2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Kid On The Block

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2012, 12:14 PM
New Kid On The Block

Hey so I'm new to cars and I don't know much of anything... And i was thinking the first thing I'd get is and cool air intake but Idk which I should get for my 09 Honda fit sport...any help and suggestions are appreciated!

Old 06-09-2012, 12:19 PM
Originally Posted by UrNbrHoodVandal
Hey so I'm new to cars and I don't know much of anything... And i was thinking the first thing I'd get is and cool air intake but Idk which I should get for my 09 Honda fit sport...any help and suggestions are appreciated!
Takeda Intake. You can get it for 160 on amazon. Amazon.com: aFe TA-1003P Takeda Cold Air Intake System: Automotive

Old 06-09-2012, 05:13 PM
Originally Posted by krunk13
Takeda Intake. You can get it for 160 on amazon. Amazon.com: aFe TA-1003P Takeda Cold Air Intake System: Automotive
thanks! Preciate it...what fit you got?

Old 06-12-2012, 11:38 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by UrNbrHoodVandal
If you are "new to cars and don't know much of anything", why are you interested in buying a CAI? Because others are or is the latest fad? Why not use the money on GAS and get familiar with the car and DRIVING first?

Old 06-12-2012, 11:41 PM
I have a GE8

Old 06-13-2012, 01:18 AM
Originally Posted by hogwylde
If you are "new to cars and don't know much of anything", why are you interested in buying a CAI? Because others are or is the latest fad? Why not use the money on GAS and get familiar with the car and DRIVING first?
Lol I know how to drive its just I don't know a lot about the mechanical aspect of cars

Old 06-13-2012, 09:29 PM
5 Year Member
First thing you should do is read the forums. The CAI will net you a few HP for a few days but the FIT's computer will compensate for the additional air and your HP will go back down as the computer is tuned for fuel economy. Your end result will be $160 for a louder intake sound...

Like others said, learn to drive the car... I mean really drive the car. (99.9999999% of people who say they know how to drive, absolutely do NOT know how to drive). then put your money into components that will help improve your ability to drive the car. Lighter wheels & stickier tires (benefit all around - accelleration, braking, handling...), then upgraded suspension, Brake pads, etc...
Then... learn to drive...again, really DRIVE and go track the car so you can pass people with twice the HP but no skill.

Most important... read... so you know what the car is capable of.

~SB

Old 06-13-2012, 10:45 PM
Originally Posted by specboy
First thing you should do is read the forums. The CAI will net you a few HP for a few days but the FIT's computer will compensate for the additional air and your HP will go back down as the computer is tuned for fuel economy. Your end result will be $160 for a louder intake sound...

Like others said, learn to drive the car... I mean really drive the car. (99.9999999% of people who say they know how to drive, absolutely do NOT know how to drive). then put your money into components that will help improve your ability to drive the car. Lighter wheels & stickier tires (benefit all around - accelleration, braking, handling...), then upgraded suspension, Brake pads, etc...
Then... learn to drive...again, really DRIVE and go track the car so you can pass people with twice the HP but no skill.

~SB
good, accurate advice

Old 06-14-2012, 11:41 AM
Originally Posted by specboy

~SB
What he said...I put the takeda cai on my fit and I noticed the change in power as time went by...is still better than stock...the vtec sounds nice though...

Old 06-14-2012, 12:10 PM
Word...preciate everyones advice n shit

Old 06-14-2012, 05:31 PM
5 Year Member
What???

~SB