2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

is autotransmission ge8 strong enough?? PLEASE PRO TUNER REPLY

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2011, 11:09 PM
is autotransmission ge8 strong enough?? PLEASE PRO TUNER REPLY

is the automatic transmission of ge8 can handle upgraded L15A 250hp (1 bar) ?? is that the auto transmissin strong enough to handle that?

Old 01-21-2011, 03:14 AM
5 Year Member
not a pro tuner...

but i believe the stock trans can handle 250hp, the question is how long....

250hp at the wheel or crank ?

either way, i'd be more worried of the internals.

Old 01-21-2011, 03:23 AM
Originally Posted by ANGGGER
is the automatic transmission of ge8 can handle upgraded L15A 250hp (1 bar) ?? is that the auto transmissin strong enough to handle that?

1 bar of boost can be 150whp on one compressor or 550whp on another so that is not a useful figure for your purposes.

You can run 250whp through your AT GE, but a big trans cooler core and fan will be necessary.

As well as constantly checking and changing your ATF.

A manual valve body, or a way to keep full line pressure on all shifts would go a long way to keeping your trans healthy too. It's the "slipping" in an AT that produces all the heat. Powerbraking is going to be a no-no as well.

Flashing or stalling up your stock converter will cause it to fail. But as long as you aren't constantly launching or anything you should be just fine.

New tougher clutches and frictions steels as well as a converter would be something to start researching as well.

Old 01-21-2011, 04:52 AM
5 Year Member
In my honest opinion, probably. But, if you're like me, you kind of want to do a tranny swap anyway. So why not throw the power at it, and see what happens. If it breaks, o well, time to shove in a junkyard manual.

I dont know how parts availability is over there, but even if I wanted to replace with another AT here I would pay:

Transmission
Honda Fit1.5, AT900AAA0284$449Kinkers Auto Parts USA-OH(South-Webster) Request_Quote 877-614-1110 / 740-778-2659

I would focus on making the power first anyway. You guys in japan,indonesia, and taiwan actually have ge8s who have turbo's already though, this is good, seek them out.

Last edited by Lyon[Nightroad]; 01-21-2011 at 05:15 AM.
Old 01-21-2011, 08:52 PM
Originally Posted by mole177
not a pro tuner...

but i believe the stock trans can handle 250hp, the question is how long....

250hp at the wheel or crank ?

either way, i'd be more worried of the internals.
250hp on crank
my internals are low compression... with wiseco piston and crower rods.. and some fuel injector update and high flow fuel pump..
now u can answer the question about how long the trans can handle this?

Old 01-21-2011, 09:15 PM
Originally Posted by DiamondStarMonsters
1 bar of boost can be 150whp on one compressor or 550whp on another so that is not a useful figure for your purposes.

You can run 250whp through your AT GE, but a big trans cooler core and fan will be necessary.

As well as constantly checking and changing your ATF.

A manual valve body, or a way to keep full line pressure on all shifts would go a long way to keeping your trans healthy too. It's the "slipping" in an AT that produces all the heat. Powerbraking is going to be a no-no as well.

Flashing or stalling up your stock converter will cause it to fail. But as long as you aren't constantly launching or anything you should be just fine.

New tougher clutches and frictions steels as well as a converter would be something to start researching as well.
thank you dsm...
last year i've ask you about the pistons and the rods..
and i bought wiseco piston and crower rods..
here's the picture..

Crower Con-Rod with Wiseco Piston - OEM Con-Rod with OEM Piston

250 on crank... i'm so naif if i want 250hp on wheel..hehe
but if runs at 250hp on wheel the trans is still can handle?but how long?
i have installed atf cooler 7 rows..

the blue ones it's atf cooler..

"Flashing or stalling up your stock converter will cause it to fail. But as long as you aren't constantly launching or anything you should be just fine."
i don't understand can you explain more?

Last edited by ANGGGER; 01-21-2011 at 10:25 PM.
Old 01-21-2011, 10:07 PM
Originally Posted by Lyon[Nightroad]
In my honest opinion, probably. But, if you're like me, you kind of want to do a tranny swap anyway. So why not throw the power at it, and see what happens. If it breaks, o well, time to shove in a junkyard manual.

I dont know how parts availability is over there, but even if I wanted to replace with another AT here I would pay:

Transmission
Honda Fit1.5, AT900AAA0284$449Kinkers Auto Parts USA-OH(South-Webster) Request_Quote 877-614-1110 / 740-778-2659

I would focus on making the power first anyway. You guys in japan,indonesia, and taiwan actually have ge8s who have turbo's already though, this is good, seek them out.
thanks you for the link..
i've focused on the power first and now for the trans as well...haha
btw thank you for the link...

Old 01-21-2011, 10:09 PM

Transmission

my tuner say the trans is strong enough but some people misdoubt about this,,

Old 01-21-2011, 10:47 PM
thank you dsm...
last year i've ask you about the pistons and the rods..
and i bought wiseco piston and crower rods..
here's the picture..

Crower Con-Rod with Wiseco Piston - OEM Con-Rod with OEM Piston

250 on crank... i'm so naif if i want 250hp on wheel..hehe
but if runs at 250hp on wheel the trans is still can handle?but how long?
i have installed atf cooler 7 rows..

the blue ones it's atf cooler..

