2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rims for 2010 Sport

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2011, 01:01 AM
5 Year Member
Check here, is at the bottom of the page. I also own an Integra, and this site have been very helpful for me. They have great articles about security.
Security Accessories/Addons - Team Integra Forums - Team Integra

Old 04-09-2011, 09:10 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by GE8749EW
A Toyota Yaris has 4x100 bolt pattern and I believe if you go to tirerack.com and put in a Honda 07-08 Fit, you can order a set of 15'' steelies.
there's plenty of 4x100 steelies out there, just not in 16" which is the OP's issue as that requires replacing both wheel & tire. The stock Base fit comes with 15" steelies. I believe many of the scions & also the mini cooper use 4x100s' as well but again, no steelies in 16"

~SB

Old 04-09-2011, 02:38 PM
tilt sensors detect if the vehicle is being jacked up to steal the wheels, the immobilizer is just a chip in the key that has to be near the ignition for the engine to start.

you need an aftermarket alarm system to get a tilt sensor. I've heard some good things about this company and they have tilt sensors and glass break detectors for their systems.

Viper - Build Your Viper System

Old 04-12-2011, 02:45 PM
5 Year Member
Hakuna Matata....

Originally Posted by charmedimsure
I tell ya, this whole thing is stressing me out. I never would have gotten the Sport rims if I knew they were attractive to thieves.
Really, you can do what you want, and cheaper rims, wheel locks, alarms, are all options...but primarily? I think you just need to worry less about it.

My opinion is in life, what good is it to avoid "nice" things out of fear of a potential bad outcome? Do you not buy the bigger television because it might be attractive to thieves? Do you pass on owning a computer, cell phone, or anything of value because it simultaneously becomes more attractive to thieves? That's a waste of time.

I don't think there is anything wrong with taking prudent measures to try to protect ones own personal property, but at some point you have to draw the line and simply roll the dice.

If you are insured? Your worst case scenario, isn't the end of the world.

Old 04-12-2011, 03:10 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by fitchet
My opinion is in life, what good is it to avoid "nice" things out of fear of a potential bad outcome? Do you not buy the bigger television because it might be attractive to thieves? Do you pass on owning a computer, cell phone, or anything of value because it simultaneously becomes more attractive to thieves? That's a waste of time.
You don't leave your computer, tv and cellphone etc. out in the street. Everything is inside your house with alarm protection... So your logic doesn't apply to a car that will be sitting in the street. I park my car in my garage every night, so i don't worry about my rims.

Old 04-12-2011, 04:16 PM
5 Year Member
Really, you can do what you want, and cheaper rims, wheel locks, alarms, are all options...but primarily? I think you just need to worry less about it.

I don't think there is anything wrong with taking prudent measures to try to protect ones own personal property, but at some point you have to draw the line and simply roll the dice.

Fitch... I thought you were the paranoid one or is that just with the LMS recall? (couldn't resist)

Contrary to the norm, this is where I mostly agree with you. Don't' let fear run what you choose to do but it does have to guide in some choices. Like in this case, don't remove the wheels because of potential theft, spend the same money on a car alarm and wheel locks.

~SB

Old 04-14-2011, 07:50 AM

I don't worry about it in my driveway at night...

It's because I am going on vacation and will be parked in a random part of NJ. If I come back from my cruise and my tires have been jacked I will quite literally be stranded. Do you know how much of a pain in the ass it would be to get that replaced so I can drive home? That's why I am trying to make sure I avoid the worst case scenario.

Old 04-14-2011, 09:58 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by charmedimsure
I don't worry about it in my driveway at night...

It's because I am going on vacation and will be parked in a random part of NJ. If I come back from my cruise and my tires have been jacked I will quite literally be stranded. Do you know how much of a pain in the ass it would be to get that replaced so I can drive home? That's why I am trying to make sure I avoid the worst case scenario.

If its any consolation, I've been on business to every state and many foreign countries and NJ is the only one that I had a rental vehicle 'molested'. And it was in a hotel parking lot.

Here is an alternative that I learned from a NY cabbie:
Goop up the wheels with mud & tape so they look damaged but can be easily cleaned. Don't overdo it, just enough to make thieves look past.
Especially around the outer rim its easy to do.
Then of course you can chain the wheels to the axle with motorcycle chain locks.

And if they do steal the wheels just look at the great aftermarket wheels and tires you can get for the insurance money. Much better than stock, especially the tires, and better offset too.

Look at the brighter side. Have a good time.

Old 04-14-2011, 01:32 PM
5 Year Member
seems like a lot of effort, and if the 16" black steelies are hard to find, those are probably more likely to be stolen right? ;-)

At any rate, if you end up downgrading to 15s or something, Im looking to buy some 16s with tires. Mine are all scratched up from winter. PM me.

I've got wheel locks on my wheels, and I live in Stockton, CA and my wheels haven't been stolen yet.