2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.

Spoon Sports part "IN"

Old 08-18-2012, 09:49 PM
Spoon Sports part "IN"

I have decided to outFIT my car with Spoon Sports parts. My budget is around 6k but I can go as high as 7k.

Yes I understand that there are cheaper options but why not go with quality?

I have a GE8 (2012 Sport)

I have contacted the official Canadian supplier and asked for a complete list of Spoon Sport parts they either have on hand or can order from Japan. Next week I should be getting an answer.

Feel free to comment on my below choices and if I am missing anything usually available from Spoon Sports.

My short list includes:

1-The front stabilizer bar (will this add/interfere with my progress RSB?)

2- Complete brake upgrade:

a: What rotors are recommended? I am assuming they make the calipers / pads and brake lines..

b. Will this fit with my OEM sport wheels? meaning is there enough room to accommodate these breaks?

c: What about the rear drum brakes...leave them OEM I suppose?

3- Rigid Collar (someone explain what this does for that kind of money)

4- Spoon Blue Wide Rear View Mirror Lens. ( The side mirrors are almost $1000 and would take too much away from my budget for now)

5- Spoon N1 muffler. I am sure there are all kinds for sale but am looking for a new one. Sorry guys.

6- Spoon progressive springs.

7- Spoon rear spoiler

8- Spoon throttle body

9- Spoon Valve cover.

10 - Spoon radiator cap and one sock for my AT brake fluid reservoir.

11 - Spoon engine dress-up. I mean the radiator hoses. ( I also need a recommendation to replace the fitting on my CAI...They will need to be blue. I need a supplier that manufactures blue rubber fittings. The Spoon valve cover is yellow or red...but I will be getting that sucker painted Spoon blue)

Comments always appreciated.

Last question. I am planning on putting one Spoon Sport decal on my CBP Fit. Which one and where?

Last edited by Dwalbert320; 08-18-2012 at 10:03 PM.
Old 08-18-2012, 10:07 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Dwalbert320
I have decided to outFIT my car with Spoon Sports parts. My budget is around 6k but I can go as high as 7k.

Yes I understand that there are cheaper options but why not go with quality?

I have a GE8 (2012 Sport)

I have contacted the official Canadian supplier and asked for a complete list of Spoon Sport parts they either have on hand or can order from Japan. Next week I should be getting an answer.

Feel free to comment on my below choices and if I am missing anything usually available from Spoon Sports.

My short list includes:

1-The front stabilizer bar (will this add/interfere with my progress RSB?)

-This will counter it. You'll lose some of the oversteeriness/neutrality from the RSB. I imagine the car will still feel worlds better than OEM though.

2- Complete brake upgrade:

I wouldn't recommend the full Spoon BBK unless you just want the aesthetic component. Its very, very expensive for what you're getting. Its a nice setup nonetheless.

a: What rotors are recommended? I am assuming they make the calipers / pads and brake lines..

b. Will this fit with my OEM sport wheels? meaning is there enough room to accommodate these breaks?

I doubt anyone can comment on this, I'm fairly sure Spoon calipers are similar in size to DC2 ITR ones, not 100% on that though.

c: What about the rear drum brakes...leave them OEM I suppose?

Yep.

3- Rigid Collar (someone explain what this does for that kind of money)

I've heard mixed reviews. Some people says it sharpens turn-ins, helps to improve alignment, etc. Others say they feel no difference.

4- Spoon Blue Wide Rear View Mirror Lens. ( The side mirrors are almost $1000 and would take too much away from my budget for now)

5- Spoon N1 muffler. I am sure there are all kinds for sale but am looking for a new one. Sorry guys.

I see my video did some good!

6- Spoon progressive springs.

If I were you I'd skip out on the Spoon BBK and buy Spoon's shock/spring combo. That way the dampers will be perfectly matched to the springs, improving handling and ride.

7- Spoon rear spoiler

Cool beans. Do the GE's have tall rear antennae? If so, you may need a shorter one, not 100% sure though.

EDIT: Went out and looked at the 2012 in the garage and it seems like it does. I'd recommend picking up Spoon's shorter one.

8- Spoon throttle body

I'm not sure this will work for the USDM/CADM L15Asomething.

9- Spoon Valve cover.

This is solely aesthetic/bling.

10 - Spoon radiator cap and one sock for my AT brake fluid reservoir.

Comments always appreciated.

Last question. I am planning on putting one Spoon Sport decal on my CBP Fit. Which one and where?

I say get a simple Type One decal and put it on the bottom of the front bumper. IE this:

http://naritadogfight.files.wordpres...pg?w=950&h=592

(The Accord EuroR)

My responses to your Q's are in bold in the OP.

BTW, if I were you....I'd skip the BBK, the valve cover and the throttle body; and price out a manual trans swap.

