2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.

Yep! That just happened!

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2011, 11:49 PM
Originally Posted by EnticedByTiffany
Nice I got my manual Fit Sport about $16,000 out the door.
well done. 2010 or 2011?

Old 03-20-2011, 11:55 PM
Originally Posted by nickemangione
well done. 2010 or 2011?
2010. picked it up christmas eve last year
one of the two last manual tafetta white fit sports in Minnesota.
Price on the car wasn't bad at all, guess it does pay off
to work at Honda if you were going to buy one. LOL.
I was always fond of them, but never really drove many.
Didn't even test drive the fit. Read reviews and picked it up
Christmas Eve and it handles like a dream.

Old 03-21-2011, 12:00 AM
thats awesome. ive always loved the fit...its just classic honda...its like the older civic hatchbacks(or the closest thing we'll ever see)

Old 03-21-2011, 12:02 AM
thats awesome. ive always loved the fit...its just classic honda...its like the older civic hatchbacks(or the closest thing we'll ever see)
I agree Can't wait to see your fit! And see ya around the forum!

Old 03-21-2011, 01:25 PM
5 Year Member
Get the VIN from the dealership A.S.A.P. in my opinion.

I don't trust sales dealerships, and without a VIN you don't know what is coming on that boat. Get as much confirmed, including your out the door price, as you can now. I've read too many horror stories about people "ordering" vehicles and then what shows up is "different" than what they were promised or ordered. Including stories of mysterious extra's and add on's being added that the dealership comes in after the fact and charges you for....

I'm not saying this is what will happen, just saying without a VIN all you are waiting on- is the promise of a sales department. My history of interaction with dealership sales, tells me get as much confirmed as possible.

With the rising price of gas, and the dwindling supply of vehicles due to the tragedy in Japan, it's a perfect storm to become a sellers market. Unscrupulous dealers are going to be tempted to mark up and gouge...

Getting yours now? Good move...just confirm as much as possible, so nobody can try and pull something in about a month.

Old 03-21-2011, 01:49 PM
Yeah fitchet I agree with you entirely....I put down a totally refundable $500 deposit until the car is in.

Old 03-21-2011, 02:22 PM
5 Year Member
I have to agree with fitchet. There's a reason why all car purchases and inquiries are done with a VIN reference. No VIN = no car in my book and I speak from personal experience.

Old 03-21-2011, 02:37 PM
Originally Posted by know-nothin
I have to agree with fitchet. There's a reason why all car purchases and inquiries are done with a VIN reference. No VIN = no car in my book and I speak from personal experience.
I understand that but the car is still almost a month out so I'm trying give them a tiny leeway. Ya know?

Old 03-21-2011, 02:55 PM
5 Year Member
I understand that but the car is still almost a month out so I'm trying give them a tiny leeway. Ya know?
Cool. I'm probably over-suspicious based on past bad experiences.

Old 03-21-2011, 03:09 PM
Originally Posted by know-nothin
Cool. I'm probably over-suspicious based on past bad experiences.
Hey I definitely can't blame you we've all had bad dealership experiences at one point.

Old 04-01-2011, 03:37 PM
just got a call from the dealership...they moved the arrival date up from April 15th to April 8th...so excited.

i already bought a limited edition type r knob in platinum made by BLOX.....i will do a review with pics as soon as i put it on.

Old 04-03-2011, 04:45 AM
Nice gratz, i got mines when everyone was looking for a Fit and most didnt have Manuals nor black

Old 04-03-2011, 03:57 PM
manuals are rare because no one really wants them!
the Auto 5speeds are better on fuel..so there's 0 benefit of having a manual now.
dealers sell 1-2 manual for every 10 ...
so each dealer might order one or 2-3 for every 15-20 cars

Old 04-03-2011, 04:24 PM
Originally Posted by canuck901
manuals are rare because no one really wants them!
the Auto 5speeds are better on fuel..so there's 0 benefit of having a manual now.
dealers sell 1-2 manual for every 10 ...
so each dealer might order one or 2-3 for every 15-20 cars
Canuck, this is not aimed at you but your post fits what I'm going to say pretty well....no matter what forum I go to there are always several people that sit and preach that there aren't any benefits to manual transmissions and I honestly feel that this is becuase A. They can't drive a stick.
B. They aren't able to because of second driver.
C. They have nothing of value to post.
People that come on forums to bash or take shots at people's preferences need not post...I could sit here and rip on the automatic and say they are slower to 60 and have no character but I respect that others prefer the "slushbox" lol.
Again Canuck this isn't aimed at you but I just felt like ranting.

Last edited by nickemangione; 04-03-2011 at 04:30 PM.
Old 04-03-2011, 04:30 PM
i have owned 8 2009 honda fits, i buy and sell them.
I've had 1 manual.. 7 autos...
the manual is fun to drive, you can hang onto the shifts longer, but guess what??? You rev an engine higher?? it works harder, you lose fuel economy. On the highway, the 5spd manual revs a lot more, nosier. The Fit auto, rpms are a lot lower on the highway. The paddle shifters are decent too for down shifting in the mountainous areas.

I am not aiming this at you, this is from my personal experience...and this topic has been discussed a lot on this forum. There's also a test on this forum where someone test drove both a 5MT and then the 5AT. They liked the 5AT better for the reasons i stated as well!

Old 04-03-2011, 04:35 PM
i have owned 8 2009 honda fits, i buy and sell them.
I've had 1 manual.. 7 autos...
the manual is fun to drive, you can hang onto the shifts longer, but guess what??? You rev an engine higher?? it works harder, you lose fuel economy. On the highway, the 5spd manual revs a lot more, nosier. The Fit auto, rpms are a lot lower on the highway. The paddle shifters are decent too for down shifting in the mountainous areas.

