2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Stebel 300Hz Truck Horn

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2011, 10:23 AM
Stebel 300Hz Truck Horn

Gentlemen,

My horn is my "Eff you!" to the world, and I need an appropriate tone of voice to get that message across. The Fit's meep meep stock horn was quickly replaced with a less feminine low tone freeway blaster, however the horn has suffered water damage and needs to be replaced.

I have searched the forums and listened to audio clips of the Stebel Nautilus and Wolo Bad Boy's, but the tone sounds too much of a euro sports car for my taste. I need a horn that says I'm a goddamn patriot and my testicles are bigger than everyone's.

Does anyone have any experience installing the Stebel Truck Horns on a Fit? Apparently they're big and bad and they sound like beer and wings during a playoff football game. Eff yes.

I'm not sure how much extra-curricular effort a horn like this takes. I know nothing about electrical systems. Relay's are beyond my grasp, but if it's something I can comprehend without blowing out a fuse, I'll pull the trigger. I just need some reassurance.

http://www.stebel-usa.com/product/32...ct_Truck_Horn/

What my ideal "OMFG" sounds like:
YouTube - Stebel Nautilus Compact Truck Horn an meiner Varadero

Old 01-29-2011, 10:37 AM
Hey Andrew - if your 'patriotic' balls are that big you should have bought a Cadillac not a peaksie oriental eccono hatch. lol
Nothing more American than a Cadillac horn - 'cept my mom's apple pie, and that's no joke!

Also, if you've searched the forum you've most likely found my threads regarding the nautilus and how to hook it up. Follow my lead and you'll soon be 'sounding like' an 18-wheeler - if that's what you really want to do. You will need to go through a relay - direct feed power off the battery.

The nautilus comes with an adaptor that will permit you to connect a chunk of 3/8 tubing to the air intake and route that to a dry location and avoid the 'water damage' issue that will quickly kill any electro air horn.

K_C_