2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Injen CAI Install/Review

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2009, 03:29 PM
Injen CAI Install/Review

To preface, I was one of the early adopters of the PRM short ram intake as seen here:
https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/2nd-...tml#post679266

I purchased an Injen CAI recently though, and am happy to say that it is a really nice setup.

Install was pretty easy. Remove the bumper first

The horn for the alarm/locking/unlocking is relocated and a rubber vibration mount is installed

The PCV hard line is removed and the lines simply connect directly to their respective locations.

After that install is really simple. Here are more pics:

As you can see the filter is located under the driver side headlight in the void behind the bumper.

I really like this intake!

It seems to be the perfect blend between the stock intake box and the PRM. It feels more free breathing than stock, the motor revving towards redline with more gusto, though not quite as well as with the PRM.

It does however, seem to provide a meatier midrange than both stock and the PRM, a definite plus considering the modest power output of our motors and the hilly are in which I live.

Sound wise the car is much quieter than the PRM. The PRM was quite when cruising, but any time there was some throttle input, it was louder than stock. Not necessarily a bad sound, but louder. The Injen is has more bass, a deeper tone, and really only gets louder than stock when the car is on cam, regardless of throttle input.

Sound wise, the PRM offers more of an F1 scream while then Injen is more like a sports car rumble.

The best part for me, being in Cali, is that it is stamped with a CARB E0 number, though I assume it's approval is still pending as it isn't listed on the CARB site. St least there's one there should an officer decide to take notice.

Again I really like this intake, great quality, sound, and though not quantified by me, seemingly good performance.

Last edited by pilosopo; 10-23-2009 at 01:00 PM.
Old 10-11-2009, 06:03 PM
5 Year Member
buying your prm intake

hey i live in toronto canada
ive jsut read ur injen intake
and i was wondering how much would u sell ur prm for?
and could u tell me how much shipping woudl be as well?
thx

Old 10-11-2009, 06:07 PM
injen does really make great stuff. i prefer them to AEM. i had one on my previous VW VR6 and it sounded awesome, especially if you shift in just the right way. i don't think i'll be doing any "performance" mods on my fit this time around, though.

Old 03-26-2011, 01:37 PM
I'm looking to buy the Injen CAI for my '11, but the prices are all over the place. Where is the best place to buy it from?

I've never heard of most of the sites I find selling it, and that worries me a little.

Old 03-29-2011, 11:11 AM
Sorry to double post, but I wanted to make an update.

E-bay seems to be the safest, and cheapest, place to buy this intake. I just ordered one in Black for $240 shipped.

Old 03-29-2011, 07:36 PM
Originally Posted by Schoat333
I'm looking to buy the Injen CAI for my '11, but the prices are all over the place. Where is the best place to buy it from?

I've never heard of most of the sites I find selling it, and that worries me a little.

Whichever is cheaper. Usually Auto Accessories & Aftermarket Parts at AutoAnything | Truck Accessories & Car Accessories | Floor Mats, Tonneau Covers & Car Covers