2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Honda Fit, Accident Magnet?

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2010, 12:56 AM
5 Year Member
Accident magnet, yes! I've had so many close calls, luckily not close enough. My old car never had such incidents so often. The Fit also attracts road rage, mainly from suvs.

Old 04-20-2010, 08:27 AM
5 Year Member
I'm tellin' you, man, bad juju. BAD JUJU!!!

Old 04-20-2010, 10:29 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Shockwave199
Look at it this way- your chances of being rear ended again have gone down dramatically now!
I think the odds remain the same as before.

Old 04-20-2010, 07:03 PM
here's an accident for you:

ready to cry?

Old 04-21-2010, 12:33 PM
5 Year Member
I nearly became the meat in a SUV/Semi "sandwich" yesterday... lady in the SUV decided to change lanes w/o signaling or looking in her mirrors....I hit the horn (and the wife wondered why I tossed out the stock "meep meep horn & put in the Wolo air horn...)swerved a llittle to the right... oops.. semi in that lane....
No damage to anyone but I think I got a few more grey hairs & nearly had to go back home for a change of pants....

Old 04-23-2010, 04:43 AM
5 Year Member
It pisses me off that the PIT maneuver is considered deadly force becuase if it was just a misdomeanor there would be alot of SUVs on the side of the road.

Old 04-25-2010, 09:30 PM
5 Year Member
we'll, I'll join the club. Stopped a a intersection, watched the lady creep up on me while she was digging for something in her seat. slight crease in the hatchback.

She commented several times that it was minor and that in Boston nobody reports these things.

I am going to get my fit fixed, at her cost!!! little dent or not!!

Old 04-26-2010, 11:06 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Roger's Fit
we'll, I'll join the club. Stopped a a intersection, watched the lady creep up on me while she was digging for something in her seat. slight crease in the hatchback.
She commented several times that it was minor and that in Boston nobody reports these things.
I am going to get my fit fixed, at her cost!!! little dent or not!!
The other thing you might consider (at your own risk of course) is to get a few estimates and give her the opportunity to pay you cash for it to avoid adding an accident on both of your records. In California anyway, any damage over $750 has to be reported to the DMV by law, and an accident will show up on your carfax (reduces your cars value too).

Old 04-26-2010, 11:16 PM
5 Year Member
Arrrgh!!! Nearly happened AGAIN!!! This time I was in the far right lane getting ready to take my exit when (again, a woman driver) decides to try to move into the lane. I was not in her blind spot, we were side by side!!! Didn't hit me, and at least she acted embarrassed.
BTW not all women drivers are like this... the wife has had racing school and is a better driver than I am...

Old 05-03-2010, 12:16 AM
5 Year Member
Wife got rear-ended on the new 09 Fit this past week. Fit is definitely an accident magnet. Our first accident in 25 years (first one ever, at that). Woman driver probably distracted, but who won't admit it...

It was a large tall SUV... damaged the entire rear door, and entire bumper. Looks like the side panels are untouched... the 'tub' where the spare tire sits is deformed and folded... this is going to cost money.

Old 05-03-2010, 01:11 AM
5 Year Member
I am seriously getting PO'd at SUV's... & their drivers. Had another one try to change lanes into me tonight!!!! Once again, right beside them, not in the blind spot. Is the Fit the ultimate stealth car????

Old 05-03-2010, 04:28 PM
5 Year Member
Is CarStar a decent rapair shop, or should I avoid?

Old 05-03-2010, 04:34 PM
5 Year Member
A woman in an SUV tried an unsignaled lane switch on us a few weeks ago; my wife hit the air horn, and the other driver jerked the car back into her own lane. Smaller the car, bigger the horn.

Old 05-03-2010, 05:24 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by justintime
the 'tub' where the spare tire sits is deformed and folded... this is going to cost money.
uh you might have some frame alignment issues....make sure they check it out completely...here it would be a complete write off and you would get a new Fit.

Old 05-04-2010, 12:17 AM
5 Year Member
My Fit has been hit from behind 3 times since March. I have post traumatic stress syndrome every time I look in the rear view mirror at stop lights. I have had to totally quit looking or I panic. This last time I was hit in a parking lot and no one owned up to it. I swear big trucks and SUV's just want to get as close as possible, either to intimidate or identify I am not sure which. I drove my last car for 10 years and it was not hit once.

Old 05-04-2010, 12:54 AM
5 Year Member
looks like its just the bumper. haha just post a WTB for a bumper and fix it yourself! that's what i did! and get the insurance to give you the money to fix it. cheap solution!

Old 05-09-2010, 10:19 PM
5 Year Member
Nah, the frame crunched at the rear center... but that's it... the frame area will be drilled off and new piece put on OEM. The frame suffered little damage fortunately.

Originally Posted by bmxman
uh you might have some frame alignment issues....make sure they check it out completely...here it would be a complete write off and you would get a new Fit.

Old 05-11-2010, 01:46 PM
5 Year Member
Owned my FIT only 12 days, and it got sideswiped in the front left bumper while it was parked. I got lucky: 1) It was only the bumper and no metal. 2) Lady that hit me was nice enough to leave me a note with insurance information. Cost to repair was around $500

Old 05-12-2010, 04:47 AM
5 Year Member
I swear sometimes I think after the clear coat, the Fit is painted with an additional Invisibility Coat (TM). Yesterday I was driving in the far left lane of a three-lane road, cruising along, when some idiot in a Ford Focus made a right on red onto the road; that would have been fine, if he had stayed in either the far right or middle lanes, which were empty, but he just kept driving diagonally leftward directly toward the side of my car!!

If I wasn't good at evasive maneuvers, that would have been an accident. And I was beeping all the way, WITH my new louder Accord horn! He was just in his own world until suddenly he saw me as I swerved to avoid him and had the nerve to flip ME off as if I had just magically appeared and hadn't been cruising in the lane in that very spot the whole time. What is with that?

Old 05-12-2010, 05:02 AM
5 Year Member
Fit is fixed and looks great. Shop even did me a favor and touched up some rock chips and gave me an extra coat of clear on the front to slow down the rock chips.

Quick Reply: Honda Fit, Accident Magnet?