2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

CR-Z aluminum lower arms...

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2012, 06:25 PM
Originally Posted by blackndecker
There is no substance in this thread. I posted detailed pics of the CRZ subframe and Fit GE subframe along with the knuckles and brakes. I contrasted the similarities between the two (by part number) and showed exactly what parts would be necessary for the conversion. I even was kind enough to quantify the total price. All of this information can be found in my "Biggest loser" thread.
Thank you for your contribution.

Nobody's mad. I just see the thread devolving into a pissing match and it doesn't really belong here. It's paramount to a turbo thread turning into a gas grade debate

Sorry bro *hugs*

Old 06-08-2012, 06:31 PM
Originally Posted by Wanderer.
Thank you for your contribution.

Nobody's mad. I just see the thread devolving into a pissing match and it doesn't really belong here. It's paramount to a turbo thread turning into a gas grade debate

Sorry bro *hugs*
Hahaha...I don't ever get mad about these impromtu internet jam sessions...quite the opposite, they provide the much needed diversion from work

The biggest problem with this forum, is the lack of stickies. The moderators simply do not care enough to make this forum better for building discussion and disseminating information.

It is unfortunate how many great threads come and go in this forum. This contributes to a dumbing down of the forum and redundant threads. This also breeds impatience...Sometimes it's easier to troll than repost a long page of technical information over and over again.

Old 06-08-2012, 06:37 PM
It is unfortunate how many great threads come and go in this forum. This contributes to a dumbing down of the forum and redundant threads. This also breeds impatience...Sometimes it's easier to troll than repost a long page of technical information over and over again.
I know, I see this happening a lot more often lately and I haven't even been here that long

It's not like we can go to another Fit forum, so just trying to preserve this one. Fit subforum on HT is a ghosttown.

But i'm doing what I said I shouldn't and mucking up the thread! haha

Over and out.

Old 06-08-2012, 06:57 PM
5 Year Member
That's great news about the Insight, I'd wondered about the CRZ LCAs. They do look the same on the parts chart, but that's no guarantee of fitment.

They're quite expensive but with such terrible F/R weight distribution on our cars, lower unsprung weight in the front is probably going to make a substantial difference in feel ... unfortunately aluminum parts aren't good to buy after a crash so it'll make junkyard diving less useful. Maybe find a rear-ended Insight? Shouldn't be long - they drive slowly.

Old 06-08-2012, 07:07 PM
Originally Posted by fujisawa
That's great news about the Insight, I'd wondered about the CRZ LCAs. They do look the same on the parts chart, but that's no guarantee of fitment.
No offense, but this is exactly what I mean about dumbing down the conversation. I did not rely on the fact that these parts "look the same on the parts chart"...that would be the silliest way to compare fitment.

If you would bother to look at the thread I referenced above "Biggest Loser...Fit edition", I went so far as to cross compare the subframes between these cars. I'm not going to give you the answer....you can look it up yourself.

They're quite expensive but with such terrible F/R weight distribution on our cars, lower unsprung weight in the front is probably going to make a substantial difference in feel ... unfortunately aluminum parts aren't good to buy after a crash so it'll make junkyard diving less useful. Maybe find a rear-ended Insight? Shouldn't be long - they drive slowly.
Again, I quoted the wholesale price of doing the swap. There are other avenues to find cheap parts...perhaps those were also mentioned in the "Biggest Loser...Fit edition" thread. This is my contribution to the community on how to shed weight from the GE Fit. That thread is probably the most comprehensive discussion on the topic. It should have been a sticky...but I'm not resentful or anything.

Old 06-08-2012, 07:10 PM
5 Year Member
blackndecker
Why are you still posting here !!!!!

Last edited by phenoyz; 06-08-2012 at 11:16 PM.
Old 06-08-2012, 08:13 PM
Originally Posted by phenoyz
Why are you still posting here????
Because I still own a Fit...

BTW, nice contribution to this thread. Useless post much?

Old 06-08-2012, 09:53 PM
5 Year Member
BnD, I thought you traded your Fit in for the Boss?

(I'm on k20a lol)

Old 06-08-2012, 09:57 PM
Originally Posted by mike410b
BnD, I thought you traded your Fit in for the Boss?

(I'm on k20a lol)
Haha....it's a small world. What is your user name over there?

No I haven't sold my Fit yet...I've had to order some random interior parts to get it ready to list locally. Once I sell it, I hope I can use the money to finally finish my civic build.

Old 06-08-2012, 10:19 PM
5 Year Member
I don't post much but TahitianGreen is what I go by.

Old 06-08-2012, 10:24 PM
5 Year Member
rough! maybe i'll do less commentary.

Old 06-08-2012, 11:06 PM
rough! maybe i'll do less commentary.
Lol...that's just my abrasive personality. Feel free to comment, that's what forums are for.

Old 06-08-2012, 11:56 PM
5 Year Member
I gotta say thanks guys. In a forum full of "will this rub" / "what's that noise" / "how to install a f#@king armrest" I really appreciate what you all bring to the table. I'm not saying I'm not guilty of the former, but we need people like you to keep this from being an extension of an OEM accessories catalog. Thanks again!

Old 06-09-2012, 12:19 AM
Here is a link where I discussed the subframe part #s...scroll down half way:
https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/2nd-...dition-14.html

This is a continuation of that discussion:
https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/2nd-...on-design.html

Old 06-09-2012, 01:55 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by lowkeymods
I gotta say thanks guys. In a forum full of "will this rub" / "what's that noise" / "how to install a f#@king armrest" I really appreciate what you all bring to the table. I'm not saying I'm not guilty of the former, but we need people like you to keep this from being an extension of an OEM accessories catalog. Thanks again!
second.

although while we're here i do have a quick question about tire rubing... *ducks*

Old 01-14-2013, 12:19 PM
hmmm

Name:  KGrHqJpIFCDQeSgsBQrFnQWy6g60_57.jpg
Views: 1778
Size:  128.0 KB
Name:  DSC05310-120612.jpg
Views: 1666
Size:  114.7 KB

Old 01-14-2013, 12:41 PM
Did you buy the CRZ LCAs or are you just posting random pics?

Old 01-14-2013, 01:31 PM
Did you buy the CRZ LCAs or are you just posting random pics?

Those are the actual pictures of the 2 different arms, i was looking into it but don't want to plunge and spend the money if it might not fit.

Old 01-14-2013, 01:32 PM
5 Year Member
the crz front and rear fits ive heard from a friend just saying said he will even help me out to install it but i dnt got the funds for the parts labor well its a good firend : / so yeah

Old 01-14-2013, 01:55 PM
Originally Posted by Mini_Odyssey
Those are the actual pictures of the 2 different arms, i was looking into it but don't want to plunge and spend the money if it might not fit.
:facepalm:
Sorry to be a d!k, but have you even bothered to read any of the info/links I've shared? This will work but (may) require custom axles. I already proved using Honda part numbers that these will bolt up to the Fit subframe...I don't understand why you guys are still confused about this?

Quick Reply: CR-Z aluminum lower arms...