2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.

Nerdiest Mod Ever

Old 11-09-2010, 09:30 AM
I went matching yellows with mine

Old 11-09-2010, 02:28 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by annunC8
LMAO!

Oh man, better watch those kinds of posts/comments these days... what with all of the "overly sensitive" types dominating entire societies! (especially in what used to be America... that is before the candy-@$$3d, politically-correct, thought, dream, action and speech police weirdos invaded our space)

Whatever! You know what they used to say, " _ _ _ _ 'em if they can't take a joke"!

Although, I'll bet you got some real strange looks from that bumper sticker. Then again, you live in Texas... maybe not!
During the 1984 republican convention in Dallas I had a couple of stickers that pissed off a lot of the delegates. Like "The Moral Majority is neither" and " Abort The Moral Majority".. There were others similar to those that I can't remember.... I was pissed off and angry in those days and enjoyed confrontations.... The influences of that period in history have resulted in a more corrupt government that is controlled by the greed of groups that we will never hear of directly and the end result will be a new era of serfdom.

Old 11-09-2010, 02:40 PM
Originally Posted by Texas Coyote
During the 1984 republican convention in Dallas I had a couple of stickers that pissed off a lot of the delegates. Like "The Moral Majority is neither" and " Abort The Moral Majority".. There were others similar to those that I can't remember.... I was pissed off and angry in those days and enjoyed confrontations.... The influences of that period in history have resulted in a more corrupt government that is controlled by the greed of groups that we will never hear of directly and the end result will be a new era of serfdom.

I'd like to subscribe to your newsletter!

Old 11-09-2010, 03:00 PM
5 Year Member
I normally post things of the sort of my last post on another forum.... Sometimes I tend to become lost and the intrusives thoughts of my behavior from days gone by are liable to end up places where they really don't belong.... Living where I do and being a free thinker that questions things that don't appear to be quite right can be dangerous, like I have been determined to be by those that are quick to label people....

Old 11-09-2010, 03:20 PM
Back in the 80s I had the ultimate protest sticker on a VW Rabbit " Nuke A Gay Commie Whale For Jesus".

The fuck? You strike me as someone who has done a lot of drugs in his day.

Old 11-09-2010, 04:19 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by gd3vbp
Everybody was high in the seventies and eighties. How do you think we have gotten where we are as a nation?... I don't think people would have allowed greed to control them in the eighties if it wasn't for the need to acquire cocaine so they could work harder so they could buy more coke so they could play harder and have a good time if it killed them..... Drugs that open peoples minds are a threat to the powers that be and why cannabis is never going to be legalized, that and the fact that people at the top are making a killing on both sides of Nixon's declared war.... The only debilitating drugs other than alcohol that I've ingested have been supplied by the V.A. due to service connected injuries sustained in training and while on vacation in the northwest corner of South Vietnam as a Marine... History books never tell it like it really was until someone is willing to ruffle feathers years later after a lot of digging for facts...Most people my age weren't concerned with much more than acquiring material items and bought into the lies... I guess I really shouldn't have had that second pot of coffee...

Old 11-09-2010, 04:34 PM
Everybody was high in the seventies and eighties. How do you think we have gotten where we are as a nation?... I don't think people would have allowed greed to control them in the eighties if it wasn't for the need to acquire cocaine so they could work harder so they could buy more coke so they could play harder and have a good time if it killed them..... Drugs that open peoples minds are a threat to the powers that be and why cannabis is never going to be legalized, that and the fact that people at the top are making a killing on both sides of Nixon's declared war.... The only debilitating drugs other than alcohol that I've ingested have been supplied by the V.A. due to service connected injuries sustained in training and while on vacation in the northwest corner of South Vietnam as a Marine... History books never tell it like it really was until someone is willing to ruffle feathers years later after a lot of digging for facts...Most people my age weren't concerned with much more than acquiring material items and bought into the lies... I guess I really shouldn't have had that second pot of coffee...
I like you, but you're crazy...

Old 11-09-2010, 04:43 PM
5 Year Member
Yes I am, 100% according to the V.A. but it took six out of eighteen months of living on a psychiatric unit after years of outpatient treatment and tons of medication before they officially acknowledged it..... Would a normal 60 year old man that has to use a cane to get around install a supercharger on a Honda Fit and hang out on this forum? I really like the dog, my tractor is bigger than that one but not by much but I messed it up when I turned it over in a washout and it stayed there for a year. The engine seized up, I might get a new one some day but my dog won't get to drive it.

Last edited by Texas Coyote; 11-09-2010 at 04:50 PM.
Old 11-10-2010, 01:18 AM
5 Year Member
I like you, but you're crazy...
Lol nice Old School reference with bonus relevant .gif!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yr0_iCohyhw

Last edited by reako; 11-10-2010 at 01:24 AM.
Old 11-10-2010, 03:47 PM
5 Year Member
I don't know about drugs, but I think everyone (regardless of who they are and what their "thing" happens to be) needs to lighten up a little, laugh at themselves [again] every once in awhile, and stop being so up-tight about everything.

