2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

GE8 owners with Bride seats

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2011, 07:39 PM
GE8 owners with Bride seats

Need some input on GE owners with Bride seats. Have a few questions... (GD owners can pitch in too if needed be)

Which Brides do you have?
What rails are you using?
How does it sit and fit? (height wise, width, steering and knee positioning)
Any install concerns?

Thanks

Old 05-20-2011, 01:58 AM
5 Year Member
I'll chime in, using FX rails, non-sliding and only ones that conform to FIA regs, seats are ZetaIII also have FIA certification and the rail #s are H203 and H204 and of course whatever rail type you choose. For the GE there are RO, MO, YO, FO and FX available.

Seat positioning is much improved, at least for me, I like that it doesn't slide, even more secure and the seat is set up for me and me only. I even altered my side stays to lower the rear of the seat some. This involved cutting out a part of the seat frame, but really it is not needed. My Snisen's rails were individual side mounts and were not connected together in any way except for the seat holding them together. I still have the front cross bar. I would like to lower the rear a bit further, but this will involve cutting away some more metal from the sides. Picture this L and from that about 2" in from the rear edge and about 1.25" from the side edge. This will allow another about 15mm of lowering ability.

Zero install concerns, at least here on the JDM model. You have crappy seat airbags I believe (f'n government in your shite), so you will most likely need to jumper the connection to not have your SRS light up on the dash.

Old 05-20-2011, 11:15 AM
^^ any thoughts or experience on Brix II?

Old 05-20-2011, 11:25 AM
5 Year Member
No experience with them. They are quite an older model, actually I don't believe Bride has made this model in quite some time. If I am not mistaken they are a reclining model correct? Find somebody selling them for a decent price?

Old 05-20-2011, 12:07 PM
Yes they recline. sat on one yesterday (gradient back) and as nice and snug I felt on it... makes me wonder if they'll be comfy for longer drives. Being that I'll be ridding the side airbags, I did like the Brix's raised and wrapped sides.

Old 05-20-2011, 05:19 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by ThEvil0nE
Need some input on GE owners with Bride seats. Have a few questions... (GD owners can pitch in too if needed be)

Which Brides do you have?
What rails are you using?
How does it sit and fit? (height wise, width, steering and knee positioning)
Any install concerns?

Thanks
I am using Wedge Engineering brackets on my sparco's they actualy used my car to create the jig for them you can give them a call and see if you can use them on the brides unless you want to pay $250 for each bride rail. I payed $60 by the way for each Wedge rail.

by the way I didnt get brides do to their over priced seats and uncomfortable lower end models I love the Zeta III but the price wasn't right. Not only that but I hate how they fade into a light red color so fast.

Last edited by Noxm09; 05-20-2011 at 05:23 PM.
Old 05-20-2011, 08:13 PM
5 Year Member
Yes they recline. sat on one yesterday (gradient back) and as nice and snug I felt on it... makes me wonder if they'll be comfy for longer drives. Being that I'll be ridding the side airbags, I did like the Brix's raised and wrapped sides.
I've driven like 600km drives straight, not really long distance wise, but that can take from 10~11 hours easy here and I don't feel fatigued from the seat. I dare to say that the stock seat would make me feel so if driven the same amount of time.

Noxmo09, it's one reason why when I ordered my 5R Integra I went with the black Recaros, because even the Recaros in red fade to a pinkish color. It really depends how much the seats see the sun and your location to the sun. When I lived down on Okinawa, not once did I see a really red Recaro in whatever Type R I met up with that went that route in interior color.

Old 05-21-2011, 08:24 AM
thanks guys... well, today we shall see if I'll dive into one...

Old 05-21-2011, 10:44 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by 555sexydrive
I'll chime in, using FX rails, non-sliding and only ones that conform to FIA regs, seats are ZetaIII also have FIA certification and the rail #s are H203 and H204 and of course whatever rail type you choose. For the GE there are RO, MO, YO, FO and FX available.

