2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Member/Owner! Hello!

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2011, 07:19 PM
New Member/Owner! Hello!

Hello Fit Freaks!

I've been on your site quite a bit the last few weeks researching the Fit. Well I finally got off my but and went out and traded in my 99 Expedition for an 09 Fit base.

Although its an 09 my GE8 only came with 7000 Kms! Pretty sure it still had factory oil in it lol.

Anyways thought I'd pop in and say hello to you all! Seems there's quite the community of owners here and I am looking forward to hearing your feedback about my car.

Well rather then hit post I'll tell you a few things about myself.
Im 20 and just moved out and got rid of my gas GUZZLING suv. It was nice, loud and had big shiny rims but it ate about 3x as much fuel as my fit. It was a daily driver that my parents gave to me to drive for a while.

My previous car was a 1994 Volkswagen Golf CL. 2.0L 8v ABA swapped in with a turbo setup. It was initially a small turbo that made about 180-200 est whp. The setup consisted of an old KKK turbo/manifold from a diesel 8v VW. This pushed air @ around 15 psi with stock internals no problem. 42 LB injectors and a shrick 260 cam were also in the top end.

Megasquirt 2.2 for fuel and MSD for spark were also in the car.

Theeeeen I decided to go full retard with the car....

Holset HX35 Turbo, custom log t3 manifold, 38mm wastegate on the rear end....

Ran 7 psi fine off that big turbo spooling at 4000 rpm. Then went to 13 psi but unfortunately I had a Boost controller issue and spiked 25 psi lol. Destroyed the rings in the engine and blew up the transmission.

Im damn sure it made over 250 wheel for the short time it lived though lol. I just about got another block/trans for it seeing as its DIRT cheap for 8v stuff. ...

But when I moved out I didnt have time for the car anymore so i parted it and moved on.

Also had a 86 corolla SR5 Liftback for a winter, that was awfully fun.

And my first car was a 1991 Audi 90 Quattro 20v... My god I'll tell you about love and a car. Amazing machine.

Anyways onto the Fit. 09 GE8 Base. 7000kms, Red, power windows, armrest and the all weather floormats. Has some 15 steels with winter rubber and my 16x7 Konigs off my golf for the summer.

Looking to get an intake/exhaust sooner then later and next summer I want some nice 15x8's (Possibly the Axis Sakuras.. wish I could get them in pink but that would look odd with red) and some coils.

I figure with all the powertrain warranty left I'd stance out the Fit for a while while I pay it off and then hopefully there'll be a bolt on forced induction route to take then.

Anyways thanks for stopping by to see my wall of text. I'll slap some pictures of up my Fit and Golf as a reward.

CAUTION. VOLKSWAGEN MAY BE SCARY TO LOOK AT. IT WAS "GHETTO BOOSTED" ON THE HOLSET.

This was last summer..

And this spring...

Old 09-29-2011, 02:34 AM
5 Year Member
Welcome Cipher! Nice pix.

Old 09-29-2011, 04:09 AM
sup. I have a history of VWs as well. I've owned a mark 2 GLi 16v and a mark 4 jetta VR6 12v. they are tanks but I got tired of the high maintenance.

have fun with your fit!