I am not aiming this at you, this is from my personal experience...and this topic has been discussed a lot on this forum. There's also a test on this forum where someone test drove both a 5MT and then the 5AT. They liked the 5AT better for the reasons i stated as well!
I can respect that you and others prefer the auto but it just isnt for me.....and im sure i could get a gang of people to agree with me too but im not here for that....theres something to going through the gears that i cant give up.< this smiley agrees with me. lol.

Old 04-03-2011, 04:41 PM
Im sure you enjoy your 5MT, like i said, its fun to drive and some people need that experience in a car or get bored with an Auto.

The Manual isn't for me and lots of people agree on the Auto as well.
That's why choices are available to suit each persons needs.

Old 04-03-2011, 06:52 PM
Im sure you enjoy your 5MT, like i said, its fun to drive and some people need that experience in a car or get bored with an Auto.

The Manual isn't for me and lots of people agree on the Auto as well.
That's why choices are available to suit each persons needs.
agreed

Old 04-03-2011, 07:18 PM
Originally Posted by Lyon[Nightroad]
When my customers ask me, what's an expensive car on insurance, my answer is always the same "a Scion tC" Collision coverage on a tC runs 2.2-2.5 times higher than average, accident rates are INSANE with the tC. However this is a new model redesign, so the insurance companies will give it average rates for the first model year until we have data from it. Then a year from now when we go in and check the accident rates and see that they are drastically higher than average just like the last gen, the vehicle rating factor will be adjusted and the rates will get raped. Young kids love to buy these cars, rice them up (or not because riced or not these kids can't drive), and crash them which drives up the rates for everyone that owns them. I remember being told that the average tC driver is 22 years old. In comparision I would expect a bmw 3 series (a suprisingly cheap car to insure) to run for about $200-$300 CHEAPER every 6 months.
Yeah, mine shot up quite a bit... It'll cost me an extra $50/month or so, at least staying with State Farm. I can't imagine why a sporty 2-door with 50% more power would be more expensive to insure than a meager-powered hatchback that seems to be most popular with middle aged women. More expensive insurance be damned, I'm having so much fun driving this car, it's worth it. It's not costing me significantly more in payments or gasoline, so why not?

Unfortunately, I can guarantee that while I might save money with another insurer on the car, I won't make up for it on the bike. State Farm is notoriously cheap for sport-bike coverage (word has it they base their rates on displacement alone).

I'm likely moving in the near future, and will sell my Ninja before I leave, likely replacing it with a dual sport of some type... a KLR 650 should be more reasonable with another insurance company, and I'll switch the car back to USAA.

Seems strange that it would not be based more on the driver than the car - I'm a 29 year old with a clean driving record (aside from an at-fault accident in 2004 at parking lot speeds... first time driving on ice was a B*TCH!). But, I am not an actuary.

And yeah, I tried to convince myself that an automatic wasn't as bad, was a decent choice, that automatics could be just as much fun, just as fulfilling to drive. I failed! The Auto didn't bother me on the highway, and if I did mostly highway commuting, I probably wouldn't have cared, but I hate driving a slushbox in city traffic. Things like the half-second delay between pushing the pedal and feeling it respond, waiting for the computer to sort out its shifting plan, and having the car constantly strain against me at a stop get to me after a while.

But then, I basically learned to drive in a stick, and other than the 18 mos or so with the Fit, only owned manuals for my 14 years of driving. On the plus side, it's nice to see that after stagnating on 5 speeds for so long, 6 speed manuals have basically become the new standard on all but the cheapest cars.

Old 04-03-2011, 08:10 PM
Originally Posted by Occam
Yeah, mine shot up quite a bit... It'll cost me an extra $50/month or so, at least staying with State Farm. I can't imagine why a sporty 2-door with 50% more power would be more expensive to insure than a meager-powered hatchback that seems to be most popular with middle aged women. More expensive insurance be damned, I'm having so much fun driving this car, it's worth it. It's not costing me significantly more in payments or gasoline, so why not?

Unfortunately, I can guarantee that while I might save money with another insurer on the car, I won't make up for it on the bike. State Farm is notoriously cheap for sport-bike coverage (word has it they base their rates on displacement alone).

I'm likely moving in the near future, and will sell my Ninja before I leave, likely replacing it with a dual sport of some type... a KLR 650 should be more reasonable with another insurance company, and I'll switch the car back to USAA.

Seems strange that it would not be based more on the driver than the car - I'm a 29 year old with a clean driving record (aside from an at-fault accident in 2004 at parking lot speeds... first time driving on ice was a B*TCH!). But, I am not an actuary.

And yeah, I tried to convince myself that an automatic wasn't as bad, was a decent choice, that automatics could be just as much fun, just as fulfilling to drive. I failed! The Auto didn't bother me on the highway, and if I did mostly highway commuting, I probably wouldn't have cared, but I hate driving a slushbox in city traffic. Things like the half-second delay between pushing the pedal and feeling it respond, waiting for the computer to sort out its shifting plan, and having the car constantly strain against me at a stop get to me after a while.

But then, I basically learned to drive in a stick, and other than the 18 mos or so with the Fit, only owned manuals for my 14 years of driving. On the plus side, it's nice to see that after stagnating on 5 speeds for so long, 6 speed manuals have basically become the new standard on all but the cheapest cars.
long ass posts FTW.

Quick Reply: Yep! That just happened!