2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.

how slow is ur ge8?

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2011, 02:29 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by BlackPearlFIT
Both False!
I love the L15, even more than the k20 (which is ugly, but obviously more performance oriented).
mike410b... why do you try to start drama with people, how do you assume his fit is riced out/ruined?
i hope someone puts you in your place with a l15 fit...
No. The K20 is a nice looking engine, although no where near as nice as the old B and H series (which is ugly next to the 4AG series, Nissan L and RB series, etc), the L just looks weird man.

Just not a nice looking engine:

And have you seen fitisbamf's Fit? It has zipties, a ghetto rigged rep Mugen grill and huge ugly exhaust tips. So I don't have to assume, anyone can see it.

Puts me in my place with an L15 Fit? How so? I drive an L15 Fit, I know that its tragically slow in stock form. I've owned D and B series Hondas. I've owned 4g6x powered Mitsus. I've driven LSx powered monsters. I've driven a 1.8T GTi.

The Fit is out of its element in a straight line, that's a fact and any one with serious intentions for the car gets rid of the L at some point (outside of Spoon who kept the L to stay in a certain class for endurance racing). J's has gone K, JCrim went K, so on and so on.

Old 09-14-2011, 02:49 PM
Supervillain
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by mike410b
And people don' rev at a Fit if its not riced out/ruined.
Wahhhh I is sad now.

Some dude in a caged CRX kept trying to instigate me into racing him or something on the freeway last weekend. I ignored him for literally like 8 miles but he was really starting to annoy me and my girlfriend. I was surprised because his CRX was simple and functional, I would have expected more maturity out of that guy. He just kept coming up on me, then passing me, cutting me off, then changing outta my lane, slowing down, and repeating. When I'm on the freeway I just want to pick a lane, stay in it, and cruise to my goddamn destination. Not constantly adjust speed because some cool guy keeps fucking around.

Then a day after that, somebody in a EG civic flew up alongside me on the freeway, downshifted and held speed next to me for a few seconds, then blasted off. This also happened when I was just cruising at like 70mph in the second lane.

I haven't done anything cosmetic to my car in over 3 years, and suddenly everybody's trying to fuck with me, WHY! I did wash my car before all this, it's rarely ever clean.

You, the OP, seem like the type of person who goes around fucking with people on the freeway when they just want to be left alone. I understand you want to have fun, but I hope you don't constantly goad other drivers in an attempt to piss them off into racing you. If that's the case, they really aren't racing you, so you can't claim victory. They're really just venting their anger by being aggressive on the throttle, without intent to win the race.

Last edited by doctordoom; 09-14-2011 at 03:20 PM.
Old 09-14-2011, 03:20 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by fitisbamf
I want to hear abot every1s ge8, I kno a lot of u are not into racing, its not really what the fit was for... but isn't it annoyin when people come up revin at u? Don't u just want to show them a lesson? Idk just my thoughts, I'm making a new intake mani. With little velocity stack (like itbs in a manifold) any wya I plan on having it almost 2-4in. Shorter then our plastic mani. This will increase where the tq and hp are delivered... I'm aiming for over 5000rpm... the fit seems to have most tq at 4800 rpm. So a 400 rpm boost will hold just a little more power when I rev out or shift up. (Since it doesn't drop past 5000 rpm while racing....) I kno it makes it hader to drive daily but who cares... I will use the stock runners since I want to pass smog... but that's whatever, I'm goin to gasket match with a slight "polish" on the runners when I have them off. This Thursday I think I'm goin to do the tb collant bypass and if I can find a catch can ill do a slight wire/vacuum tuck... I loves clean bays!
my ge8 = stock minus a doremo hanging from the rear view mirror and red steering wheel inserts. no one revs at me... im sure they're thinking they'll see an old person driving when they pull up.

anyone with a rattle can is going to get flamed or categorized as a "racer", even cars that are decently fast. LOL! i do not talk down on aftermarket exhausts, because sooner or latter i'll probably have one, but it's just all part of the how the culture or hobby is viewed, simply put.

Old 09-14-2011, 03:26 PM
5 Year Member
No. The K20 is a nice looking engine, although no where near as nice as the old B and H series (which is ugly next to the 4AG series, Nissan L and RB series, etc), the L just looks weird man.

And have you seen fitisbamf's Fit? It has zipties, a ghetto rigged rep Mugen grill and huge ugly exhaust tips. So I don't have to assume, anyone can see it.

Puts me in my place with an L15 Fit? How so? I drive an L15 Fit, I know that its tragically slow in stock form. I've owned D and B series Hondas. I've owned 4g6x powered Mitsus. I've driven LSx powered monsters. I've driven a 1.8T GTi.

The Fit is out of its element in a straight line, that's a fact and any one with serious intentions for the car gets rid of the L at some point (outside of Spoon who kept the L to stay in a certain class for endurance racing). J's has gone K, JCrim went K, so on and so on.
i have to agree here... it is a bit harsh, but it is truth. i do believe that there's always potential, but as mike mentioned, out of the box the car is slow.

but thought this picture looks similar minus the intake and plastic cover in the front: LOL

Old 09-14-2011, 04:28 PM
ugh... yea our engine bays are fugly as hell. ge8 is 10x worse than the gd.

