2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.

clunk/pop noise on turning

Old 06-13-2012, 07:22 PM
5 Year Member
clunk/pop noise on turning

if i drive left into a tight space and then go full lock and reverse out i get a clunk/pop noise comming from the passenger side (whether anyone is sat on that side or not) it only does it once not clunk clunk clunk. it doesn't seem to do it if i go tight right into a space and the noise is always from the left/passenger side

has anyone else had this problem, it cant be cv joints the car is too new with only 10,000 easy miles on it, i suspect the sway bar bushes

thanks for your help

Old 06-14-2012, 12:00 AM
this happened with the Si's : the bolts for the steering rack need to be removed, lock tite, and retorqued down. some si's bolts wernt torqued properly. i wonder if that also applies here. (it would clunk at full turn)

and im not sure if the fit is the same, but my si : the front struts have the tops, and they are full of ball bearings. mine wern't right and made a clunk noise at full turn. replacing that fixed it.

Old 06-14-2012, 04:34 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by monkeydave
if i drive left into a tight space and then go full lock and reverse out i get a clunk/pop noise comming from the passenger side (whether anyone is sat on that side or not) it only does it once not clunk clunk clunk. it doesn't seem to do it if i go tight right into a space and the noise is always from the left/passenger side

has anyone else had this problem, it cant be cv joints the car is too new with only 10,000 easy miles on it, i suspect the sway bar bushes

thanks for your help

Just because it only has 18k miles doesn't mean a cv joint is not baZd.

Old 06-14-2012, 04:55 PM
5 Year Member
I think it is trying to tell you to park on the correct side of the road

Have the dealer check it out

Old 07-24-2017, 06:16 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Nicotine
this happened with the Si's : the bolts for the steering rack need to be removed, lock tite, and retorqued down. some si's bolts wernt torqued properly. i wonder if that also applies here. (it would clunk at full turn)

and im not sure if the fit is the same, but my si : the front struts have the tops, and they are full of ball bearings. mine wern't right and made a clunk noise at full turn. replacing that fixed it.
i am at the Honda Dealership right now experiencing the same issue...the steering rack(cradle) bolts were not torqued after the damage repair and produced the same sound....fixed now!