2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

hit a dog going 45mph

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2011, 08:44 PM
Originally Posted by krakhed
Nice combination!
Thanks.... krakhed....

This is one of those subjects that has such a divergence of valid opinions it's unlikely we would all agree, just line up on one side or the other. I have sympathy for all involved, unless the owner of the dog is a negligent idiot. If negligence is in play the owner of the dog should be criminally and civilly liable.

In my mind it comes down to Biblical principles; stewardship, which requires good care of our possessions and animals as well as the intrinsic value of human beings being differentiated from animals by being created in God's image with an immortal soul. This is a clear distinction to me. Other world views would see this differently, the point being made is that we can all respect each other's opinions without rancor.

Respectfully, humor can be taken as just that. I had a cat named George that attacked my legs mercilessly in the night when I moved, sinking his teeth and claws into me through my blanket. I didn't like that cat very much and his demise after ripping a screen out and being run over lent me his final nickname, "ThumpThump". Crass to some, funny to others but a joke nonetheless. Waxing the side of your car you plan on hitting a cat with is funny to me, DSM, because I know you are (likely) kidding .

Thanks for the viewpoints, mine is just one of obviously many.

b

"I love animals, especially when they are properly cooked."

Old 03-16-2011, 11:31 PM
Originally Posted by jzerocsk
I don't really see what your point is. If you have to pay $500 to fix your car, you're completely justified in being pissed off about it. Maybe you'd be MORE pissed off if you didn't have the money, but if you do have the money? Yep! Still pissed off. Come over here to FitFreak and bitch about it. It's not like there's anything better to discuss.

Hell even if you had $0 deductible, you'd STILL be pissed off b/c your car is now spending a week or two in the shop getting repaired, it's not like you sing the "Nationwide is on your side" jingle and the car magically fixes itself.
I didn't say having the money would make anybody less pissed off. It takes the pressure off having to find the money is my point. By all means be pissed off lol. A damaged car sucks and I understand that, but look at the big picture and it really is a minor problem to have.

Old 03-17-2011, 08:37 AM
dam i just hit a dog in my neighborhood at 1a.m. good thing i was going 5mph and did no damage to the dog and car.

but seriously, people in my neighborhood seems to just let there dog go so they can wonder around on their own. it's pretty ridiculous, considered almost every house has atleast one dog...

everytime i take my dog out for a walk, some horny dog tries to rape my dog.

Old 03-17-2011, 04:24 PM
E B
poor dog......

Old 03-17-2011, 04:59 PM
Originally Posted by E B
poor dog......
Here we go again.....Poor FIT

Old 03-17-2011, 06:44 PM
Poor dog. Now, ease up on the guy, it is after all FITFREAK not PoochFreak.

Flea (you know I appreciate a dog)

Old 03-17-2011, 08:15 PM
Originally Posted by FLEALAMI
Poor dog. Now, ease up on the guy, it is after all FITFREAK not PoochFreak.

Flea (you know I appreciate a dog)

PoochFreak...didnt see that one coming