2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.

Corner lights (above headlights) don't always turn on

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2012, 06:29 PM
5 Year Member
Question Corner lights (above headlights) don't always turn on

This started happening after lowering the Fit. Started out with just the driver's side but passenger has recently started doing it as well. I notice it when coming out to the car at night from work, when unlocking the car, the lights are supposed to flash on & off, most the time at least one doesn't. Usually it's the driver's side but sometimes passenger. I've never seen both not come on...one of the two always flashes.

I can tap on the housing and the light turns on immediately, so does it sound to anyone like loose connections or what? I'm guessing while trying to get the strut loose to get it out, maybe a wire was pulled loose or something. My hands are too big to fit back in that area to really look around. Don't want to disassemble everything either.

Headlights & fogs have always worked just fyi.

Old 04-20-2012, 07:52 PM
5 Year Member
Mine does this too, but I have swapped out the bulbs for chrome ambers. Not sure how frequent it is, because I'm hardly ever outside the car with the lights on, and forget to check it otherwise. It's probably just a loose connection.

Old 04-22-2012, 12:13 AM
5 Year Member
Have you lowered your car?

Old 04-22-2012, 12:42 AM
5 Year Member
Maybe it's just a blown bulb that needs to be replaced.

Because of it's filament nature... the filament can burn and break at a point that may resume contact, making it look like it's fine.

Old 04-23-2012, 05:38 PM
5 Year Member
Guess it could be, but the drivers side has been this way for at least a year.

Old 04-23-2012, 06:07 PM
5 Year Member
Yeah, well... a bad bulb is still a bad bulb, one year later.

Replace em both and see what happens. Bulbs are cheap.

Old 04-23-2012, 07:32 PM
5 Year Member
Had a similar problem. Remove the socket and bend the metal contacts in to the center more as to create more tension on the 194 bulb, then reinstall. Hit unlock on your key fob (not lock as it won't blink with your hood open) to check it as the bulbs are polarity-specific I do believe.

Old 07-08-2012, 02:57 AM
Originally Posted by Hondafrk
This started happening after lowering the Fit. Started out with just the driver's side but passenger has recently started doing it as well. I notice it when coming out to the car at night from work, when unlocking the car, the lights are supposed to flash on & off, most the time at least one doesn't. Usually it's the driver's side but sometimes passenger. I've never seen both not come on...one of the two always flashes.

I can tap on the housing and the light turns on immediately, so does it sound to anyone like loose connections or what? I'm guessing while trying to get the strut loose to get it out, maybe a wire was pulled loose or something. My hands are too big to fit back in that area to really look around. Don't want to disassemble everything either.

Headlights & fogs have always worked just fyi.
A year ago, i was into the same boat as yours. I believe if you've already checked blown out bulbs but found nothing, it could be an issue on the wiring or personally i can say, there might be some incompatible things happened or the corner lights issue rather. I'm using Anzo corner lamp which i believe has the quality and durability.