2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.

Some say it couldnt be done...

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2012, 08:29 AM
Some say it couldnt be done...

Theres a thread in the wheel forum but I'll leave this here too for those who only check this area.

And it only slightly rubs the liner a FULL lock.

Although the rim and the caliper carrier machined each other about a mm... from what I thought I saw... I did mess that up myself.. I think worst case I get two new carriers for $200 ish and I order some 15x8's for the front and get 5mm spacers to avoid another rim rubbing carrier issue... But when I take em off tomorrow after doing some good milage today and they seem alright I'll run em.

So heres my poke. 15x10 et is guesstimated around -10 to -20... 195/50/15's....

Haters gunna hate. And yes Z style over fenders will be 3m'd on this spring.

Old 01-14-2012, 09:48 AM
5 Year Member
At this point... I'll give you props for being ABLE to do it... but it ain't my cup of tea. Hell, I'm annoyed at the "poke" I am getting NOW with my setup... and it's a pretty mild setup (205/50/16 on 16x7 +43). I wish the front would be a little bit more in.

Old 01-14-2012, 11:15 AM
Never have, nor will I ever understand this trend. In the 90s people would run offsets like this to make their cars look like a skateboard. Seemed especially popular on early to mid 90s Accords for some reason. I didn't like it then and I don't like it now. I hope your car doesn't end up like FitDeez with the shock tower tearing away from the body. Good luck.

Old 01-14-2012, 11:35 AM
Originally Posted by ShadowMoses
Never have, nor will I ever understand this trend. In the 90s people would run offsets like this to make their cars look like a skateboard. Seemed especially popular on early to mid 90s Accords for some reason. I didn't like it then and I don't like it now. I hope your car doesn't end up like FitDeez with the shock tower tearing away from the body. Good luck.
And in the 70's we put Gabriel Hijackers on and jacked the rear as high as we could, in the 80's pastel colors where the rage. Every generation does something that defines them as them, 20 years from now the current generation will look at the popular fad going on and shake their heads in disbelief. I say Party On to whatever floats your boat and enjoy your youth

Last edited by YouKantPimpInaKIA; 01-14-2012 at 11:57 AM. Reason: spelin
Old 01-14-2012, 12:19 PM
5 Year Member
good job for bein able to do it, id be scared to parallel park that things. that and anyone could walk up with a hammer and severely fuck up your wheel.

Old 01-14-2012, 01:59 PM
Originally Posted by rgibson89
good job for bein able to do it, id be scared to parallel park that things. that and anyone could walk up with a hammer and severely fuck up your wheel.

They are a steel rim so we should be sorta okay... Plus they'd probably de bead the tire first lol...

Im getting 205's like nobodys buisness this summer so these are safer to drive on

What happened to Fit deeze? How did a shock tower tear away!?!

Old 01-14-2012, 02:26 PM
Originally Posted by YouKantPimpInaKIA
And in the 70's we put Gabriel Hijackers on and jacked the rear as high as we could, in the 80's pastel colors where the rage. Every generation does something that defines them as them, 20 years from now the current generation will look at the popular fad going on and shake their heads in disbelief. I say Party On to whatever floats your boat and enjoy your youth
Do you presume I wasn't around during those eras? I mentioned the 90s because this fad has taken the skateboard look a little far. Enjoy your youth, please. It has nothing to do with that. The OP said so himself, the sidewalks are barely holding on to the wheel. Lot of enjoyment that will provide when a tire comes unseated, a 195 on a 10" rim no less, and causes an accident. "How'd you enjoy your youth?" Oh, I stretched my tires beyond reason, list 1 of them on a manhole cover and hit a family of 4." Has nothing to do with looks.

Old 01-14-2012, 02:35 PM
Originally Posted by ShadowMoses
Do you presume I wasn't around during those eras? I mentioned the 90s because this fad has taken the skateboard look a little far. Enjoy your youth, please. It has nothing to do with that. The OP said so himself, the sidewalks are barely holding on to the wheel. Lot of enjoyment that will provide when a tire comes unseated, a 195 on a 10" rim no less, and causes an accident. "How'd you enjoy your youth?" Oh, I stretched my tires beyond reason, list 1 of them on a manhole cover and hit a family of 4." Has nothing to do with looks.
My main point was that not everybody's idea of "cool" is the same, and the "enjoy your youth" it was a general statement to all the wacky things we all do when we are younger and was not directed to you alone in any way, I am sorry if I confused you with my post.

EDIT: Now I am assuming the OP is on the younger side?

Last edited by YouKantPimpInaKIA; 01-14-2012 at 02:49 PM.
Old 01-14-2012, 02:44 PM
5 Year Member
that loooks hilarious lool.

Old 01-14-2012, 02:49 PM
Yeah im 20 years old.

I got an AWESOME deal on em $250 for the set. So I though ehhhh why not.

Yes its retarded. Yes I know I need wider rubber. And Yes the 195's wont be staying on this summer.

Even I know this kinda stretch is retarded.

