2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

JKSKRN's 1/4 time research

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2010, 09:32 AM
5 Year Member
The 19 sec run was due to my damn ADD... And the second one was just not pushing gas hard enough. But yeah I am happy that I got almost 17 sec even (it was like 17.02 or something like that). Someone told me that the Mugen grill actually help directing the air straight to the stock air tunel that's attached under the hood to give more fresh air (i'm not gonna say cold air cuz I will NEVER get cold air here in FL lol). So that "should" help a bit with that PRM's filter location. The weather is gonna be great next Wednesday (around high 50's) here in Orlando so if the PRM intake myth is true then I should get something like mid 16's according to my calculation.

Old 04-15-2010, 01:16 PM
subscribed for curiosity. Interested to see if the PRM will make a difference.
I've noticed 89-93 makes the engine run smoother. Maybe not faster but def. smoother.

Old 04-15-2010, 01:32 PM
5 Year Member
I don't know about smoother but my Fit is making this "whistle" noise (like I have a K&N drop in filter or something) whenever I touch the gas padal. I was like WTF in the begining, but it sounds pretty cool so I'm happy now lol. Also I was doing about 32mpg with 87 but now I'm getting about 34mpg doing almost the same driving. So I guess extra $0.25 per gallon is worth extra 2mpg avg.

Old 04-15-2010, 02:06 PM
5 Year Member
You should get a sponsorship from 'cause if you get mid 16's I'd buy one as soon as I could.

Old 04-15-2010, 02:31 PM
5 Year Member
Y? r u starting the sponsorship Lyon?

Old 04-15-2010, 03:05 PM
5 Year Member
I have PRM's first version(a bit longer) intake and I really like the sound, also noticed a MPG increase, but would be very curious to see if you gain power form it. It certainly does feel peppier than stock.

plus reps, and a sub for your hard work.

Old 04-16-2010, 12:31 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by jkskrn
The 19 sec run was due to my damn ADD... And the second one was just not pushing gas hard enough. But yeah I am happy that I got almost 17 sec even (it was like 17.02 or something like that). Someone told me that the Mugen grill actually help directing the air straight to the stock air tunel that's attached under the hood to give more fresh air (i'm not gonna say cold air cuz I will NEVER get cold air here in FL lol). So that "should" help a bit with that PRM's filter location. The weather is gonna be great next Wednesday (around high 50's) here in Orlando so if the PRM intake myth is true then I should get something like mid 16's according to my calculation.
ADD yeah, join the club
Upon Tork's extensive studies, he thinks the Mugen grill is more aerodynamic. It is flush, smoother, smaller opening etc.

You sir are a cool enough guy to enjoy this factoid about the Mercedes E Class Coupe (slickest production car in the world, .24 cd)

To reduce aerodynamic drag, there is an all-new electro-pneumatically controlled grille closure shutter. Its development is based on the knowledge that the air flowing through the radiator and the engine compartment accounts for up to ten percent of a car body's total aerodynamic drag. The fan shutter allows the engine's cooling air quantity to be limited in line with requirements, thus saving fuel. In essence, this means that, when the engine is running under part load and requires relatively little cooling, the radiator grille is closed by a circular system of louvers located behind the radiator. For minimum cooling, the shutter allows just a small amount of residual air to enter the engine compartment, but opens completely when the sensors signal that more cooling air is required.

When the fan shutter is closed, the Cd falls by 0.013, which is equivalent to a fuel saving of up to 2% when travelling at 80 mph. The fan shutter is fitted as standard on the four-cylinder models and on the E 350 CGI BlueEFFICIENCY Coupe.
Despite being ADD stricken as well, I enjoyed the entire article linked below.

Mercedes E-Class Coupe – Slickest production vehicle in the world - CleanMPG Forums

Old 04-17-2010, 12:50 PM
5 Year Member
Thanks alot Tork for the warm welcome to the ADD club Yeah, I gotta say that E350 is a one sick looking car... I've been a Bimmer person since they launched E46 M3, but seeing those Mercedes makes me wanna buy one And yeah, I hope the Mugen grill helps cuz it kinda expensive for a piece of plastic. lol Anyhow, my shopping for the Fit is almost done. Grill and PRM intake are gonna be here on coming tuesday and the HKS exhaust should be here in less than 2 weeks. I CAN'T WAIT!!! lol

Old 04-17-2010, 01:40 PM
Nothing against the OP but just a statement because I just don't see any point of taking the Fit into the drag strip just to see 16 seconds plus in a 1/4mile. I don't race but I think taking the Fit to the drag strip alone is embarrassing and getting 16+ is more embarrassing. We all know that the Fit is not a drag car unless you make it a drag car. Just my opinion.

