2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My poor baby got hurt.

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2010, 11:32 AM
My poor baby got hurt.

I was at a dead stop in a left turn lane at a stop light when I hear a screech and a smash. I look to my right and my side mirror was dangling by the electrical wire, my little window was all scuffed up and I was afraid to see what else had been done.

So I pulled over to exchange insurance, call the police and assess the damage. Not. Pretty. My tire had a nice gash in the outer wall (it wasn't a full on puncture and there was no air loss, but it wasn't good) my wheel covers were all scratched up, a nice scratch above my rear passenger taillight, some damage to the paint on the body from where the side mirror hit and ultimately scratched (with the glass and everything too), a dent, some damage to the bumpers and then some.

I was the one that got the least amount of damage (the guy hit me and someone else). No one was hurt, but my poor little Jeepy Junior was not happy.

Over $1500 worth of damage (again, could have been so much worse) and the car doesn't even have 6000 miles on it.

I hope to get it back today, as this Chevy Cobalt the rental company gave me is NOT cutting it at all. Haha.

Anyone else have any unfortunate experiences with their little friends?

Old 04-01-2010, 02:14 PM
5 Year Member
I had a similar experience. But I was driving my wife's Honda Pilot. Only got scratches on the rear quarter panel and wheel. But it still cost close to $1000 to fix. If I was driving my Fit, damage will definitely be more extensive.

Old 04-01-2010, 03:48 PM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member
yah, ive been hit in my FitS with about 1600 in damage on the front passenger side fender.

also when i had a brand new civic EX i was hit in the parking lot by a UPS truck $980 in damage. had no more than 670miles on the odo. i wasn't even in the car. the truck with a newb driver just backed into my car.

Old 07-06-2010, 03:49 PM
Originally Posted by ShaylaRCakes
So I pulled over to exchange insurance, call the police and assess the damage. Not. Pretty. My tire had a nice gash in the outer wall (it wasn't a full on puncture and there was no air loss, but it wasn't good) my wheel covers were all scratched up, a nice scratch above my rear passenger taillight, some damage to the paint on the body from where the side mirror hit and ultimately scratched (with the glass and everything too), a dent, some damage to the bumpers and then some.
sorry to hear that. What did you do about the tire?

Old 07-07-2010, 07:29 PM
5 Year Member
I seem to have a knack for getting rear ended while at a full stop. Always just sitting there ans *WHAM!*

Rear-ended twice in my old Cavalier, and passenger's side door backed into in a parking lot (that was a nice surprise after work. they left a note though).

Rear-ended twice in my Fit. The first one was square on the bumper and just a little scuff (didn't worry about getting it fixed and the teenager that hit me was very grateful). The second time was an SUV hitting the bottom of the hatch and part of the bumper. That was $1200 in damage.