2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

iPhone 3GS and 2012 Fit

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2012, 06:53 PM
5 Year Member
iPhone 3GS and 2012 Fit

Weird issue today. Maybe someone can shed some light.

This morning I plug my iPhone into the Fit. No issues. I start streaming some music on Jango and all is well.

Fast forward to this afternoon: I plug in and can't hear anything when streaming music? When I unplug, music starts playing.

With it plugged in, I can take phone calls just fine.

I get home and plug it in to charger and can stream music fine.

What could be the issue? Thanks for any help!

Old 06-02-2012, 11:47 PM
5 Year Member
I think the problem is it is not a Droid

Just kidding, did you restart the phone? Just a suggestion. I have only used my iPod in the Fit, not the phone yet.

Old 06-03-2012, 12:03 AM
5 Year Member
Yep, I restarted the phone. Plays all my iTune music through USB just fine. Tried it again today. As soon as I unplug it I get sound. Only when I stream music. Not going to worry about.

Thanks for the reply!

Old 06-03-2012, 12:17 AM
5 Year Member
What is Jango? Have you tried playing through the standard music player on the iPhone?

Old 06-03-2012, 12:26 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by mike410b
What is Jango? Have you tried playing through the standard music player on the iPhone?
Mike,

Jango is a Pandora type app, without the annoying ads. Maybe one ad a day. Pandora, with the ads from Hades, is just ridiculous these days. Raditaz is another one that's worth a look.

It plays just fine with/without headphones though iPhone. Once I plug it into USB, it stops playing. This is only when streaming music. Weird. Oh well, not going to worry. It plays all my music on iPhone perfectly.

Old 06-05-2012, 05:47 PM
I have a 3GS as well and wonder if it's similar to the issue I have when using the music player. When I play from a playlist, it plays fine. Issues come at connect/disconnect. Sometimes I can re/connect and resume play within the playlist without a problem. Other times when I re/connect, the iphone starts playing at the first tune of the entire music library, which is incorrect. I then have to completely select my playlist again if I want to return to it. This is even if I have the playlist set to repeat. I have yet to figure out what's up...and it only happens in the FIT, not any other iphone docking device.

Old 06-12-2012, 10:33 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by dwhopson
I have a 3GS as well and wonder if it's similar to the issue I have when using the music player. When I play from a playlist, it plays fine. Issues come at connect/disconnect. Sometimes I can re/connect and resume play within the playlist without a problem. Other times when I re/connect, the iphone starts playing at the first tune of the entire music library, which is incorrect. I then have to completely select my playlist again if I want to return to it. This is even if I have the playlist set to repeat. I have yet to figure out what's up...and it only happens in the FIT, not any other iphone docking device.
Interesting. I was playing my collection the other day and then switched over to streaming. This time it was fine? Weird.

Another weird issue is, the charging stops if I take a call. Only happens when I take a call. Otherwise, charging works fine in Fit. I just unplug it now when a call comes in.

Old 06-18-2012, 09:58 AM
5 Year Member
You're using the built in USB connector in the glovebox? And it will play streamed music that way? I got frustrated with the built in USB and hooked up my own bluetooth setup.

Was just out playing with the USB. How do you get the iphone to not say "dock connected" so that you can choose your music through the iphone interface rather then the radio interface?

Old 06-18-2012, 12:47 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by DigitalDude65
You're using the built in USB connector in the glovebox? And it will play streamed music that way? I got frustrated with the built in USB and hooked up my own bluetooth setup.

Was just out playing with the USB. How do you get the iphone to not say "dock connected" so that you can choose your music through the iphone interface rather then the radio interface?
I don't think that's possible. I tried, but says "dock connected" like you said. The built in USB is kind of frustrating.

The built in USB streamed music for me. I was listening to my music on the phone and switched over to Jango. It streamed for me this way. I'm not going to use it this way.

Old 06-18-2012, 01:36 PM
5 Year Member
I've figured out a way to do it. i downloaded an app called Music+. If you launch that app, you can then control your music through it rather than the radio.

Unfortunately, the built in USB setup will not play phone calls through the radio speakers (you have to use the iphone speaker or a bluetooth speaker). I'm sticking with my bluetooth to AUX setup. I can control my music, play podcasts, take calls, and charge the iphone.

Also, how do you like your VG Shark Fin Antenna? do you recommend one?

Last edited by DigitalDude65; 06-18-2012 at 01:40 PM.
Old 06-19-2012, 02:55 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by DigitalDude65
I've figured out a way to do it. i downloaded an app called Music+. If you launch that app, you can then control your music through it rather than the radio.

Unfortunately, the built in USB setup will not play phone calls through the radio speakers (you have to use the iphone speaker or a bluetooth speaker). I'm sticking with my bluetooth to AUX setup. I can control my music, play podcasts, take calls, and charge the iphone.

Also, how do you like your VG Shark Fin Antenna? do you recommend one?
The VG Shark is great. I would get it from VG. Great service and product.

I might have to check out that app. Is it free?

Old 01-12-2013, 02:48 PM
Hi. I have a similar problem. Just bought a 2013 base Fit last week. First time I used the USB connection with my iPhone 4s, I was able to stream the NPR app fine. No aux cable necessary, the sound played through the car speakers perfectly.

Tried again today, a week later, and there was no audio through apps (Safari, Soundcloud, Rdio, NPR, Google Maps). Tried it with my phone and a brand new iPhone 5. Checked the connection, multiple cables, and different hardware (iphones). The OP didn't seem to care about streaming but this is the only way I listen to music in the car. Can anyone help?

Old 01-12-2013, 02:55 PM
5 Year Member
It's worse now with iOS 6, so that pretty much confirms it'a Apple's buggy software. Sometimes I plug it in and it says "connect retry" after playing my music on the phone for a minute or so. Sometime it's says "not supported" or something like that. When I unplug and re-plug it in it works fine. Apple is a mess. I hold out no hope they'll get it right when they release 6.1.

Old 01-14-2013, 07:00 PM
i have a android always use bluetooth streaming i think if your gonna hook up through usb. turn bluetooth mode off see if that works.