Old 09-14-2011, 04:33 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by doctordoom
Wahhhh I is sad now.

Some dude in a caged CRX kept trying to instigate me into racing him or something on the freeway last weekend. I ignored him for literally like 8 miles but he was really starting to annoy me and my girlfriend. I was surprised because his CRX was simple and functional, I would have expected more maturity out of that guy. He just kept coming up on me, then passing me, cutting me off, then changing outta my lane, slowing down, and repeating. When I'm on the freeway I just want to pick a lane, stay in it, and cruise to my goddamn destination. Not constantly adjust speed because some cool guy keeps fucking around.

Then a day after that, somebody in a EG civic flew up alongside me on the freeway, downshifted and held speed next to me for a few seconds, then blasted off. This also happened when I was just cruising at like 70mph in the second lane.

I haven't done anything cosmetic to my car in over 3 years, and suddenly everybody's trying to fuck with me, WHY! I did wash my car before all this, it's rarely ever clean.

You, the OP, seem like the type of person who goes around fucking with people on the freeway when they just want to be left alone. I understand you want to have fun, but I hope you don't constantly goad other drivers in an attempt to piss them off into racing you. If that's the case, they really aren't racing you, so you can't claim victory. They're really just venting their anger by being aggressive on the throttle, without intent to win the race.
Lolz. You have wheels and are lowered though right? That will draw a fair bit of attention. That's the only thing I'm not looking forward to about my white wheels.

Originally Posted by bunz559
i have to agree here... it is a bit harsh, but it is truth. i do believe that there's always potential, but as mike mentioned, out of the box the car is slow.

but thought this picture looks similar minus the intake and plastic cover in the front: LOL
Small pic, what am I looking at?

Old 09-14-2011, 08:41 PM

ya but my ghetto rig works... anyway it want all by choice alot of things happen on the freeway and u just kinda got to move on so i ziped up a few things cuz im a student who is broke... but i dont like to race the fit in straight lines.... its not its game but it just shows if it wins, it wins.... nough said. i like to race on a track or mountain love the twisties.... if my exhaust is ugly im sorry, i think stock exhaust is in effecient using over 360* at the point where exhaust has least amount of energy... oh well i think it looks ugly too but thats somethin else... the l is beautiful apperently we have cam lift adjustability with our vtec? sorry ur l15 is simple basic e-vtec....

Honda Worldwide | Technology Picture Book | i-VTEC

there is a ge8 at the top..... just sayin

i dont normally drive so agressive however i was told my fit was slow, with that i needed evidence to prove my statement. if some1 doesnt want to race i dont race them... i have alot of vids of what looks like they might race but then they dont if ud like to see those vids.... (this isnt the first vid i took) but i think people are getting worried fits might be fast... ge8's look sporty so y not? idk y they do it but im sorry.

good to here other people posting but im hunting a wrx if any1 has 1 i want to beat u....

Old 09-14-2011, 08:44 PM
umm F*CKING BEAUTIFUL!

Name:  crz.jpg
Views: 99
Size:  72.7 KB

Old 09-14-2011, 10:16 PM
5 Year Member
If that's beautiful your eyes are broken. And LOL at your exhaust being better for performance.

Old 09-14-2011, 10:27 PM
what does the 5speed make @ the wheels on a dynojet

Old 09-14-2011, 10:32 PM
If that's beautiful your eyes are broken. And LOL at your exhaust being better for performance.

over the factory unit... yes

Old 09-14-2011, 11:34 PM
over the factory unit... yes
taking the spare wheel out of the technically gives you an increase in performance too

Old 09-15-2011, 12:05 AM

Last edited by DiamondStarMonsters; 09-15-2011 at 12:07 AM.
Old 09-15-2011, 12:49 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by tuning g
what does the 5speed make @ the wheels on a dynojet
IIRC I saw a stock GD do like 86? I know it was well under 90.

Old 09-15-2011, 03:11 AM
Originally Posted by SSMTEN
taking the spare wheel out of the technically gives you an increase in performance too

i have taken alot more then that out of my fit...

Old 09-15-2011, 08:57 AM
i have taken alot more then that out of my fit...
I was just trying to point out that the term, "performance boost" is relative.

Old 09-15-2011, 09:15 AM
Small pic, what am I looking at?
Looks like a 2001-2002 Toyota Corolla with an intake...

*edit

I love how this thread has both extremes agruing their sides. It reminds me of Congress.

Last edited by Schoat333; 09-15-2011 at 09:18 AM.
Old 09-15-2011, 09:31 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Schoat333

*edit

I love how this thread has both extremes agruing their sides. It reminds me of Congress.
Can't be congress, one side is actually right

Old 09-15-2011, 10:48 AM
Originally Posted by Schoat333

*edit

I forgot what we were arguing about..

Old 09-15-2011, 12:11 PM
Originally Posted by SSMTEN
I forgot what we were arguing about..

my fit can beat a wrx... i have done it and will continue to beat them but a member claims that the wrx is god....

Quick Reply: how slow is ur ge8?