2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.

Installing Driver's Seat Mounted Sport Armrest on Base

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2012, 04:52 PM
Installing Driver's Seat Mounted Sport Armrest on Base

Does anyone know if the GE Base Model driver's seat is the same as the Sport Model driver's seat?

In particular, I'd like to know if the Base Model driver's seat threaded nut installed inside the seat frame. I'm talking about the threaded nut in which the driver's seat mounted arm rest (from a sport model) could be installed.

The armrest console instructions show's what I'm talking about on the left side of page 2.
http://www.collegehillshonda.com/ins...13/armrest.pdf

I'm interested in adding the seat-mounted arm rest to a base model Fit. Not interested in the console mounted armrest, as I don't want to lose a cup holder there.

Thanks in advance!

Old 10-02-2012, 05:17 PM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member
that's a good question.... is that mounting part metal on the sport's seats? would placing a magnet on your base seat in that area determine if there's a metal bracket under the cloth?

can you poke around that area to see if you can make out those 4 holes?

might be easier to source a used sport seat from someone that swapped out with aftermarket seats?

Old 10-02-2012, 05:19 PM
Originally Posted by kenchan
can you poke around that area to see if you can make out those 4 holes?
I'm gonna go do this right now because i'm really hoping this is the case

No bracket or anything under the fabric I can feel on my 2010 base unfortunately...

Last edited by Wanderer.; 10-02-2012 at 05:27 PM.
Old 10-02-2012, 05:29 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by warren561
Does anyone know if the GE Base Model driver's seat is the same as the Sport Model driver's seat?

In particular, I'd like to know if the Base Model driver's seat threaded nut installed inside the seat frame. I'm talking about the threaded nut in which the driver's seat mounted arm rest (from a sport model) could be installed.

The armrest console instructions show's what I'm talking about on the left side of page 2.
http://www.collegehillshonda.com/ins...13/armrest.pdf

I'm interested in adding the seat-mounted arm rest to a base model Fit. Not interested in the console mounted armrest, as I don't want to lose a cup holder there.

Thanks in advance!
Do you already have the armrest? If you find out if the seat has the mounting hardware, I have an extra if you need one.

Old 10-02-2012, 05:29 PM
Follow up...

I did some more digging and I found a parts diagram from Majestic Honda - The Internet's #1 Honda Automotive Parts Store

From what I gather, I need two of #7 (as shown in the PDF console mounted arm rest, page 2, step 3) and 1 each of #10, #6, #9, #8, and of course #12.

I found the above diagram under "System Name\Component : FRONT SEAT (L.) (KA/KC)" however, it doesn't list part numbers or descriptions for #7, #10, #6, #9, #8, or #12. I suspect that it is found under a different section.

Old 10-02-2012, 05:37 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Wanderer.
I'm gonna go do this right now because i'm really hoping this is the case

No bracket or anything under the fabric I can feel on my 2010 base unfortunately...
boo~. that sucks. i didn't even know my '12 sport had the minivan arm-rest until after i took delivery. hahaha.

i was going to get the factory armrest option since i can store stuff inside and my 09 has one. im not a huge fan on that folding arm rest to tell you the truth. it's too high for MT shifting.

Old 10-02-2012, 06:21 PM
Originally Posted by Wanderer.
Nuts!

Sounds right since I just noticed that the driver's seat frame part numbers are different between the sport and base models.

Sport: 81526-TK6-A21 (assuming this frame has the holes/bracket for the armrest bolts)
Base: 81526-TK6-A01

Thanks for checking though!

Originally Posted by Rampo
Do you already have the armrest? If you find out if the seat has the mounting hardware, I have an extra if you need one.
I don't have the armrest. I appreciate the offer, but I don't think I'll need it.

Old 10-02-2012, 10:52 PM
2012 Honda FIT|

I found the same diagram, it has the descriptions for each part. Think that may help.

I actually just installed the center myself the other day. If you get a decent armrest, or from someone, it should have parts #10, #6, #9, #8, and #12. I held onto those myself, and #7 is still on my car. Bought a cover for the hole in my seat from someone on here.

Old 10-03-2012, 06:59 AM
5 Year Member
I use the armrest regularly becuase it is better than nothing and after 3 years of ownership, it has deformed and become hard/uncomfortable if I'm driving for more than about 5 minutes. It was a lousy add-on when Honda threw it in there and is NOT worth spending even your time on. I have on my Christmas wish list the center armrest console as the flip down seat mounted thing didn't even last me 30K miles. I don't put a lot of weight on it either.

~SB

Old 10-03-2012, 10:42 AM
5 Year Member
huh, i didnt know this was an 'option' on the 09's. my 09 came with the dealer-installed one with the cubby. this is why i didnt know my '12 had that minivan armrest until after taking delivery. hahahaha. i was for sure going to order that arm rest with cubby but pleasantly surprised i didnt need to.

i only use it on long trips. for surface road driving it just gets into the way of my MT shifting.

Old 10-03-2012, 01:26 PM
5 Year Member
I bought and installed the honda center arm rest/console thing. It has been very nice so far. And don't believe them when they say it can't be installed on the MT fits, they lie.

Old 10-04-2012, 09:41 PM
5 Year Member
huh, i didnt know this was an 'option' on the 09's. my 09 came with the dealer-installed one with the cubby. this is why i didnt know my '12 had that minivan armrest until after taking delivery. hahahaha. i was for sure going to order that arm rest with cubby but pleasantly surprised i didnt need to.

i only use it on long trips. for surface road driving it just gets into the way of my MT shifting.
It wasn't an "option" but standard on the '09s. By Add-On, I was aiming for "Afterthought" as it really was a crappy piece of hardware they installed.

~SB

Old 10-04-2012, 09:45 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by specboy
It wasn't an "option" but standard on the '09s. By Add-On, I was aiming for "Afterthought" as it really was a crappy piece of hardware they installed.

~SB
no way~. my 09 GE sport AT does not have that arm rest.

Old 10-04-2012, 10:10 PM
5 Year Member
no way~. my 09 GE sport AT does not have that arm rest.
your 09 doesn't have the flip down minivan armrest attached to the seat? I could have sworn it was standard on all Sport models.

~SB

Old 10-04-2012, 10:24 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by specboy
your 09 doesn't have the flip down minivan armrest attached to the seat? I could have sworn it was standard on all Sport models.

~SB
nope. that's why i didnt know these FitSports came with one... i didn't even notice it on my '12 until the drive home from the dealer.

Old 10-05-2012, 01:00 PM
5 Year Member
nope. that's why i didnt know these FitSports came with one... i didn't even notice it on my '12 until the drive home from the dealer.
Didn't you mention that your 09 had the center console armrest?
If so then when the dealer installed the center armrest, they had to remove the minivan style mini armrest on the drivers seat, otherwise the center won't fit.
If you don't have the center armrest, check the drivers seat in the location where it's supposed to be and see if there is a plastic "cover"/"plate" (for the lack of a better word) that covers that area it's like a square if I recall correctly. If it has the cover then someone uninstalled the mini van armrest.

If I'm not mistaken ALL 09+ Fit Sports have the mini armrest. My 09 MT came with it, but I had to remove it when I installed the center console.