That combined with the other mods you want...you'd have an incredibly fun Fit!

Old 08-18-2012, 10:14 PM
5 Year Member
I also recommend you pick up some lightweight 15's and throw some nice grippy 205/55/15 tyres on them.

Old 08-18-2012, 11:04 PM
I have taken 20 minutes outside with my Fit to consider some of your suggestions:

Here goes. Give it to me if I am on the wrong track.

1- Front stabilizer bar. I will contact Spoon Sports directly and ask them if I should keep the Progress RSB or ditch it all together.

2- Brakes. Kinda makes sense to ditch the brakes since this is not a race car. I will get my OEM front calipers and rear drums painted Spoon Blue.

This will free up money to purchase the Spoon Coilovers and this way I can get my four corners balanced. (hoping I am using the right terms....I am sure you get the meaning...) This will mean getting RCA's and LCA's. So be it.

3- Rigid Collars- are meant to keep the car stiff. Supposedly after time the car gets loosy goosy....this is my understanding of what they do. (In my technical terms)

4- My OEM antenna is gone. I have a nice Shark Fin. See my pics in my sig thread.

PS I did see the Spoon antenna and I like my Fin better. So be it.

5- Spoon Throttle Body. I will contact Spoon Sports directly and ask.

6- Spoon Valve cover. Bling. Yes. I deserve it. I will be getting that sucker painted Spoon Blue. Because I WANT IT.

7- I am leaning towards a crane decal in silver/chrome to match my I-VTEC SOHC one on my rear doors. The orange would not look good on my RS red inspired FIT. I have red H's front and back plus RS front and back. And of course my ninja death star on my steering wheel. I am seriously considering putting everything back stock and getting Spoon Blue inserts for them all.

The crane would be subtle. The word SPOON on the car would mean nothing to the uninitiated...and therefore will not be putting that on. Still I get your point that the Orange Type One makes it legit...Torn. Very torn.

Mike my good man I am an AT kind of guy sorry. I realize that this is piss poor but it is who I am.

Now 15's? on a 2012 Sport with such a beefy front end? Really? 15's look completely appropriate on a GD. On mine? no way.

Besides even with an unlimited budget I would stick with my OEM Sport 16's. I honestly haven't found better looking to me.

Edit: re-read last part of post. Meaning with the Spoon coilovers would almost require a 15' rim to compensate for the drop? 16's wouldn't work? I will ask Spoon Sports about this as well. Thanks for the heads up.

Last edited by Dwalbert320; 08-18-2012 at 11:09 PM.
Old 08-18-2012, 11:26 PM
5 Year Member
The 16's will be fine with the Spoon suspension, I just love how 15's look on GE's (EX: 555sexydrive and Fit4thetouge)

Old 08-18-2012, 11:34 PM
Just went outside again.....Blue lugs.

I had to do it...noticed? Blue RS in sig

Last edited by Dwalbert320; 08-18-2012 at 11:37 PM.
Old 08-18-2012, 11:45 PM
does anyone have these on their car ? where would we buy them ?

Old 08-18-2012, 11:54 PM
Originally Posted by linnboi
does anyone have these on their car ? where would we buy them ?
Do you mean the blue lugs?

20 HONDA BALL RADIUS STOCK WHEELS LUG NUTS 12X1.5 M12 1.5 CLOSED END BLUE | eBay

Old 08-19-2012, 05:45 AM
5 Year Member
Dwayne! Yes! Spoon!! Make sure it fits or do you have a jdm fit? Spoon makes rotors for the upgrade about 220 apiece. There would be absolutly no reason to buy a spoon valve cover and paint it blue as its a stock valve cover painted yellow. Rigid collar is a aluminum collar that takes up the slack in the bolts between the subframe and frame. The slack is from larger holes than bolts to ease in the original assembly at the factory. Also there is a large amount of fake spoon parts out there be aware. Examples I have a real strut bar and a fake, radiator caps, resevoir covers. I also have a key cover> fake < the bar an cap were from a craigslist purchase. Covers were gifts from the girlfriend I can post pics of the differences if you'd like. The key I just wanted hahaha

Old 08-19-2012, 06:21 AM
5 Year Member
The springs or spring/ fixed damper as mike suggested are great quality products I believe rebadged swift and showa which I believe is what you are running now with this exception the spoon set up was developed for the japanese fit which is lighter soo... the valving is set to the spring rate the spring rate is found best for the car in question a jdm fit. The brakes are extremely pricey if you have the money to spend do it but for thought:
Calipers =$2000
Rotors=$450
Ss brake lines=$200
Type r brackets=$100
extended studs=$50
3mm spacers=$75
Extended nuts=$75
Pads=$100
$3000+ usd without shipping
a lot of spoon fits don't run this setup.
Look into itr caliper upgrade and mini rotors.