2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.

no more honda care warranty online

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2009, 11:43 AM
5 Year Member
no more honda care warranty online

fyi, if you are thinking about buying a honda care warranty online, you better do it before the end of the month. the saccucci website indicates that honda is going to implement their internet guidelines and forbid all online sales starting november 1. honda care plans are also available online from college hills honda and other online dealers.

i bought one of these a few months ago when i bought my fit. i have not had to use it yet, so i cannot comment too much on it, but i can say that the online price was substantially better than what local dealers offer. the paperwork all looks legit and came from the honda office in torrence, california.

Old 10-16-2009, 02:10 PM
Sorry to see this. I used this as leverage to save significant $$ in negotiating an extended warranty with my local dealer. I would have bought online if dealer hadn't come close to matching their aggressive pricing. Thanks for the heads up, sorry to see Honda taking this stance...

Old 10-16-2009, 03:16 PM
5 Year Member
Thanks for the update. I was planning to think about it some more, but I best hurry up and make up my mind .

EDIT: Well, I decided to go for it... 8 years/100k. Thanks again for the heads up!

Last edited by clicq; 10-16-2009 at 09:38 PM.
Old 10-16-2009, 04:51 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by ds61761
fyi, if you are thinking about buying a honda care warranty online, you better do it before the end of the month. the saccucci website indicates that honda is going to implement their internet guidelines and forbid all online sales starting november 1. honda care plans are also available online from college hills honda and other online dealers.

i bought one of these a few months ago when i bought my fit. i have not had to use it yet, so i cannot comment too much on it, but i can say that the online price was substantially better than what local dealers offer. the paperwork all looks legit and came from the honda office in torrence, california.
Go to Majestic Honda before Nov 01.

Old 10-16-2009, 11:57 PM
5 Year Member
Honda Care still creeps me out. Locking yourself into this contract means locking yourself into the maintenance schedule for every freakin thing the manual says- at a dealership no less. Look how many varying opinions there are about one thing- when to change the break in oil! There's no way I'm gonna be able to hold out with that one- I'll be changing it short of the recommended time. Bing, breech of contract! Didn't rotate your tires? Bing, breech of contract! Third party parts for anything along the way- like an oil change at your local mechanic instead of the dealership? Bing, breech of contract! My mechanic has proven himself to be excellent. My car breaks, he fixes it and the problem actually stays fixed. I'm gonna blindly trust a dealership mechanic? No chance I could do that. This is a money making contract, pure and simple. There's a lot of money in 'what if'. And a lot of people operate under the fear of what if. Goody goody, rub hands together. It's a Honda for cripes sakes! It's less likely the car will break down than the likelyhood of Honda Care actually making good on a claim. They don't have that contract full of provisions for nothing.

This is absolutely ONLY MY opinion. If Honda Care makes you sleep better at night, you did a great thing getting it. If my Fit breaks down to spite me, I got what was coming to me and you can all say HAHA. I don't think that will happen though. In fact, I'm banking on the cost of Honda Care it doesn't. If I'm gonna toss money at something, it'll be more insurance coverage. THERE'S where the real risks are out on the roads.

Dan

Last edited by Shockwave199; 10-17-2009 at 12:05 AM.