2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.

got me some issues...

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2013, 12:25 AM
5 Year Member
Honda doesn't normally give loaners (some dealers might).

Way cool news about the warranty coverage. I'm glad they didn't give you a hard time.

Old 01-01-2013, 12:27 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by SilverBullet
Glad the engine did not fall out and its covered under warranty. So what car did they give you?
Nothing.

I didn't buy the Fit from them. I mean, I think the dealers around here only have courtesy cars if the vehicle in question was bought from them. But they did give me a ride home though. I wanted to buy the Fit from them, but at the time, I was being too impatient about getting the Fit.

I've been using my sister's Pathfinder.

Originally Posted by Steve244
Honda doesn't normally give loaners (some dealers might).

Way cool news about the warranty coverage. I'm glad they didn't give you a hard time.
The service guy I talked to actually talked about how he ripped all three of his mounts (Accord Coupe) in under 50k miles. According to him, he's the same guy I talk to everytime I go there... I really should pay attention and get his name. =.="

In all honesty, I can't be sure of anything. I mean, it could be a defect... or it could be caused by my driving. Or maybe it started by one thing during my road trip (when I turned too wide on a hairpin) and then got aggravated later by something else. Or some combination of it all. I dunno.

Last edited by Goobers; 01-01-2013 at 12:32 AM.
Old 01-01-2013, 12:32 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Goobers
Nothing.

I didn't buy the Fit from them. I mean, I think the dealers around here only have courtesy cars if the vehicle in question was bought from them. But they did give me a ride home though. I wanted to buy the Fit from them, but at the time, I was being too impatient about getting the Fit.

I've been using my sister's Pathfinder.
That is weird my wife got a loaner for the steering rack on a leased car. She also got 1 for the TPMS problem too same car. All were fixed in less than a day.

Glad its getting fixed. Hope its not a problem with other cars.

Old 01-01-2013, 12:34 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by SilverBullet
That is weird my wife got a loaner for the steering rack on a leased car. She also got 1 for the TPMS problem too same car. All were fixed in less than a day.

Glad its getting fixed. Hope its not a problem with other cars.
But was the car leased from the same dealer doing the repair?

Old 01-01-2013, 12:38 AM
5 Year Member
But was the car leased from the same dealer doing the repair?
Ya, but that should not matter. All dealers have program cars for this reason especially when covered under the 3yr/36000 mile warranty. It all goes through Honda corporate.

Old 01-01-2013, 12:44 AM
Super Moderator
when i brought in my 2000 accord for repairs, they gave me a 2012 accord as a loaner. they said i was paying alot already for an ECU, least thing they can do for me. really, besides in jipping me for the repair, they really just wanted to tease me with a new car, and trade in my old car. well, it kinda worked, i ended up buying a Fit, but i still kept my old beater.

Old 01-01-2013, 12:46 AM
5 Year Member
Maybe they did not have any of those cars left. I do remember the wife making sure there was a car there before dropping the car off for the TPMS. They were doing a front end alignment too and that was before the rack went out. Maybe it was because it was leased.

Old 01-01-2013, 02:13 AM
5 Year Member
well, I dunno. I just get the impression from the dealers' flyers that courtesy vehicles are for those that bought/leased a vehicle from them.

Old 01-01-2013, 08:56 PM
5 Year Member
well, I dunno. I just get the impression from the dealers' flyers that courtesy vehicles are for those that bought/leased a vehicle from them.
It should not matter. Honda gives them the cars and you are still a customer of Honda.

Old 01-09-2013, 05:33 PM
5 Year Member
I'm so happy, I got my Fit back!

I'm happy that it was covered under warranty, but it looks funny. I don't know if its because the chain case is a cleaner part or maybe its cast differently (or of a different material), but it doesn't quite match the rest of the engine. You can see the"Honda bond" (glue?) protruding all along the seam. Worst case, I'll just scrape all those little bits. The big cylinder part of the side mount is now black (maybe the original was just painted gray?).

I was so used to driving the Pathfinder, when I went to start the Fit, I was like, "turn key... no start? OHH right, it's a stick." Oops.

Old 01-09-2013, 06:00 PM
Question

If you have an opportunity, could you post a picture of the repaired part(s)?

I am interested in seeing if they welded the aluminum or used some sort of adhesive.

Old 01-09-2013, 08:05 PM
5 Year Member
Oh no, everything was straight up replacement.

The side mount actually attaches to the cam "chain case cover," which is removable from the engine. I thought it would be majorly time consuming to get to, but I guess it's not so bad for an experienced mechanic. Considering it's an $84 part, if I had to do it, as time consuming as it would be, I would just replace it and not bother attempting to weld it (at least on the Fit).

Old 01-10-2013, 02:21 AM
5 Year Member
so I was just looking at the older thread and then at the new picture I took.

vs other pic from older thread of someone else's Fit (similar damage)

unfortunately, i didn't take a wider angle picture of the mount before it got replaced on my Fit... but I'm wondering if it was installed wrong.

Namely, the cylindrical part under the single bolt of the mount. Basically, if you look at the top mount piece as a triangle, I'm talking about the bolt on the corner furthest away from the engine. You'll notice in one picture, the cylinder is on top of the mount... but in the other, it looks like it's under the mount.

the first picture, which is how it's installed now on my Fit, is the way the parts diagram shows at Bernardi's parts listing image. And it's the way it's shown in the service manual. I know mine is an MT, and the other image is an AT, but even ATs are shown the same in the images I found.

I dunno... just a thought.

Old 01-10-2013, 06:21 AM
5 Year Member
It's missing a bolt. I'd go screaming back to the dealer. I'll try to post the shop manual page for the psgr side engine mount later.

(It is possible they modified the part; seems to be a design issue...)

Last edited by Steve244; 01-10-2013 at 06:26 AM.
Old 01-10-2013, 06:31 AM
5 Year Member
if you're talking about bolts that attach the mount to the chain case... they're both there. it just looks like a hole.

the "ring" that you see there is the end of the bolt, while the "hole" is a dimple in that end.

Old 01-10-2013, 07:54 AM
5 Year Member
ok cool. Yeah I see what you're talking about now: the spacer on the bolt on the engine mount side of the bracket is on the top rather than on the bottom of the bracket.

That doesn't look right...

I'll try to get the shop manual diagrams up later (maybe tonight).

Old 01-10-2013, 05:18 PM
5 Year Member
I think you're ok looking at the '09 shop manual. Here's a screen grab:

And a beauty shot of mine. Mine's an '09 "Sayama"

Last edited by Steve244; 01-10-2013 at 05:30 PM.
Old 01-10-2013, 11:44 PM
5 Year Member
oh, i'm not worried about it being mounted wrong now.

I was just thinking it might've been "wrong" BEFORE (with the spacer under the mount). sorry, didn't make that part clear. I'm wondering it maybe, just maybe, that was a factor in it breaking.

personally, I don't like the way the mount attaches at all... i'm more fond of the mounts with a horizontal pin, like the bottom mount. meh, i'm not structural engineer, so i'mma leave it at that.

incidentally, mine is also Sayama.

Old 01-11-2013, 09:58 AM
5 Year Member
Are your sure yours was assembled that way? If yes it might have contributed to failure.

I suspect the other person took the mount apart after it was damaged and put it back together wrong and then sold it to the current owner...

Old 01-11-2013, 11:26 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Steve244
Are your sure yours was assembled that way? If yes it might have contributed to failure.

I suspect the other person took the mount apart after it was damaged and put it back together wrong and then sold it to the current owner...
nope, not sure at all. oh well, it's repaired and done anyway.