"Flashing or stalling up your stock converter will cause it to fail. But as long as you aren't constantly launching or anything you should be just fine."
i don't understand can you explain more?

Glad I could help! Those rods/pistons should take anything you are looking to throw at them for now!

I hate to sound ignorant, but I would venture to guess it is often warm, even at night in Indonesia correct?

The big ATF cooler will help a lot, but to be safe if you have room, put a small slim fan on it, like 20cm diameter?

Also, good ATF fluid like AMSOIL or RedLine will help! Checking it and changing it often is going to be the key to longterm success!

Since you are turbo in hot climate think about a thicker engine oil, like 5w40 synthetic. This way it does not break down so fast, and deals with high heat from passing through the turbo!

When I talk about stalling up your converter... it is what some call "power braking" where some people put one foot on the brakes and the other on the gas and wait till they build boost and rpm, then they let go.

Doing this will wear things faster and breaks down trans fluid faster.

Heat is the enemy here, and what you can do to minimize it will help how long things last!

Your build looks very good man! Keep it up! Always excited to see a L15A build!

Old 01-21-2011, 10:48 PM

Transmission

I would +Rep you again but it won't let me lol

Old 01-22-2011, 01:38 AM
Glad I could help! Those rods/pistons should take anything you are looking to throw at them for now!

I hate to sound ignorant, but I would venture to guess it is often warm, even at night in Indonesia correct?

The big ATF cooler will help a lot, but to be safe if you have room, put a small slim fan on it, like 20cm diameter?

Also, good ATF fluid like AMSOIL or RedLine will help! Checking it and changing it often is going to be the key to longterm success!

Since you are turbo in hot climate think about a thicker engine oil, like 5w40 synthetic. This way it does not break down so fast, and deals with high heat from passing through the turbo!

When I talk about stalling up your converter... it is what some call "power braking" where some people put one foot on the brakes and the other on the gas and wait till they build boost and rpm, then they let go.

Heat is the enemy here, and what you can do to minimize it will help how long things last!

yes i some places in indonesia is typically hot but i live in city of bandung, west java where the nite is quite cold in here..
i used honda oem ATF fluid...is it still able to help?

for engine oil i used blizt oil S3 20W50..

is it good enough?

oohh i understand what you mean about..."power braking" sometimes called "brake torquing" isn't?this will damage my trans a lot??
how about if i pull the gas on neutral gear then suddenly i swich to D gear it also break the trans?

Old 01-22-2011, 01:38 AM
5 Year Member
my tuner say the trans is strong enough but some people misdoubt about this,,
This is awesome! I like the jdm front end so much better because you guys have much more room for routing the charge pipe. I don't think you'll find anyone who has yet applied that much power to the autotrans. You will just have to find out. Good luck! Make sure you let us know how it goes!

Old 01-22-2011, 01:41 AM
5 Year Member
I wish this car were like my t-bird and I could get a built high stall torque converter for dirt cheap. Looking at the service manual I don't think it will be so easy.

Old 01-22-2011, 01:43 AM
5 Year Member
how about if i pull the gas on neutral gear then suddenly i swich to D gear it also break the trans?[/QUOTE]

This is much much worse than brake torquing.

Last edited by Lyon[Nightroad]; 01-22-2011 at 01:45 AM.
Old 01-22-2011, 11:03 AM
This is awesome! I like the jdm front end so much better because you guys have much more room for routing the charge pipe. I don't think you'll find anyone who has yet applied that much power to the autotrans. You will just have to find out. Good luck! Make sure you let us know how it goes!
hihihi... wish my luck bro,, i wanna find out the potential of matic car..hehe
many people underestimate matic car...

I wish this car were like my t-bird and I could get a built high stall torque converter for dirt cheap. Looking at the service manual I don't think it will be so easy.
what is t-bird?
by the way your honda fit is auto or manual?

This is much much worse than brake torquing.
ohhhh why? it will spin the wheel and it's cool bro! hahaha,,
okay i never do that again..

Old 01-23-2011, 01:27 PM
helllllllllooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo o

Old 01-24-2011, 08:03 AM

yes i some places in indonesia is typically hot but i live in city of bandung, west java where the nite is quite cold in here..
i used honda oem ATF fluid...is it still able to help?

for engine oil i used blizt oil S3 20W50..

is it good enough?

oohh i understand what you mean about..."power braking" sometimes called "brake torquing" isn't?this will damage my trans a lot??
how about if i pull the gas on neutral gear then suddenly i swich to D gear it also break the trans?

Old 01-24-2011, 08:19 AM
What is cold to you? This morning it's -22C here.

Old 01-24-2011, 12:09 PM
Originally Posted by zymo
What is cold to you? This morning it's -22C here.
15C..LOLS..
wow -22C... damn good for turbo's haha..

Old 01-24-2011, 12:30 PM
15C..LOLS..
wow -22C... damn good for turbo's haha..
yeah - we barely need CAIs here. the air is already plenty cold

Quick Reply: is autotransmission ge8 strong enough?? PLEASE PRO TUNER REPLY