2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Another Fit - All 4 wheels stolen

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2011, 07:52 PM
5 Year Member
So the wheels from handa arrived yesterday, very well packed. Was also pleasently surprised to find the TPMS sensors included.

That said, one of the wheels I examined had some scuff marks on them. How does one ensure that these are brand new and not refinished ones?

Old 03-20-2011, 01:06 AM
This thread just made me clean out my garage and rent a storage unit to store most of the crap that occupied my garage. I now park the wife's new fit in the garage because I'd have a cow if I walked outside and found what the first post here shows.

Old 03-20-2011, 07:26 AM
Originally Posted by paramthegreat
So the wheels from handa arrived yesterday, very well packed. Was also pleasently surprised to find the TPMS sensors included.

That said, one of the wheels I examined had some scuff marks on them. How does one ensure that these are brand new and not refinished ones?
Handa sells only new genuine Honda acessories. You should have been able to tell by the way rims packaged and sealed in boxes. In any case take some photos and call Handa. I'm sure they will replace that one scuffed rim for you. But once you mount a tire it will be yours for keeps.

_

Old 03-20-2011, 07:29 AM
Originally Posted by Joe Hemi
This thread just made me clean out my garage and rent a storage unit to store most of the crap that occupied my garage. I now park the wife's new fit in the garage because I'd have a cow if I walked outside and found what the first post here shows.
That is a high cost to pay for security. One year of storage unit rental fees and you have probably paid for a set of wheels already.

_

Old 03-20-2011, 09:50 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by SilverbulletCSVT
That is a high cost to pay for security. One year of storage unit rental fees and you have probably paid for a set of wheels already.

_
True... but on the plus side. It makes him clean out his garage (which the wife probably wanted anyway.) and once the Bills start adding up, the Storage unit will get cleaned out. Also depending on where the storage unit is located, you could be looking at $500/year to $2000/year. (I've had both)

the up side... the car is IN the garage, where it should be! (if you have a garage). now... to clan out our garages so we can put ours in.

~SB

Old 03-20-2011, 04:09 PM
Originally Posted by SilverbulletCSVT
Yeah I'm in a townhouse right now with just a small single car garage so garage space has always been a problem. I managed to cram everything I needed into a 5x10 storage unit and throw away the rest. Then I picked up some shelving and pegboards to put on the walls to hang my tools and such. The total price for the storage is $750 for a year which is acceptable to me. I just think of it as an additional piece of insurance

Originally Posted by specboy
True... but on the plus side. It makes him clean out his garage (which the wife probably wanted anyway.) and once the Bills start adding up, the Storage unit will get cleaned out. Also depending on where the storage unit is located, you could be looking at $500/year to $2000/year. (I've had both)

the up side... the car is IN the garage, where it should be! (if you have a garage). now... to clan out our garages so we can put ours in.

~SB
You're right, the big plus is finally a clean garage. I now have a decent work space when the fit isnt in the garage which is much needed. I guess I can thank criminals for helping me get a clean garage

I also sleep better at night

Tight 'Fit'

Old 03-21-2011, 04:44 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Joe Hemi
Yeah I'm in a townhouse right now with just a small single car garage so garage space has always been a problem. I managed to cram everything I needed into a 5x10 storage unit and throw away the rest. Then I picked up some shelving and pegboards to put on the walls to hang my tools and such. The total price for the storage is $750 for a year which is acceptable to me. I just think of it as an additional piece of insurance
I am always appalled when I see people (typical in California where there are no basements for storage) use their garage for storage and park their cars outside. If you build some shelving in the garage, including shelves that hang from the ceiling, you can store quite a bit of stuff in the garage. If you still can't fit everything in the garage, then it's time to get rid of junk! I just can't bear the thought of parking a car outside or on the street. It's only a matter of time that something bad happens to your car--breakin or stolen.