2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.

hit a dog going 45mph

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2011, 09:46 PM
hit a dog going 45mph

I hit a dog the other day and it really messed up my front bumper, radiator and is it possible the frame got bent...the towtruck guy said whatever is in front of the transmission is bent...my car is so fucked and I fear the worst I love my fit

Old 03-13-2011, 09:48 PM
5 Year Member
I'm sorry for your fit but what? No pity for the poor doggie?

Old 03-13-2011, 09:53 PM
5 Year Member
Wtf you hit a dog going 45mph and you're crying over your damaged fit? Have you no compassion? Dumbest post/thread of all ff.net.

Old 03-13-2011, 09:59 PM
5 Year Member
That sucks prim3tim3. Got any pics of the damage?

Originally Posted by know-nothin
I'm sorry for your fit but what? No pity for the poor doggie?
Nah, you can nail them at 75 MPH and they'll be fine with maybe a scrap or two. The bumper and some stuff behind it won't though.

Old 03-13-2011, 10:01 PM
who cares about your fit....at least u have insurance...poor dog...

Old 03-13-2011, 10:09 PM
Originally Posted by JJIN
Wtf you hit a dog going 45mph and you're crying over your damaged fit? Have you no compassion? Dumbest post/thread of all ff.net.
Ya that bugged me too.

But there is quite a list of contenders for dumbest post on FF.

Old 03-13-2011, 10:40 PM
Mod Please delete this thread!

Old 03-13-2011, 11:05 PM
Originally Posted by DiamondStarMonsters
Ya that bugged me too.

But there is quite a list of contenders for dumbest post on FF.
^^ true story. https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/fit-...et-200-hp.html anybody??

But really, I hope the dog was alright. Still sucks for you Fit. No one wins here..

Last edited by SSMTEN; 03-13-2011 at 11:14 PM.
Old 03-13-2011, 11:11 PM
Originally Posted by SSMTEN
^^ true story.

But really, I hope the dog was alright. Still sucks for you Fit. No one wins here..

Hahaha I had completely forgotten about that one... that whole thread should be mercy nuked.

Old 03-14-2011, 01:33 AM
U guys are brainless a STRAY dog mind u wrecked my vehicle and I am paying for it but the dog gets away with a better life in heaven screw u guys have u no passion for vehicles

Old 03-14-2011, 01:37 AM
If u guys had to pay a 500 dollar deductible and a fucking rental because of a fucking stray dog ud react just like me so shut up unless u know how I feel

Old 03-14-2011, 01:47 AM
This is a pretty touchy crowd dude, we can all appreciate the situation you are in.

Many of us love our Fits, many of us also love our pets. I hear you on it being a stray and those can be a pest. But it still strikes close to home for many.

Also you might want to edit/delete those posts before this turns into an unnecessary flame war.

My stupid comments quip was geared more towards actual stupid posts. Yours was just taken to be insensitive by most it looks like.

Not that I dont tend to be pretty insensitive myself on some matters, just sayin. Had you hit my pet accident or not there would've been two police reports though. I am sure many feel the same way, hence the reactions.

Old 03-14-2011, 01:56 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by prim3tim3
If u guys had to pay a 500 dollar deductible and a fucking rental because of a fucking stray dog ud react just like me so shut up unless u know how I feel
I salvaged a car dodging a dog in the street, thankfully without serious injury but i didnt care much about my car i was more worried about the property damage and was relieved that some kid didnt come home to hear his parents give him the bad news that some guy killed his furry buddy with his car.

i know exactly what you feel x10000 so stfu before you make assumptions. animals are living beings too so dont bitch and whine about your inanimate car which can be fixed. you just took the life of a breathing living creature that probably had an owner so think back and understand what you did and have regrets about it instead of pouting and crying over $500 bucks and some change for rental.

Old 03-14-2011, 01:59 AM
5 Year Member
Human Torch: "Flame on!"

lol, but yea, DSM hit it on point on this one. You really should edit those previous posts... I think you'll feel otherwise if you had pets of your own.

Old 03-14-2011, 03:06 AM
5 Year Member
Paaaallllleeeeeseeeeeeee. Pet owners offended- truly f'kd, if you ask me. It was probably an idiot owner not watching the damn thing in the first place. Or perhaps they left the incredibly unbrilliant animal out for 7 hours, barking and whimpering to be let in only to land on deaf ears- and it took a hike...right in front of your Fit. Or they left the gate open. Who knows, but you certainly were in the wrong place at the wrong time. Totally sucks. Seek out the owners and hold THEM to the fire. Their pet is dead because of their negligence. How 'bout they see how nice thousands are for repair because of their f-up.

I almost whacked a hundred year old dog one night just after I got my new Fit, on a road I've traveled on for years with an old piece of shit car with narry a sight of that animal the entire time. I get a brand new car, and 'shithead' decides to wander out in front of me, in the dark no less. Lucky I had time to swirve and miss it, mainly because I had just enough vision to perceive the problem coming up in a hurry. Lucky shithead, lucky me- because if anyone was coming in the opposite direction I would have been dead and shithead would have made it. Pet owners rejoice. I haven't seen it since, but you better believe I'm looking closely in that spot.