Seat positioning is much improved, at least for me, I like that it doesn't slide, even more secure and the seat is set up for me and me only. I even altered my side stays to lower the rear of the seat some. This involved cutting out a part of the seat frame, but really it is not needed. My Snisen's rails were individual side mounts and were not connected together in any way except for the seat holding them together. I still have the front cross bar. I would like to lower the rear a bit further, but this will involve cutting away some more metal from the sides. Picture this L and from that about 2" in from the rear edge and about 1.25" from the side edge. This will allow another about 15mm of lowering ability.

Zero install concerns, at least here on the JDM model. You have crappy seat airbags I believe (f'n government in your shite), so you will most likely need to jumper the connection to not have your SRS light up on the dash.
Making it work is one thing, but what about insurance if you have an accident...

I want to install an aftermarket seat too... but not at the price of voiding my insurance!

Old 05-22-2011, 01:29 AM
5 Year Member
Sorry not my concern. Thankfully Japan's government doesn't mandate like over there. The side bags are available as an option, which is how it should be. Then again, if the US would adopt stringent licensing procedures versus the Easy Bake cake way it is, maybe all the ridiculous "safety" equipment could be cut back. Cut out the PORK, or at least make it lean pork.

Old 05-22-2011, 08:34 AM
@Fitter123: my fit is a daily and the nature of my work requires a lot of driving miles (insurance won't be happy if they see me on seats without airbags LOL) so I'll be using stock seats with airbags... for track and other events, I'll be using racing seats. I'll also be installing a cage soon...

@Noxm09 & 555sexydrive: Can you hit me up on more rail options and info? Thanks!

Old 05-22-2011, 10:16 AM
5 Year Member
@Fitter123: my fit is a daily and the nature of my work requires a lot of driving miles (insurance won't be happy if they see me on seats without airbags LOL) so I'll be using stock seats with airbags... for track and other events, I'll be using racing seats. I'll also be installing a cage soon...

@Noxm09 & 555sexydrive: Can you hit me up on more rail options and info? Thanks!
I've read someone saying that the aftermarket seats would not be a problem for insurance, but rather for the law... Is it true?

What do you think about aftermarket seats with airbags? I saw some REcaros have some

Old 05-22-2011, 10:19 AM
5 Year Member
Well the Bride #s are H203 and H204 for the GE and depending how the seat mounts, usually the reclining ones mount from under versus on the sides like the buckets. So that would determine what mount to use. I believe the MO is an under type mount.

Check on Bride's US page to be sure, they should have the fitting guide on there. Think their page in the US is Bride Super Seat

Old 05-25-2011, 12:19 AM
^^ no under mount Bride rails for GE... has to be custom made (somewhere along those lines) upon request/order. Got this info earlier direct from Bride

Originally Posted by Noxm09
I am using Wedge Engineering brackets on my sparco's they actualy used my car to create the jig for them you can give them a call and see if you can use them on the brides unless you want to pay $250 for each bride rail. I payed $60 by the way for each Wedge rail.
I can most likely get the Bride rails at dealer cost but that Wedge Eng. option sounds really good too. Can you give me more info on the rail they made you? Is it a complete rail or still going to use the stock rail (or part of the stock rail)? Who do I need to talk to at Wedge?

thanks

Old 05-25-2011, 12:31 AM

Who's doing your cage? Are you getting it done to a particular sanctioning body's requirements? It'll have to be DOM, and the diameter will depend on weight.

I desperately need a cage for the Laser.

FML. I haven't been able to do anything to either car since I started with the new company. 14 hour days every other day

Ideally, I would love to drop my little red rat off to get the cage and the exhaust done up at the same time. Then have you guys do a one off turbo back exhaust with a cut-out for the Fit when my schedule allows.

Currently I am commuting 40 miles each way between my house and either the Lombard or Schaumburg office..

The RAV4 doesn't get the mileage that I could justify putting the Fit down for any given period of time with gas >$4/gal

Old 05-25-2011, 02:18 AM
I want a cage and a new seat. Evil since I'm the only one that knows what you do lol. Let's become partners so I can get cool stuff faster ha

Old 05-25-2011, 02:22 AM
5 Year Member
Just checked and the RO and MO are for reclining seats and on the Japanese Bride page both are available for the GE.