2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

how slow is ur ge8?

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2011, 12:43 PM
5 Year Member
WRX isn't god. But your GE is slow, realize it, acceptance is the first step on the long road to recovery.

Old 09-15-2011, 12:50 PM
Originally Posted by fitisbamf
my fit can beat a wrx... i have done it and will continue to beat them but a member claims that the wrx is god....
Was the driver of the wrx alive? If so, did he have the key in the ignition? Or know which pedal to push (the one on the right)

Because think about it... the wrx is superior to the fit in just about every single performance related statistic you can provide about a car. So either the other driver was an incompetent idiot, or you are delusional.

oh and just to humor you, i did actually race someone a few months ago. It was stupid, lame, and i was pressured into it. Kids, dont street race, its the dumbest thing ever...and illegal.

He was driving an automatic a4 jetta with a 2.slow (backseats removed LOL). I have an intake, axleback, and a short-shifter. From a dig, I got him by 1 1/2 car lengths up to 60. from a 10mph roll, 1/2 car length at 60, still pulling. I shifted perfect everytime.

OUR CARS ARE SLOW. the only reason I barely "beat" the guy is because his car was even more horrendously slow than the fit

Last edited by SSMTEN; 09-15-2011 at 12:58 PM.
Old 09-15-2011, 01:53 PM
Originally Posted by SSMTEN
OUR CARS ARE SLOW. the only reason I barely "beat" the guy is because his car was even more horrendously slow than the fit

Our cars are not slow, other cars are just faster.

I guess it depends what you're doing too, if you're trying to street race in it against an aggressive driver it'll probably fall behind. If you're commuting in traffic it seems plenty fine.

Old 09-15-2011, 02:21 PM
Originally Posted by cblais
Our cars are not slow, other cars are just faster.
Thats the same thing lol. its relative.

Old 09-15-2011, 02:33 PM
Thats the same thing lol. its relative.
Different state of mind. Saying your car is slow is suggesting that there's an need for it to accellerate to some speed in a shorter period of time. My Fit feels more then fast enough for me - I don't need to race people, I can clear stoplights just fine and I can stay with traffic on the highway.

Conversely, I can maneuver on curvy, fun roads without losing much speed. 40mph feels really fast when the posted speed limit is significantly less due to curves!

Edit: The Miata/MX-5 is widely praised as one of the best "drivers" cars in existence. It has a 2.0L engine that's not going anywhere in a hurry, but has amazing handling and a great shifter, making it a real pleasure to drive.

Old 09-15-2011, 03:03 PM
Originally Posted by cblais
Different state of mind. Saying your car is slow is suggesting that there's an need for it to accellerate to some speed in a shorter period of time. My Fit feels more then fast enough for me - I don't need to race people, I can clear stoplights just fine and I can stay with traffic on the highway.

Conversely, I can maneuver on curvy, fun roads without losing much speed. 40mph feels really fast when the posted speed limit is significantly less due to curves!

Edit: The Miata/MX-5 is widely praised as one of the best "drivers" cars in existence. It has a 2.0L engine that's not going anywhere in a hurry, but has amazing handling and a great shifter, making it a real pleasure to drive.
gotcha. i was speaking strictly in terms of speed in a straight line. no doubt the Fit is fun in the corners.

Straights are for fast cars
Corners are for fast drivers

Old 09-15-2011, 03:56 PM
Was the driver of the wrx alive? If so, did he have the key in the ignition? Or know which pedal to push (the one on the right)

Because think about it... the wrx is superior to the fit in just about every single performance related statistic you can provide about a car. So either the other driver was an incompetent idiot, or you are delusional.

oh and just to humor you, i did actually race someone a few months ago. It was stupid, lame, and i was pressured into it. Kids, dont street race, its the dumbest thing ever...and illegal.

He was driving an automatic a4 jetta with a 2.slow (backseats removed LOL). I have an intake, axleback, and a short-shifter. From a dig, I got him by 1 1/2 car lengths up to 60. from a 10mph roll, 1/2 car length at 60, still pulling. I shifted perfect everytime.

yes the wrx tend to let their bov's off next to me so i backfire back since i dont have a bov.... this usually leads to the 3 honk start, at which point the wrx awd system is holding it back.... i have a physics proffesor who owns an awd legacy he said his awd holds him back and when we found hp/ weight and tq/ weight we found the numbers are damn f*cking near close so yes, cars are faster then the fit but realitively the fit isnt slow...

Old 09-16-2011, 12:00 PM
my own 2 cent sucka

a4 vs my fit- the fit won!!! lol
mustang vs fit- same

but the thing about fit is small and good gas millage, plus it doesnt look tht bad compare to some other car who agree?
and then fit actually is not slow if ur dodging car like in traffic but in straight line i think i would be embarrass
but i own a 09 paddle shifter fit and i love it. recently i installed dyi:sri and it is very lovely =]
no hate on anyone fit but is there any fit for show yet? cause im building mine into show car over time =]

Last edited by thebear224; 09-16-2011 at 12:10 PM.
Old 09-16-2011, 12:28 PM
Check this thread sucka

Old 09-16-2011, 02:30 PM
oh nice i like that thread thanks !!!!

Old 09-16-2011, 04:42 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by fitisbamf
...cuz im a student who is broke...
English student?

Old 09-16-2011, 07:49 PM
Originally Posted by BKKJack
English student?

na we went over this.... this is ff not my enrish crass.... im not typing to get a get something on here... if u dont understand just tell me and ill see if i can write it more clearly...

Old 09-16-2011, 08:34 PM
5 Year Member
My fit is soooo much faster than any of y'alls.. I wreck shop on dem vette's ya herdd?

Old 09-17-2011, 01:57 AM
I was going with a early 2000 Porsche 911 on the way home from work. He gapped me a little in full power uphills (as well he should, car cost 6x more than my Fit) but when it came to the corners I caught right back up with him. It was a 1 lane road and I never passed him so I guess I "lost" - He was more than a little surprised that he couldnt shake me.

Mods: Denso IK22s, DIY SRI, Magnaflow catback, Eiback ProKit, Cusco ft strut brace, Progress rr sway bar. Stock 15" base rims with fresh front Yokohama Avid Envigor tires and 50% worn rears.

PS - He could probably hear my stereo much of the time in his convertible

Old 09-17-2011, 02:44 AM
I can shit all over a WRX and G37 with my Fit all day long.... yep. at the gas pump with my high mpg's. woooooooooo

Old 09-17-2011, 12:12 PM
Originally Posted by Jay784
I can shit all over a WRX and G37 with my Fit all day long.... yep. at the gas pump with my high mpg's. woooooooooo

amen to tht hahahahah
fit only cost like half of those cars? lol

Old 09-17-2011, 01:15 PM
I can beat most cars with one gallon of gas, if I drive slowly and the race is 29 miles. Paddle shifters on my steering wheel make me feel like a man.

Old 09-17-2011, 01:30 PM
Thumbs up

I took a utility van on the inside on the freeway onramp yesterday. It was intense.

Old 09-17-2011, 05:07 PM
5 Year Member
I took a girl in the back seat. It was intense.

Old 09-17-2011, 11:38 PM
Originally Posted by Jamy
I took a girl in the back seat. It was intense.
thank god for all the space back there huh?

Quick Reply: how slow is ur ge8?