What is it about a new car that you really care about that makes humans, animals, and just about anything try and dive in front of it and create huge problems? I'll never know. One thing I know- once you have one animal kill on a car it's doomed. It's like they all know and it continues merrily on for the life of the car. Squirrles, deer, dogs, cats, shit mosquitos- they'll all be jumping in front of you. The car gets a karma to it. Insane....perhaps. I wish you well. And I for one am sorry you're screwed. Now if you would have had the airbag tag you in the face and cause injury, what would pet owners say then? Of freakin course- how terrible for the animal!

Get real...

Hope it works out.

And for the record, I do feel bad for shithead. It's the owners that are the true shitheads.

Dan

Old 03-14-2011, 03:44 AM
Originally Posted by Shockwave199
Paaaallllleeeeeseeeeeeee. Pet owners offended- truly f'kd, if you ask me. It was probably an idiot owner not watching the damn thing in the first place. Or perhaps they left the incredibly unbrilliant animal out for 7 hours, barking and whimpering to be let in only to land on deaf ears- and it took a hike...right in front of your Fit. Or they left the gate open. Who knows, but you certainly were in the wrong place at the wrong time. Totally sucks. Seek out the owners and hold THEM to the fire. Their pet is dead because of their negligence. How 'bout they see how nice thousands are for repair because of their f-up.

I almost whacked a hundred year old dog one night just after I got my new Fit, on a road I've traveled on for years with an old piece of shit car with narry a sight of that animal the entire time. I get a brand new car, and 'shithead' decides to wander out in front of me, in the dark no less. Lucky I had time to swirve and miss it, mainly because I had just enough vision to perceive the problem coming up in a hurry. Lucky shithead, lucky me- because if anyone was coming in the opposite direction I would have been dead and shithead would have made it. Pet owners rejoice. I haven't seen it since, but you better believe I'm looking closely in that spot.

What is it about a new car that you really care about that makes humans, animals, and just about anything try and dive in front of it and create huge problems? I'll never know. One thing I know- once you have one animal kill on a car it's doomed. It's like they all know and it continues merrily on for the life of the car. Squirrles, deer, dogs, cats, shit mosquitos- they'll all be jumping in front of you. The car gets a karma to it. Insane....perhaps. I wish you well. And I for one am sorry you're screwed. Now if you would have had the airbag tag you in the face and cause injury, what would pet owners say then? Of freakin course- how terrible for the animal!

Get real...

Hope it works out.

And for the record, I do feel bad for shithead. It's the owners that are the true shitheads.

Dan

Quoted just in case you try to yank this post later... alright everyone we have found the elusive dumbest post on FF.

Old 03-14-2011, 04:11 AM
5 Year Member
Oh, I have no intention of yaking it. Quote away. Tell you what, I don't wish it on you or anyone, but lets see how you feel about the animal after it nearly totals YOUR front end. Or how you feel about the owners after you see the bill. And I have feelings for pets too. Years ago, I held my landlords dog in my arms as it lay dying and squished under someones tires, and balled for days about it. So did my landlord, who was careless enough to let it happen. Pets are like kids- you can't let your guard down for even one second or the blame rests firmly on you. And if you haven't, watch the movie The Jerk [Steve Martin] for my shithead reference. It sucks for all involved, but animals are animals, people are people. Get your mind right man. Lucky for the PERSON he was not killed from that collision. And say a prayer for shithead too.

Dan

Last edited by Shockwave199; 03-14-2011 at 04:14 AM.
Old 03-14-2011, 04:40 AM
Originally Posted by prim3tim3
I paid $500+ out of pocket for a new front bumper, paint and fog lights after hitting someones' under carriage cover on the freeway- you really shouldn't rage. This is what full coverage insurance is for. You are getting it fixed.

Unrelated- is a piece of plastic really all it takes to ruin the front end of a GE?

Old 03-14-2011, 06:00 AM
5 Year Member
Sucks... for you and the doggie.

I think you should have stated it was a stray in the first post. Probably would have saved you the hassle of putting on your flame suit.

Old 03-14-2011, 07:46 AM
5 Year Member
I killed a raccoon with my fit. Only my fit ate that little bastard up and spit him out. He went completely through the lower grille, hit the lower rad support, and got shoved back out the bottom only to hit the engine block, presumably ending the creatures existence. It took an entire night to sand out the crack and fill it with bumper putty, then cover the whole mess up with a black strip of vinyl. I guess I got out lucky, no popped rad or condenser. I almost think it was by design that the thing got eat up and spit out. I guess most dogs won't fit through the lower bumper. I remember reading about how proud Honda was with the work they did with the fit to minimize pedestrian injuries.

Quick Reply: hit a dog going 45mph