2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

hit a dog going 45mph

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2011, 11:31 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Texas Coyote
To hell with pedestrians.. If the bastards get in front of me and cause damage to my car may they die and burn in hell forever.. It'd serve them right and their dog too.
I've yet to hit anything in my fit, thankfully. However the last thing I hit was a rather large coon in my jeep. If anyone tells me I should have swerved they are retarded since I can promise you swerving at 60 mph in that thing is a guaranteed rollover . I moved to where the tires wouldn't flatten his stupid ass, but he decided to stand up on his hind legs right before I passed over him. He got decapitated by the steering linkage. Thankfully not damage other than the blood crusties but that came off with the pressure washer.

Old 03-14-2011, 11:47 PM
5 Year Member
A steel belted gator did $2000.00 worth of damage to my car when it jumped off of a truck tire into the front front bumper and tore plastic crap off of the bottom of the of the car... It also bent the A/C condenser and bent the bumper support... I forgot to mention that my deductible was $1000 and that I was happy to pay it.

Last edited by Texas Coyote; 03-16-2011 at 09:57 AM.
Old 03-15-2011, 12:12 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by SSMTEN
..the OP had no choice but to hit the dog. conversely, the dog had no choice but to run out in front of prim3tim3's speeding fit

How do you feel about nihilism?
I would likely identify myself as an Existential Nihilist. It naturally follows from determinism. Somedays I can wake up and make the existential leap better than others. I think all of us who have confronted the dilemma of determinism have to make a leap to some extent or other.

I think the real irony of the matter is that such extreme pessimism stems from what began as honest intellectual inquiry.

If I told you the reason I made a turbo fit was just as a temporary existential band aid, a created meaning for my life if you will, would you believe me?

Normally I don't give out insight in to my psyche so freely must be the fat tire talking.

I would feel bad for derailing the thread but itsnnot
Like he's asking for advice on body repair, which would probably be more productive anyway.

Last edited by Lyon[Nightroad]; 03-15-2011 at 12:55 AM.
Old 03-15-2011, 01:06 AM
Originally Posted by DiamondStarMonsters
Heh no kidding, I had some dumb tw@ blow a red left turn arrow at lake-cook/skokie and hit me a while back when I was on a mountain bike.
Ouch DSM. Lake-Cook Rd. is just a long stretch of accidents always. I live near the Gold Rd./Higgins (Rt 72) intersection. A total of 12 total lanes off traffic at a sh!tty angle that they cross in. At least 1 pedestrian is hit a year there and all they do is keep expanding it. Gotta love Illinois.

Old 03-15-2011, 03:45 AM
Originally Posted by prim3tim3
If u guys had to pay a 500 dollar deductible and a fucking rental because of a fucking stray dog ud react just like me so shut up unless u know how I feel
I gotta tell you that I agree with you 100%. I don't know about other members on this forum, but I don't have $500 just laying around for insurance deductible. By the time I pay my bills and everything I'm lucky to have $50 in my pocket and with this economy being the way it is it's going to take some time to save up $500. If you run into a dog on the road and as a result of it your car is not driveable and you don't have money for rental or repair you can lose days off work and in some cases you can even lose your job because you don't have means of getting there. Let's say that $500 was your rent money for this month and now you have to choose between repairing your car and your apartment??? I feel your pain and I feel bad for the dog as well, but in the grand scheme of things dog is a dog and we should treat them as such.

Old 03-15-2011, 06:20 AM
5 Year Member
Now would be a good time to remind you guys of the importance of carrying a 0$ comprehensive deductible

Old 03-15-2011, 07:46 AM
Or planning for emergencies and setting aside money for this type of situation.

Old 03-15-2011, 10:11 AM
Originally Posted by TurboManGT
Or planning for emergencies and setting aside money for this type of situation.
Having the money set aside does not really make it any less loathsome when you write the check.

Old 03-15-2011, 02:29 PM
I dream about living in a world where accidents would never happen.

