2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Traction control...retrofit to 2010 Fit Sport?

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2010, 03:43 PM
You mean those irresponsible people who might, say, crash into YOU?

I really don't think most people will drive more recklessly because their car's safer. Because most people aren't thinking about safety equipment, they're just driving the same way they've always driven.

I'm not driving faster because my new car has more airbags than the old one, and didn't drive the old one faster than the one before that due to airbags and ABS.

Safety equipment saves us money and saves lives.

Old 12-24-2010, 03:47 PM
Lightbulb

Originally Posted by MNfit
all 2012 cars in the US will have to have some kind of traction control
I dont see why you would even need traction control on a Fit.
Well you know, that 109 ft/lbs of torque can get away from you I have the new Conti DWS' now, VERY good in the snow and I'm about to get off of work in about 45 minutes, so again, I'll get to see how well they do again in the snow, kinda looking forward to it.

Someone earlier said having never driven in the snow with a stick....real easy, start in 2nd and enjoy

Old 12-24-2010, 04:12 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Brain Champagne
You mean those irresponsible people who might, say, crash into YOU?

I really don't think most people will drive more recklessly because their car's safer. Because most people aren't thinking about safety equipment, they're just driving the same way they've always driven.

I'm not driving faster because my new car has more airbags than the old one, and didn't drive the old one faster than the one before that due to airbags and ABS.

Safety equipment saves us money and saves lives.
You are right about most people that aren't thinking about safety equipment... They are the ones that will be paying a higher sticker price for those in the minority that want the government to insure that when they are talking on their cell phones while drinking a 64 ounce Slurpee and looking at their GPS at 55MPH they are safe to do so..... Mandatory drivers education makes far more sense.....

Old 12-24-2010, 05:07 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Texas Coyote
Mandatory drivers education makes far more sense.....
It does, except you won't get it, because people are lazy, selfish bastards that refuse to accept the blame for problems they create.

A child/teen/young adult goes on a shooting spree at their school... parents blame video games for teaching them how to shoot. The schools that have them don't accept that the counselors dropped the ball... and the parents? HA, as if they are responsible for their own child's health and well being.

So what if their child was depressed and being bullied in school, not their problem. So what if they have a cabinet of rifles that they show off to their shooting buddies and is never locked, or they have a pair of handguns in a "locked" combination box that they told the combination to their child... not their problem. It's the fault of the game! The game taught them how to hold and aim the gun using its buttons on a control pad.

----- back to cars ----

Drivers are the same f-ing way.

"Hey officer, it's that guy's fault for hitting me. So what if he was driving speed limit on a road with no stop and I had the stop. I have the bigger SUV, so he should've stopped to let me in! Hey, I was even texting on my work phone while craning my neck to talk to my boy/girlfriend on my other phone, he should've given me the right of way that I deserve."

I dunno about you guys, but it is quite terrifying to see a woman making a left turn while she is craning her neck to hold the phone, making it obvious that she can't see where she's turning to. And she was turning around me!

"Stupid car, it let me go 100 mph in this 40 mph zone. That's why I crashed into that parked car officer! No sir, the brakes don't work, I was pushing the gas pedal all the way and the brakes never once came on auto-magically to slow me down even."

"Why should I learn to drive properly? I got my license, I'm gonna be all over this f-ing road. Everyone else needs to get out of my way, even if I'm going against a one-way street. If my car crashes going 80 mph on rain and oil slick roads, it's the car maker's fault for not making this $35k car with technology that can bend inertia. F them and F u too."

-----

*sigh*

Why is it, that things that make sense... ie, mandatory driver course to handle dangerous situations are made in other countries, but legislatively ignored here in the US? Is it because we're cheap bastards that don't want to pay to have other's drive safely around us? Its easier to make the foreign automakers pay for technology that we can put high tariffs on, than to spend even a penny, or just a second of our time, to teach young men and women that, during the first rain of many months, you should slow down a bit because the roads will be slick.

I mean, even on a "practical" level, we don't even say... "Don't drag race, cause there could be a pot hole that causes you lose control and damage your tricked out car."

Last edited by Goobers; 12-24-2010 at 05:11 PM.
Old 12-24-2010, 07:12 PM
5 Year Member
If a person is unable to be licensed to drive contingent upon passing a stringent thorough driving course with follow ups to follow at the time of license renewal instead of being set loose with no idea what they are doing... If everyone driving a car is mandated to do this the lives and money saved would far supersede what mandating safety equipment would except for those that are paid to pass the legislation, the people that pay them, the corporations that manufacture the components and those that make a profit from the legislation.... The responsible people buying cars to drive keep getting it stuck to them by corporate greed.

Last edited by Texas Coyote; 12-24-2010 at 07:28 PM.