2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Some say it couldnt be done...

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2012, 04:10 PM
5 Year Member
What is wrong with some of you people?

If you think it looks like "shit," well then, that's your OPINION, stop acting like it means anything more than that. I don't like the way it looks either, but what do I care? It's not MY car.

In terms of aesthetics, let people do whatever the hell they want.

If you want to argue the merits of usability and potential damage, that's a different matter.

Old 01-15-2012, 04:13 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Goobers
What is wrong with some of you people?
You should be asking the OP that

Old 01-15-2012, 04:24 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Hondafrk
You should be asking the OP that
*sigh*

Again, what do I care what he does? So what if I don't like it. So what if the majority on this forum (or at least the posters in this thread) don't like it. Does that give any of us the right to say "No, you can't do that, because I think it looks ugly." Give me a freaking break.

I don't like all those "hella-whatever," hell, I think all the people that instantly put on roof racks are silly... when they don't actually put anything ON the roof racks themselves. You don't see me telling them not to do it.

You go do your thing, I'll do my thing, and let's let him do his thing. Whatever happens to his car, it's HIS car to deal with. The best we can do, is offer advice or warnings on potential issues. I'll even offer my opinion on occasion, but let's not think opinions mean anymore than that.

Old 01-15-2012, 04:34 PM
5 Year Member
*sigh*

Again, what do I care what he does? So what if I don't like it. So what if the majority on this forum (or at least the posters in this thread) don't like it. Does that give any of us the right to say "No, you can't do that, because I think it looks ugly." Give me a freaking break.

I don't like all those "hella-whatever," hell, I think all the people that instantly put on roof racks are silly... when they don't actually put anything ON the roof racks themselves. You don't see me telling them not to do it.

You go do your thing, I'll do my thing, and let's let him do his thing. Whatever happens to his car, it's HIS car to deal with. The best we can do, is offer advice or warnings on potential issues. I'll even offer my opinion on occasion, but let's not think opinions mean anymore than that.
I agree... it looks like shit but like you said, that's my opinion. there's shittier looking cars around here and other places I've lived. My comments are about the safety and potential damage to the fit itself as well as others. none of us I'm sure want to see similar to what happened to.. ______ (can't remember) with the shock tower separating. I'm also sure that none of us want the potential for a 2500lb missile sliding across the road at us either after a blowout or rocks hurled at us.

~SB

Old 01-15-2012, 04:38 PM
5 Year Member
but let's not think opinions mean anymore than that.
I don't think mine does, but I don't care one bit to share my thoughts.

That's the beauty of a public forum

Old 01-15-2012, 04:49 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by specboy
I agree... it looks like shit but like you said, that's my opinion. there's shittier looking cars around here and other places I've lived. My comments are about the safety and potential damage to the fit itself as well as others. none of us I'm sure want to see similar to what happened to.. ______ (can't remember) with the shock tower separating. I'm also sure that none of us want the potential for a 2500lb missile sliding across the road at us either after a blowout or rocks hurled at us.

~SB
I definitely wouldn't want to be in the same vicinity of someone suffering catastrophic damage (unless I can help or something). That's why I have no problem with posts about axle or wheel bearing issues.

I don't think mine does, but I don't care one bit to share my thoughts.

That's the beauty of a public forum
uh...

Old 01-15-2012, 05:40 PM
5 Year Member
uh...
You know those people who say what they think? I'm one of them. Maybe you'll understand that.

Old 01-15-2012, 08:53 PM
Lets clear a few safety issues up.

1. Yes 195's are WAY TO FKIN SMALL.

Did I not say I wanted to go up to 205's or 215's? Yeah stretch is never good but its a fkin HONDA FIT NOT A TRACK CAR S2000. So lets negate a bead popping.

2. Wheel bearings. Woopde shit. Im a mechanic by trade and they are not expensive or hard to do. Most of you think its a big deal making an air intake.

3. The shock tower thing? I Pmed the guy who had it separate, and it was because HE HIT A FKIN POT HOLE WITH A SLAMMED STIFF SUSPENTION CAR.

My friends TRUCK had a shock tower separate hitting a massive bump.

MOST of the fit forums are mechanically retarded if you think I'll pop a shock tower.

PS. At $250 for 4 rims im getting a decent deal IN CANADA WHERE I LIVE.

So everyone, please step down from being assholes. I had these on for 1 day to get a few laughs before I have to seriously think of how I can make them fit or if I wanna put them on my 86. I bought these because I think its fun to be 100% different and to keep these rims in the family. Buddys old room mate had these on a miata a few years back.. They couldnt even make them flush on that.

So have fun continuing your banter. Ill be going out for another drive tonight.

Old 01-15-2012, 09:00 PM
5 Year Member
So you're going to ruin an AE86 too?

Damn man. You suck at cars.

Although it makes sense, mechanics do tend to suck.

Old 01-15-2012, 09:02 PM
Originally Posted by mike410b
So you're going to ruin an AE86 too?

Damn man. You suck at cars.

Although it makes sense, mechanics do tend to suck.
Yeah actually. I have a rusty AE86 I used as a winter beater and its getting a KA24 Im putting carbs on.

Super el cheapo drift missile. U mad?

Old 01-15-2012, 09:23 PM
5 Year Member
Cool you picked the one engine lamer than the 4AC

Old 01-15-2012, 09:37 PM
Cool you picked the one engine lamer than the 4AC
I kno rite.

I <3 the Honda forums. You guys are so cool and know all.

Old 01-15-2012, 10:13 PM
5 Year Member
The above poster has never been on Zilvia.

Old 01-15-2012, 10:26 PM
The above poster has never been on Zilvia.
Cool.

10char

Old 01-15-2012, 10:46 PM
5 Year Member
You know those people who say what they think? I'm one of them. Maybe you'll understand that.
oh, i understand that plenty of people speak their minds.

but saying "i don't care to share my thoughts" implies that you DON'T speak your mind.

Old 01-15-2012, 11:33 PM
5 Year Member
glad to hear there steeleis :-) i think everybodys hatin. do whatever you want cipher, just dont kill anybody with them things. everyones got there opinion. have fun though.

Old 01-15-2012, 11:40 PM
5 Year Member
btw the KA24 in the 86 is an awesome idea. wish i thought of it. ive never seen so much cluster fuck and hate over two pictures of wheels.

Old 01-15-2012, 11:59 PM
5 Year Member
Yeah its totally never been done before :door:

Old 01-16-2012, 12:17 AM
5 Year Member
Just to echo what he ^ said, there's a reason some things have never been done before. They shouldn't be done.

Old 01-16-2012, 12:33 AM
5 Year Member
Cipher! post pics of the swap when youre done. im gonna go look it up now on google or something.

Quick Reply: Some say it couldnt be done...