Then i wake up and quit bitching when they do. This forum sure does have its share of whiners.

Old 03-15-2011, 05:28 PM
Originally Posted by know-nothin
I'm sorry for your fit but what? No pity for the poor doggie?

Screw the dog sorry for your FIT...What a heart breaker!!!

Old 03-15-2011, 06:11 PM
Originally Posted by jzerocsk
Having the money set aside does not really make it any less loathsome when you write the check.
Would you rather write a check that will bounce making that already loathsome situation much much worse IMO. At least planning would ease the trouble of having to sell stuff or try to borrow money from somebody.

Old 03-15-2011, 09:35 PM
Most entersturbing thread on FF.

Old 03-16-2011, 10:20 AM
Originally Posted by TurboManGT
Would you rather write a check that will bounce making that already loathsome situation much much worse IMO. At least planning would ease the trouble of having to sell stuff or try to borrow money from somebody.
I don't really see what your point is. If you have to pay $500 to fix your car, you're completely justified in being pissed off about it. Maybe you'd be MORE pissed off if you didn't have the money, but if you do have the money? Yep! Still pissed off. Come over here to FitFreak and bitch about it. It's not like there's anything better to discuss.

Hell even if you had $0 deductible, you'd STILL be pissed off b/c your car is now spending a week or two in the shop getting repaired, it's not like you sing the "Nationwide is on your side" jingle and the car magically fixes itself.

Last edited by jzerocsk; 03-16-2011 at 10:22 AM.
Old 03-16-2011, 10:27 AM
5 Year Member
Don't let your anger consume you......Shit happens, it don't mean nothing.

Old 03-16-2011, 11:26 AM
it's not like you sing the "Nationwide is on your side" jingle and the car magically fixes itself.
Statefarms' jingle magically fixes stuff....

"like a good neighbor...."

Old 03-16-2011, 11:32 AM
Originally Posted by SSMTEN
Statefarms' jingle magically fixes stuff....

"like a good neighbor...."
SO THAT'S WHY IT NEVER WORKS FOR ME! Fuuuuuu

Old 03-16-2011, 01:49 PM
5 Year Member
I don't really see what your point is. If you have to pay $500 to fix your car, you're completely justified in being pissed off about it. Maybe you'd be MORE pissed off if you didn't have the money, but if you do have the money? Yep! Still pissed off. Come over here to FitFreak and bitch about it. It's not like there's anything better to discuss.

Hell even if you had $0 deductible, you'd STILL be pissed off b/c your car is now spending a week or two in the shop getting repaired, it's not like you sing the "Nationwide is on your side" jingle and the car magically fixes itself.
Doesnt a lower deductable mean you have a higher monthly payment?? Either way youre gonna be shelling out money when stuff happens.

Last edited by GGPJON; 05-23-2011 at 04:05 PM.
Old 03-16-2011, 04:36 PM

Theres plenty of things to discuss.. like the proper AOA when zeroing in on your neighbors cats. Elusive bastards.

If you yank the handbrake and do a j-turn you can get some distance. Getting the cat to stay in one place is the trick, so use lawndarts or tent stakes.

Edit: Make sure you wax the side of the car you intend to hit it with.

Last edited by DiamondStarMonsters; 03-16-2011 at 04:40 PM.
Old 03-16-2011, 04:58 PM
Originally Posted by DiamondStarMonsters
Theres plenty of things to discuss.. like the proper AOA when zeroing in on your neighbors cats. Elusive bastards.

If you yank the handbrake and do a j-turn you can get some distance. Getting the cat to stay in one place is the trick, so use lawndarts or tent stakes.

Edit: Make sure you wax the side of the car you intend to hit it with.
Here Kitty Kitty.....

Meow

Old 03-16-2011, 06:56 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by rhyneba
Most entersturbing thread on FF.
Nice combination!

Quick Reply: hit a dog going 45mph