And I also only kinda bought em as my room mate knew the rims off his buddys miata from years back.

Haters gonna hate.

Old 01-14-2012, 03:19 PM
Super Moderator
this has nothing to do with "haters hating" that there is beyond stupid looking, and this is coming from a guy that loves the hellaflush and stanced cars

Old 01-14-2012, 03:23 PM
Originally Posted by MNfit
this has nothing to do with "haters hating" that there is beyond stupid looking, and this is coming from a guy that loves the hellaflush and stanced cars
Its not supposed to look "flush" or "stanced". Its supposed to be goofy and Im the only one running 10 inch wide rims on a fit. It makes people smile at how silly it is and thats what matters.

I do my ridiculousness car things so people can smile.

I do it for teh Lulz.

Old 01-14-2012, 04:27 PM
Super Moderator
your not the only one or the first, Felixy has been running a 10" wide rim for a year or more now. any smiles you see are most likely people laughing at you. If your happy with it then go you.

Old 01-14-2012, 04:58 PM
5 Year Member
your not the only one or the first, Felixy has been running a 10" wide rim for a year or more now. any smiles you see are most likely people laughing at you. If your happy with it then go you.
Agreed.

It's also Illegal in most if not all states. The wheel cannot be past the fender or it becomes dangerous (throwing rocks, and other debris off the wheel and at others cars or worse, pedestrians) It wouldn't surprise me if the OP got pulled over too. That's why you don't see open-wheeled vehicles on the road.

~SB

Old 01-14-2012, 09:03 PM
5 Year Member
Even stretching a 205mm tire on a wheel that is 255mm wide is ignorant. The sidewalls are not made for this. One good jaunt and you pop the bead and have a blowout and possibly a huge accident involving innocent vehicles because you want to make others laugh at you while driving.

Plus you don't realize how much damage you are doing to your wheel bearings, do you?

Old 01-15-2012, 05:53 AM
Im Canadian, I see 1-ton daily driven rig rockets that poke 10-20 INCHES of tire.

I should be fine with flares.

I also know exactly the effect on wheel bearings. They're just Honda wheel bearings, its not like I'm replacing them every month anyways. Once a year is affordable.

As far as safe stretch goes yes 195 is retarded. 205's in the right brand wont be horrible. If I feel like it I COULD try test fitting 215's.

Telling me this is a waste of money wont work either. I dumped 8g into a mk3 Golf in a year to blow it up.

To each their own.

I thought I'd share my fit 10's with no rubbing. But you all seem to be hating pretty hard. Hence why im going to take my massive dish and lip and put a "haters going to hate." sticker in it.

Ill post back in the spring after the snow clears and I sort over fenders out....

Old 01-15-2012, 07:22 AM
Super Moderator
First let me say sorry if I lead you to believe I actualy cair what you spend your money on, truth is I don't. You wanted to show off your 10" wide wheels on the Fit, good for you. We maybe would have been impressed if you actualy took the time to do it right. Slapping some wheels on your FIt and say "look it can be done" is not impressive and your doing it wrong. Felixy already did it and he did it the right way, and guess what his car looks bad ass.

Go ahead and get your sticker, convince yourself your car is dope and every one is just a hater. Pro tip though if every one things it looks dumb then maybe, just maybe we arn't the haters and it's you.

Have a nice day and post up some pics when you get the fenders

Last edited by MNfit; 01-15-2012 at 09:45 AM.
Old 01-15-2012, 07:46 AM
First let me say sorry if I lead you to believe I actualy cair what you spend your money on, truth is I don't. You wanted to show off your 10" wide wheels on the Fit, good for you. We maybe would have been impressed if you actualy took the time to do it right. Slapping some wheels on your FIt and say "look it can be done" is not impressive and your doing it wrong. Felixy already did it and he did it the right way, and guess what his car looks bad ass.

Go ahead and get your sticker, convince yourself your car is dope and every one is just a hater. Pro tip though if every one things it looks dumb then maybe, just maybe where. It haters and it's you.

Have a nice day and post up some pics when you get the fenders
Will do! Till then it finally snowed again. The winters are back on and Ill be heading out for some 6 am fun!

Hopefully spring doesnt take too long! If it does I may get adapters and get these on my 86 for shits and giggles too!

Old 01-15-2012, 03:53 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Cipher
I thought I'd share my fit 10's with no rubbing. But you all seem to be hating pretty hard. Hence why im going to take my massive dish and lip and put a "haters going to hate." sticker in it.
Your car looks like shit, that is all.

Old 01-15-2012, 04:06 PM
5 Year Member
You don't do it 'for teh lulz', that was just a lame cop out because EVERYONE thinks it looks stupid and dangerous.

lol @ $250 for pos, soft, heavy steal wheels being a good deal. Not even close.

The reason you did this is because you're a brokeass who thinks 'hellaflush' BS is cool and wanted to be 'hellaflush' for the least money possible, but are lacking the miniscule level of intelligence and/or understanding of how width/offset play into the fitment on a car.

Quick Reply: Some say it couldnt be done...