2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.

Some say it couldnt be done...

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2012, 01:01 AM
Originally Posted by rgibson89
Cipher! post pics of the swap when youre done. im gonna go look it up now on google or something.

Thanks R gibson!

I wont kill anyone, in my group of car friend we dont mind fucking around as long as no one other then the driver or their car is damaged/hurt. We all take our risks but like to keep them to ourselves.

I'll defiantly try and make a thread on here when the 86 gets under way. But with one friends 240 just getting the last of his Blacktop SR swap being done and my room mates 240 sitting there getting a few patch ups after he slid into a post I have no room to pull the 4ac.

Also, things that usually arent dont arent done because people dont have the balls. Fuck the hella flush trend, I wanna stand out.

Old 01-16-2012, 01:36 AM
5 Year Member
PEOPLE HAVE DONE THE KA INTO THE 86 SWAP. IT HAS BEEN DONE.

IT SUCKS.

You're not doing anything special, I don't see why you think you are.

Old 01-16-2012, 03:16 AM
Originally Posted by mike410b
PEOPLE HAVE DONE THE KA INTO THE 86 SWAP. IT HAS BEEN DONE.

IT SUCKS.

You're not doing anything special, I don't see why you think you are.

The KA is free because friend is using my garage to blacktop his 240. So as far as Im concerned your not as special.

Plus your an ass. I've had lots of people say it looks stupid but in a nice way and I dont mind. But you are taking asshattery to a new level.

PS.

Monster dish.

I think you jelly.

Old 01-16-2012, 03:41 AM
Super Moderator
I really don't think Mike410b or anyone else is Jelly of your "monster dish". You can keep the dish and I'll play with my "monster" HP and tq (for a Fit) and go have some real fun

Old 01-16-2012, 04:47 AM
Originally Posted by MNfit
I really don't think Mike410b or anyone else is Jelly of your "monster dish". You can keep the dish and I'll play with my "monster" HP and tq (for a Fit) and go have some real fun

Stock power is too much for my winter wonderland so you can keep all of that.

And as far as real fun goes I bet your fit couldn't touch my old golf. Buying a Fit for HP isnt really a great idea. For the price of a supercharger kit I could buy and build a car that makes 100 more hp then you.

Pic related, that would suck your fit in and blow it out no problem.

Old 01-16-2012, 05:00 AM
5 Year Member
I spend 6 months away from the forums and come back to find this sh!t? Hopefully this distasteful display is not all the advancement our platform has seen.

I'll just leave this here:
Name:  20746k2.png
Views: 55
Size:  50.0 KB

It logically follows that the type of person who would put these ridiculous wheels on his fit is not the type of person who would be well versed in... anything remotely technical. It's kind of like how you don't see doctors taking colon cleanse pills. Congrats, your wheels are the colon cleanse pills of the automotive enthusiast world. Being 20 is no excuse. I'm 22 now and I was 21 back when I turbo'd the GE8.

Ehh, on second thought, who cares. After re reading this thread he doesn't have his ego as tied up in these wheels as I intially thought. Rather, he just pushed back against the criticism rather than adpating and melding over it. But he didn't push back hard enough to warrant getting verbally berated by me. It just sickens me to see things like this come up rather than new exciting advancements for our car.

Last edited by Lyon[Nightroad]; 01-16-2012 at 05:56 AM.
Old 01-16-2012, 09:08 AM
5 Year Member
In order for me to be jelly, I'd have to:

-A: Think those could ever be cool on anything.
-B: Have something worse, my wheels are better.

Old 01-16-2012, 09:16 AM
Super Moderator
LOL, Welcome back Lyon, how is the GE treating you?

Originally Posted by Cipher
Stock power is too much for my winter wonderland so you can keep all of that.

And as far as real fun goes I bet your fit couldn't touch my old golf. Buying a Fit for HP isnt really a great idea. For the price of a supercharger kit I could buy and build a car that makes 100 more hp then you.

Pic related, that would suck your fit in and blow it out no problem.

<PIC>
LOL stock power is to much for you in winter? I have done two winters supercharged with no issues. Maybe you need more practice driving in winter.

My Fit can't touch your Golf, you mean the one you blew up? LOL I'm sure my running car can take that thing. I never baught the fit for HP, that's just silly. The car just has become what it is over 4 years. I would also love to see you buy a car and make a 100 more HP, reliable, then my car for less then $5,000.00. That is aboot the price of a supercharger.

Old 01-16-2012, 11:01 AM
In for pics with flares.

This is mildly entertaining if nothing else.

Old 01-16-2012, 02:24 PM
I lost the first copy of Tokyo Drift. Twas a sad day.

And yes, 117hp is more than enough for a few inches of snow in a fwd car that has a diff that refuses to spin both tires at once. Why add more power? I could only see running a supercharger/turbo a hinderence when its as cold as it gets here.

And pictures with flares are a ways away. Not only do I have to research adn find something that MIGHT fit but theres ordering and spending the money when I should be putting money into the corolla fund.

And yeah Wanderer, I broke out the popcorn on page 1 of this thread. Nothing like but hurt people on the internet to cap off a good weekend.

Oh and in regards to making 300 wheel reliably for 5g It could be done. Purchase an ABA powered mk3. And then turbo it.

The ONLY thing I did wrong on my setup was spike boost with a faulty controller while tuning. I'd like to see a Honda fit survive 30+ psi off a holset and life a few weeks of daily bashing to tell the tale. The only reason I got rid of it was I had just moved out and the asshat I was living with would not let me keep it. Life got in the way of me spending $200 for a new block and a new trans.

Last edited by Cipher; 01-16-2012 at 02:30 PM.
Old 01-16-2012, 03:56 PM
Originally Posted by Cipher
And pictures with flares are a ways away. Not only do I have to research adn find something that MIGHT fit but theres ordering and spending the money when I should be putting money into the corolla fund.
Sheetmetal + rivet gun.

Make it happen captain. :thumbup:

Old 01-16-2012, 04:49 PM
Originally Posted by Wanderer.
Sheetmetal + rivet gun.

Make it happen captain. :thumbup:
I love your style.

Bosozoku/Shakotan Fit FTW.

I woulda already hit up the metal store if it wasnt for the fact I may wanna sell the car at one point in time.

Old 01-17-2012, 04:49 AM
Supervillain
5 Year Member
Can you post video of your car being driven, or a full shot of the car?

I'm really curious how it looks as a whole.

Old 01-17-2012, 05:22 AM
Originally Posted by doctordoom
Can you post video of your car being driven, or a full shot of the car?

I'm really curious how it looks as a whole.
Wish I could. Unfortunately Canada decided to start being Canada again and it went from 0c on Friday when I bought these back to -32c tonight after dumping snow.

:/

Old 01-18-2012, 03:36 PM
Originally Posted by YouKantPimpInaKIA
And in the 70's we put Gabriel Hijackers on and jacked the rear as high as we could, in the 80's pastel colors where the rage. Every generation does something that defines them as them, 20 years from now the current generation will look at the popular fad going on and shake their heads in disbelief. I say Party On to whatever floats your boat and enjoy your youth
i'm shaking my head on this unsafe bs now. forget 20yrs from now....

Old 01-19-2012, 12:56 PM
Originally Posted by Nicotine
i'm shaking my head on this unsafe bs now. forget 20yrs from now....
The Hijackers or my stretched tire?

Old 01-19-2012, 09:30 PM
Interesting