2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What is the REAL cost of lowering springs?

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2011, 12:34 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by slp950
I asked my service manager at the Honda dealer when I got my first service done if any modifications would void any part of my warranty. He told me that any use of any non-Honda approved part would void all warranty, both bumper to bumper and powertrain.

However, the manager at another dealership told me that only parts affected by the non-Honda parts would not be covered, for example if i installed springs then the shocks and shock mounts would be non-warrantied but the rest of the components would still be covered.

When I actually called Honda, they informed me that if my car breaks down, I can have it repaired at any ASE certified repair shop. I have had other cars that had aftermarket parts installed that did cause damage (an improperly installed flywheel coming off the crank and destroying a bunch of stuff) or parts that were just damaged (ac condenser cracked due to impact) and both shops simply called the company concerned and got approval to replace all affected components, virtually no questions asked.

By the way, I am at 42K miles and have had $79 dropzone springs for the GD3 on my 2009 Fit Sport since 11K miles, and my shocks are still riding fine.
sounds like you've had pretty good luck! As your struts go, you should take them off to check the valving/rebound because if you're just driving on them and not actually taking them off to check them, maybe you're just riding on your springs. accordguyintake only had his t1r springs for less than 20k miles and his struts were pretty done when we swapped in his BC c/o