molding. At first I didnt like the shortness of the OEM but it has def grown on me and Ive heard very good things about them and they are color matched to BSP. Also its OEM so cant go wrong!

I hope this helps! I have been doing a lot of research on the moldings as well and that's my 2 cents!

Old 10-08-2009, 02:38 PM
5 Year Member
Thanks all for the suggestions. Both the small and wide Zeta BSM are painted to match the vehicle color, if that's your choice. And I don't wish to mix with a different color. I may do some more consideration of the Honda OEM moldings.