Old 04-17-2010, 02:13 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Black01
Nothing against the OP but just a statement because I just don't see any point of taking the Fit into the drag strip just to see 16 seconds plus in a 1/4mile. I don't race but I think taking the Fit to the drag strip alone is embarrassing and getting 16+ is more embarrassing. We all know that the Fit is not a drag car unless you make it a drag car. Just my opinion.
I totally agree with u about running 17 sec car on a 1/4 mile drag strip is embarrassing, but I decided to do this because I can't really afford 10+ dyno runs which is about $75 per run compares to $15 per day at a 1/4 mile track. When I had my supercharged low 13 sec Z4 3.0i about a year ago people still biaaatched about how slow my car was there so I don't really care about what people say about my Fit I think it's not how fast u r at the track, it's how passionate about what u drive at the track. Plus I just started something new at the track ever sice I ran with my Fit. I see more stock slow cars on the track than before thanks to me lol Lastly, I get kick out of saying "I might be slow but my car is still running after 1/4 mile runs!" to people who have 12 sec car and break down on the side of the track lol

Old 04-17-2010, 07:32 PM
I doubt I will ever take my fit to the track but I do have a gtech to measure 1/4 and 0-60. Its pretty accurate for what it is, usually within a .10.
To the OP you might want to consider a gtech also. That way you wont have to wait on the track to open. Just find a country road and test all you want.

Last edited by srad2drag; 04-17-2010 at 07:36 PM.
Old 04-17-2010, 08:29 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by srad2drag
I doubt I will ever take my fit to the track but I do have a gtech to measure 1/4 and 0-60. Its pretty accurate for what it is, usually within a .10.
To the OP you might want to consider a gtech also. That way you wont have to wait on the track to open. Just find a country road and test all you want.
Actually I thought about getting one of those. Looks cool and people said they WORK, but I just don't want to deal with chances of getting tickets doing it and getting into an accident with someone on the road... Sorry, that's just me

Old 04-17-2010, 10:04 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by jkskrn
Actually I thought about getting one of those. Looks cool and people said they WORK, but I just don't want to deal with chances of getting tickets doing it and getting into an accident with someone on the road... Sorry, that's just me

Good boy

Old 04-18-2010, 07:59 AM
5 Year Member
A post like that should get you banned from this forum.

To be encouraging someone, who is already doing it the right way at the track, to do illegal street drag is just wrong.

Old 04-18-2010, 09:33 AM
5 Year Member
Smile

Originally Posted by Virtual

To be encouraging someone, who is already doing it the right way at the track, to do illegal street drag is just wrong.
Hey there, slow down just a second... sradtodrag wasn't encouraging any kind of illegal racing but suggesting that jkskrn might benefit from using a G Tech tool to measure acceleration times on rural roads with little traffic. Whenever I do a performance modification I accelerate from 30 MPH starting at a gated driveway to the next one and glance at my speedometer to see if there is an improvement.....I find that it is easier on the drive train and tires doing it this way.

Old 04-18-2010, 09:36 AM

Whatever dude..I thought street racing was with another vehicle..Get a clue and report back..

Old 04-18-2010, 10:38 AM
5 Year Member
Calm down people I'm not doing this to make people argue with others I respect other people's ideas such as doing it old fasion ways. I learned my lesson driving fast on the street getting 7 tickets, 3 big accidents and paying $200+/month for insurance. I don't judge people who street race because there are people who actually do it safely (?) and know some of good group of people here in Orlando. But always there are idiots who go over the line and do stupid stuff to make every street racers look bad. Anyhow, my goal here is simple. I see everyone doing dyno runs to see how much HP they gain with the typical GE8 add-ons, but I don't see anyone actually put that on the surface to see if those HP gain actually noticeable. Again, there are many ways to do this, but I am doing my way cuz I have this option avalialbe around my house and don't mind spending a little money. (Hope I can get some kind of sponsorship doing this like Lyon said lol) ANYWAY, sorry to being a trouble and didn't meant to stir up a nice forum Those who are ready to see another output, come back on early Thursday morning and I'll have the result posted Thanks guys!!!

Old 04-18-2010, 11:16 AM
5 Year Member
Whatever dude..I thought street racing was with another vehicle..Get a clue and report back..
I never said "street racing". I said "illegal street drag" and I didn't mention another car. If my wording was unclear then sorry.

1/4 mile acceleration tests on public roads isn't legal and shouldn't be encouraged in this forum.

Old 04-18-2010, 11:18 AM
5 Year Member
I have been enjoying how positive and supportive this thread has been.... Most of the time on this type of thread there is someone that will start boasting about how slow a Fit is and compare it to a car with a larger engine and loaded with modifications.... I really like it when someone that can drive consistently and articulate well is willing to share his experiences intelligently and evaluate the benefits of modifications and performance products.... The fact that the car being used is an automatic and the driver is not using the paddles adds credibility to the results of the evaluations..... Taking these things into consideration I think that someone that had a product that they wanted a real world evaluation of instead of a graph from a dyno run to post would do well to take advantage of a thread like this one as a marketing tool.

Old 04-18-2010, 01:59 PM
I never said "street racing". I said "illegal street drag" and I didn't mention another car. If my wording was unclear then sorry.

1/4 mile acceleration tests on public roads isn't legal and shouldn't be encouraged in this forum.
Well insisting that I should be banned for giving the op another option was a bit harsh..

Hey Op, I may go out and find a "air strip" and do some testing to compare my times to yours.

Quick Reply: JKSKRN's 1/4 time research