Coyote's obviously from an era not so long ago when everyone made fun of everyone at some point... not viciously or seriously, but all in good fun. No one was so ultra-sensitive they felt they had to walk on ice regarding everything they did or said.

I don't remember men being so "sensitive" and as "emotionally-dependent" as they are now! Guess it's that "Metro-Sexual" thing. Lol!

Can't even watch a football game anymore without someone getting penalized for "hitting" too hard! I look for the NFL to go two-hand touch within a few years now. "No more of that tackling... it's just too violent." Can't even eat a McDonalds burger anymore without someone trying to ban them, or up in your face about fat content.

Guess the feminization of society is finally taking over!

As for Coyote... if you can't tell he's just playing around, then he sure had me fooled!

I think we all need to lighten up.

Last edited by annunC8; 11-10-2010 at 03:53 PM.
Old 11-10-2010, 04:02 PM
5 Year Member
I think we just halted some of that corruption last Tuesday! Governmental "gridlock" is going to be such a wonderful thing!

If the idiots are fighting each other then they can't "get anything done"... which means they can't do any more damage to "we the people"!

I LOVE it!

Old 11-10-2010, 04:30 PM
Super Moderator
that's a nice simple mod that real cleans up the car. I got the chrome bulbs in my tail lights.

Tex some times I forget that your 60. You have to be probable the coolest 60 year old I know of, I mean I cant think of any others driving around in a boosted Fit or hanging out on a car forum

Old 11-10-2010, 05:44 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by MNfit
that's a nice simple mod that real cleans up the car. I got the chrome bulbs in my tail lights.

Tex some times I forget that your 60. You have to be probable the coolest 60 year old I know of, I mean I cant think of any others driving around in a boosted Fit or hanging out on a car forum
Being 60 and having overdone things when I was younger has wrecked my body to the extent that I have had to take pain medication for years and that is messing me up in numerous ways... It wasn't all that many years ago that I could jump on a motorcycle and ride 2 or 3 thousand miles sleeping in state parks a cheap motels for a day or 2 and ride for 30 or so hours before finding a place to crash... At the rate my health is declining I am wondering if I am going to be able to keep messing with my car at all.. I think I may end up having to get an old man car but I will keep the Fit for late night runs on back roads.

Old 11-10-2010, 05:55 PM
ecl
5 Year Member
haha, this is a pretty cool thread. Also I really like the yellow bulbs! I might get a pair of something like that someday. Right now I have white leds up in the corners

Old 11-10-2010, 06:11 PM
5 Year Member
What is going to be a lot of fun for all of you younger guys is when you are older and able to nostalgically think back about the things that people are now doing to their cars and how many styling trends have come and gone.... What in the hell were people into in the days before automobiles that could have absorbed them in the same way we are absorbed by what we and others have done and are doing to their cars?.... My wife is a real pain a lot of the time but she is understanding about a man's infatuation with cars or motorcycles.

Old 11-10-2010, 06:27 PM
5 Year Member
I just painted mine sliver, it still flashes through...and doesnt reflect orange...cheap easy and you dont have extra bulbs layin around.

https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/2nd-...-mods-fit.html

Last edited by Stormtrooper; 11-10-2010 at 06:34 PM.
Old 11-25-2010, 05:14 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by hayden
Subtle changes make big differences when combined. I think the front end of my Fit looks surprisingly clean, and then I remember I put the chrome ambers in there. Visually, that orange dot isn't doing anything for the design. I left the front ones for the turn signals because they aren't as bright as amber - ever.

added bulbs:
Hi there, do you have a part number for those bulbs? Thank you.

Old 02-16-2011, 11:29 AM
Well i just got done doing this mod the other day. I ordered them from the local honda dealer as they were not a stock item. The guy at the counter said he had never ordered them or stocked them before. To me they were very easy to do. Less than 5 minutes from start to finish.

BEFORE

AFTER

Old 02-16-2011, 12:23 PM
5 Year Member
dang the one close to me at school is out till tomorrow since its a normal stock item price 4.50

the honda dealer i got my fit at has them but i wont be home till friday. also 4.50

any genuine bulb replacement for the top bulb on the headlights.

Old 04-14-2011, 06:08 AM
Originally Posted by rhyneba
Chrome front turn signal bulbs. OEM Gen-you-wine HONDA bulbs, part number 33301- SZ3-003 from the Pilot. Chrome when off, amber when on, legal.

The flash from my cell phone makes the bulb glow yellow out the back, sorry about the quality but cell phones are only but so good.

B
Thanks for the info on these bulbs.
After (twice) getting the wrong chrome bulbs from a well known LED/bulb dealer, I was pleased to get something that actually worked.

These OEM bulbs look great, they really clean up the front end. No more "egg yolk" in the housing. The brightness is still very good. In fact, I can't see any difference between the stock bulbs and these.

I also installed some chrome running light bulbs in the blisters. This cleaned up the front end and got rid of the yellow zits.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Nerdiest Mod Ever